Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you know how to lucid dream?

ShadowSJG

If you don't know, lucid dreaming is the act of becoming aware in a dream and taking control of it. I have heard that it feels incredibly lifelike and is amazing. I've been trying for some time now and I hope to do it soon. If you know how, what do you lucid dream about and if you don't, what would you lucid dream about?

• Brohoof 3

I just remember in my Dream, that im in a Dream and then concentrate on something to change the world around me. Dont know how exactly im doing that, but i just remember that im in a Dream whenever i see something unlikely or unrealistic.

Or sometimes i dream about being in a school, but then i remember that im not in school anymore and just jump out the window and fly around.

Last time i turned myself into Twilight and i flew around.

But i dont remember every Dream, i have no idea what i actually dreamed last time.

I know how to lucid dream but I haven't been able to fully take control. I know that a sounds a bit wierd but what I mean is I am aware of being asleep and dreaming but I can't seem to "wake up" enough to be able to form a coherent thought most of the time when I do realize I'm dreaming hehehe it gets even crazier than my usual dreams. Ha haha but if I could control my dreams I would probably just sit in Ponyville and talk to the mane 6 and Starlight Glimmer. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

One of my goals is to lucid dream about the EQG world and Sonic the hedgehog world combined and become a human version of Shadow and just interact with people there. I think it'd be quite fun.

None whatsoever. Sadly it is something I don't think I could ever do. My brother has been experimenting with it before, but he suffers from sleep paralysis a lot which is that can be a gateway to lucid dreaming.

I've experienced it before, when I was younger. I used to be able to do it constantly when I was around 10 or 11. Now, I haven't done it in years. Kind of a bummer, it really does feel so incredibly lifelike, and there's no consequences for anything!  :orly:

bout a year and a half ago i did it regularly and got a lucid dream every weekend, but then I went on vacation during winter break, and didn't have my dream journal and when I got back I was lazy and broke habit and stopped doing my dream journal and reality checks so I no longer have lucid dreams regularly and haven't since early 2015

I want to get back into it but it requires a regular sleep schedule and going to bed at optimal times, and I don't plan on doing that cuz I go to bed at 3-5am every night.

Only when I was little, but I know how to dream consistently but the method I did interrupted rem sleep too much to be viable for proper sleep was interrupted too frequently..

bout a year and a half ago i did it regularly and got a lucid dream every weekend, but then I went on vacation during winter break, and didn't have my dream journal and when I got back I was lazy and broke habit and stopped doing my dream journal and reality checks so I no longer have lucid dreams regularly and haven't since early 2015

I want to get back into it but it requires a regular sleep schedule and going to bed at optimal times, and I don't plan on doing that cuz I go to bed at 3-5am every night.

Interesting. How was your journal kept and what kind of reality checks did you do (in detail if you can)?

Having practiced meditation for several years, lucid dreaming is an easy thing for me to accomplish. The issue is actually sleeping enough to dream in the first place.

If you don't know, lucid dreaming is the act of becoming aware in a dream and taking control of it. I have heard that it feels incredibly lifelike and is amazing. I've been trying for some time now and I hope to do it soon. If you know how, what do you lucid dream about and if you don't, what would you lucid dream about?

I can tell you that I had lucid dreams. Normally it goes like this: I'm doing business as usual, but I accidentally do something amazing, like flying and stuff... I just do it. Sadly, times where I actually feel and remember the dream are far too uncommon for me 

I sadly do not. I've been wanting to lucid dream for years, but I can't get it right. I've tried MILD, I've tried WILD, I've kept a dream journal once, but I did not become lucid. I once attempted doing reality checks, but it's hard to remember that I'm doing them in the first place which results in not doing them in my dream. My attempts at  MILD and keeping a dream journal have gotten me to have dreams, but they felt like reality regardless of how unrealistic the dream is, and that's because the parts of the brain that make you think logically shut down during sleep making it so that dreams with weird physics seem real. I think I can lucid dream if I do the reality checks regularly every day, once every 30 minutes or so until it doesn't feel right to not do so once a day, and depending on the reality check I'm doing (Trying to push my fingers through my palm) I need to expect for the illogical thing to happen.

I can do it. Happens about 3-5 times a week for me. It's amazing. Not gonna share details of how I achieved it here, cause it might be against the rules, but I recommend everyone try to do it.

• Brohoof 1

Only when I was little, but I know how to dream consistently but the method I did interrupted rem sleep too much to be viable for proper sleep was interrupted too frequently..

Interesting. How was your journal kept and what kind of reality checks did you do (in detail if you can)?

I used an online site which had a dream journal thing (dreamviews.com)

I kind of just put the date (idk if this is necessary), then the time I felt it occured around (usually I would wake up in the early morning/middle of then ight and fall back asleep, then have dreams). Then I wrote out the dream in as much detail as possible. Down to like the color of stuff, etc. etc.

I would also name the dreams (this is really helpful to do) so I'd be like [dream name - what happened in dream]

After that I would read them over. This is good to see recurring themes in your dream to do for reality checks. (for example some of mine were it being night time/early morning in almost all of my dreams, despite clock times, and my dog that ran away). When I would see these I would hold my nose closed and try to breathe. If I couldn't breathe, obviously I am awake, but if I could breathe, I realized I was in a dream.

I also did these reality checks regularly throughout the day, just randomly when I remembered to. 

It's different for most people, but in about a month I was having a lucid dream every weekend. (and would've definitely increased if I kept doing it)

• Brohoof 2

I know they have a lot of lucid dreaming inducing music going around on Youtube. Helps me sleep a lot better at night.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be very good at it, when I had more time to dedicate to such things. Now it sometimes happens by accident while I am in the dream state, but the environment usually dissipates before I can make use of it.

It is a glorious feeling when it works, especially the sensation of flying.

In a way, yes, but it's not exactly a thing I can do on command. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I can sometimes pull it off. I let myself drift back to sleep and there's almost this seemless transition back into dreaming despite being fully aware of where I actually am. I think sleep paralysis might play a factor in this too, but I'm not an expert about this stuff.

I've heard of "techniques" allowing one to achieve a state of lucidity while dreaming, but i have never tried any of it myself deliberately.

I have accidentally become lucid during a dream twice in my life. I started experiencing loss of control around the second time, so I'm not sure if it was a lucid dream or a dream about lucid dreaming, however, lol.

I'm not exactly sure how to lucid dream, but I've heard a lot about it and it'd be interesting to try sometime. Even though this might not be completely like lucid dreaming, I'm sometimes able to control my dreams almost however I want, even stopping the dreams I don't like and change the environment to something nicer.

Yes, I do.  Sort of.  I taught myself how to do it by will alone.  I didn't use any special techniques.  One day I just started telling myself, "I'm going to lucid dream tonight," and eventually it worked.  I don't think most people would be able to do it this way.  I got pretty good at it--good enough to change my location and control the weather with reasonable clarity, as well as grant myself superpowers.  If I find myself in a lucid dream, I try to rub my hands together and tell myself out loud that it's a dream.  I've read that that can act as an anchor to prevent you from waking up or losing control or lucidity.  I've found it works quite well.  The sensation of rubbing my hands together in the dream world is completely indistinguishable from doing it in real life.  It's kind of frightening, actually, as well as awesome.  Unfortunately, due to multiple stresses piling up in my life at the moment, I haven't been able to lucid dream for many months.  It's a skill that disappears rapidly if you don't use it.  I find that the more preoccupied I am in my waking life, the less I can lucid dream.  I can only do it when my mind is free to think about it throughout the day.  This is a shame because my goal is to eventually make my dream world completely indistinguishable from real life in every way, except that I have perfect control over it, to the point that I can create other sentient beings and interact with them as if they're real.  This is the only way I'll ever find what I need to be happy.  I know it's possible.  I have no doubt that that kind of depth and control can be had, but I'll probably never be able to do it in my lifetime.

I've had a couple lucid dreams. I have also had lucidlike events, but I wasn't fully aware I was lucid dreaming, but in a way I did and took advantage of the opportunity with certain adult dreams if you know what I mean xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've had a couple fragmented lucid dreams before, but they never lasted long. I've tried many times to improve my chances. Some of these efforts include keeping a dream diary, taking 'dream herb' (Calea Zacatechichi) and practicing awareness in my waking hours (like asking myself if I'm dreaming, and trying to put my hand through things). So far none of these methods have yielded very good results, but I keep trying. There's a whole alternate life to be lived in lucid dreams, with no limits, and I want to live some of it!  :orly:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1