Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wonderbolts Academy Handbook

Megas

(edited)

sig-4587751.61KF8tuin-L.jpg

Anyone read this yet? If anyone's still interested in the Wonderbolts, it does offer some interesting insight on how they (should) operate, as well as going into the teams history. Also, in hindsight it makes you realize how much they messed up the 'Bolts since the current team can't seem to follow their own rules. Some of the comments from Rainbow Dash can be pretty funny too

Also some interesting points

- Fleetfoot sounds like a flirt, which goes well in line with how she was characterized in the IDW comics

- General Firelfly may or may not actually be a dude

- Some of Rainbow's comments offer some interesting episode ideas, like Scootaloo going to flight camp, or the journal entry involving someone who doesn't want to be a WB but only did it because her parents made her

- The back photo with her in the WB photo, Spitfire and Lightning Dust

1195001__safe_rainbow+dash_spitfire_ligh

Edited by Jefferson Steelflex
  • Brohoof 3

Given what I have heard about it, I would love to see some of the things mentioned in it happen in the show.

They could make for some great episodes.

Especially the one about someone who is only a WB because of her parents.

• Brohoof 2

OMG!!! I'm looking for this book so bad!! :sneer:  :wub:

Did you purchase online or in store?

I'm also THE BIGGEST! Wonderbolts fan!

sig-4587751.61KF8tuin-L.jpg

Anyone read this yet? If anyone's still interested in the Wonderbolts, it does offer some interesting insight on how they (should) operate, as well as going into the teams history. Also, in hindsight it makes you realize how much they messed up the 'Bolts since the current team can't seem to follow their own rules. Some of the comments from Rainbow Dash can be pretty funny too

Also some interesting points

- Fleetfoot sounds like a flirt, which goes well in line with how she was characterized in the IDW comics

- General Firelfly may or may not actually be a dude

- Some of Rainbow's comments offer some interesting episode ideas, like Scootaloo going to flight camp, or the journal entry involving someone who doesn't want to be a WB but only did it because her parents made her

Where did you purchase this?? online? in store?

(edited)

OMG!!! I'm looking for this book so bad!! :sneer:  :wub:

Did you purchase online or in store?

I'm also THE BIGGEST! Wonderbolts fan!

Where did you purchase this?? online? in store?

It's on Amazon for about $13 for the moment - https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Wonderbolts-Handbook/dp/0316394998/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&linkCode=sl1&tag=equestr-20&linkId=170eeea1bedb8b10cb8c2fe5972b4745

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

General Firefly... did we ever see an actual pic of the general, or just the uniform? Cuz if we aren't sure, then it could be a throwback to G1's Firefly, who was replaced by Hasbro with Rainbow Dash for G4 (Lauren was originally going to have Firefly be part of the mane 6).

Scootaloo going to flight camp would make a great episode, especially if it were a sequel to Flight To The Finish.

Don't you remember the episode 'Last Resort'? Scootaloo had to sell her wings to KFC to pay for rent. Flight camp is a no-go for her now.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

I actually bought the Wonderbolts academy handbook last week.

It's a really good book. Not only it has Rainbow Dash's point of view, but it has some very inspiring passages 

that are really worth reading :D :D

It was dine and all, but I felt most of it's passages you could read in other works :huh:. Not bad, but definitely not my favorite book either  >_>

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 5 weeks later...

I really liked the book, but there were many continuity errors that were erking me.

For example, more ponies doing the sonic rainboom (even though it's an old mare's tail/legend) kinda always saw it more like a prophecy type thing because RD's sonic rainboom is what caused the mane six to become the elements of harmony and save equestria blah blah destiny. Also Lightning Dust in the front was weird. The nicknames even though she didn't come up with those till later. RD got an 88% even though we saw her in the episode know all the answers.. There were a few other things, but I didn't write them down so I don't remember.

Overall the book was awesome of course! Best part was the ending. Dashie's journal entry's were hilarious especially the dream XD

I like the added lore.

7.8/10

I really liked the book, but there were many continuity errors that were erking me.

For example, more ponies doing the sonic rainboom (even though it's an old mare's tail/legend) kinda always saw it more like a prophecy type thing because RD's sonic rainboom is what caused the mane six to become the elements of harmony and save equestria blah blah destiny. Also Lightning Dust in the front was weird. The nicknames even though she didn't come up with those till later. RD got an 88% even though we saw her in the episode know all the answers.. There were a few other things, but I didn't write them down so I don't remember.

Overall the book was awesome of course! Best part was the ending. Dashie's journal entry's were hilarious especially the dream XD

I like the added lore.

7.8/10

What dream did Rainbow have?

What dream did Rainbow have?

Remember at the end during her journal entries she says she had a weird nightmare/dream where she was trying to find Rarity's best dress (not exactly what happened but don't have the book in front of me at the moment) and then Nightmare Moon tells her some stuff idk then she hugs Spike and wakes up

I don't remember exactly but I was dying laughing at that part.

Remember at the end during her journal entries she says she had a weird nightmare/dream where she was trying to find Rarity's best dress (not exactly what happened but don't have the book in front of me at the moment) and then Nightmare Moon tells her some stuff idk then she hugs Spike and wakes up

I don't remember exactly but I was dying laughing at that part.

To be fair, I don't exactly have the book.

But that's pretty funny.

Edited by heavens-champion