Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private FoE: Aftermath; After the Fact (1x1 with Meson Bolt)

Kronos the Revenant

(edited)

Link to OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/154069-foe-aftermath-behind-the-scenes-1x1-with-meson-bolt/

Log Entry 1997:

It's been quite a while since our, well let's just call them antics for lack of a better word, with our previous party. Sadly, I had to say farewell to these new potential friends that I just started to like. Crackshot, Hazelnut, Scarlett, even Lupus. We all had to say our farewells as we departed. However, I never thought I'd end up like this. Despite our, umm, diffferences in opinions and styles, Foray of all the ponies in this group stayed along with me. This could possibly mean something, but I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, otherwise, like Mother and Father said, I'll end up giving myself a headache and a heartache, which I really don't want to deal with right now after our ordeal.

Kronos was just about to start going his own way when he noticed that a particularly familiar mare was close to him.

He chuckled to himself before asking, "I thought that we were gonna part ways after all this was over."

Edited by Kronos

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What? You couldn't possibly think I'd just let you head out into the wasteland alone and unprotected..." Foray retorted smugly. "I saved your ass... three, four times during that fight... I suppose it's my job now."

Somehow even more disheveled than when the actual fight began, the copper-haired unicorn seemed oblivious to this fact as she trotted on through the wastes, a spring in her step. Tied on her front left leg was a makeshift bandage, stained heavily with her blood, and covering a severe bullet wound that she'd received during the fight, yet she continued on like it wasn't a problem.

(edited)

Kronos scoffed, "I could've taken care of myself back there. Still, thanks for watching my back. I really appreciated it."

Kronos noticed Foray's makeshift bandaging. Having a dark-red blotch on a white piece of cloth on a leg wasn't exactly a subtle thing that no one notices. At the same time, though, he noticed that she seemed euphoric that she probably doesn't really feel it. Still, thinking of himself as the caring friend he is, he still felt obligated to ask.

"Um, Foray," Kronos asked Foray, "I don't mean to kill your buzz, but, are you okay down there?" He gestured over to her bandage.

Edited by Kronos

Foray rolled her eyes and chortled. "Like you could've taken out those entrenched snipers with a chaingun. That big head of yours owes me four thank-you's."

"...Actually, make that one," she added after a quick moment of thought. "You did bring me back to reality after I freaked out, so that's worth about three thank-you's..."

Slowing to a halt after his question, she glanced down at her wound. Though the bandage was securely applied, she hadn't been able to stop the bleeding. "Meh... it still burns like hell, but I'm trying not to think about it," Foray answered, still using her cheery tone.

(edited)

Kronos smirked. Hehe, she's funny, I'll give her that, he thought to himself, but she's right. I do owe her some thanks for watching me back there.

"Thanks, Foray," Kronos replied, "For watching my back back there. I don't think I would've made it out of there alive without you."

She seems to have the same cheery tone I have most of the time whenever I try not to think about my old parties, he thought, Hmm, then again, she also lost her family to this damned wasteland as well. I know that neither of us wanna admit it, but since it's just the two of us against the Wasteland now, we'll need to watch over each other like that now more than ever.

Edited by Kronos

(edited)

Foray cleared her throat awkwardly. "Um... jeez, that was... surprisingly solemn." she retorted. "Don't do that again, it weirds me out..."

Continuing on silently, she stared up at Kronos and studied him for a moment, before returning her eyes to the trail. "So, ah... where exactly are we headed now? I know I'm usually the one who says what's what, but I'm still new to this part of the Wasteland... any suggestions?"

Edited by Meson Bolt

(edited)

Kronos looked at Foray and sighed. Should I really tell her how I operate my life at this point? he thought to himself, I guess now's a better time than ever.

"Well, to tell you the truth," Kronos explained, "I just plan on wandering around the Equestrian Wasteland for as long as I can. That is, until I find some work to do. That's how I've been living my life after the megaspells. Come to think of it, it's how I've lived my life ever since I left Ragnarok."

He was thinking about a more clear answer than that, but at this time, he couldn't really think of anything.

Edited by Kronos

"Really? That... does sound kinda appealing, actually..." Foray responded with a light chuckle. "But considering how old you are -- no offense intended, of course -- I don't suppose that's something you're looking forward to..."

Thinking for a moment, she added, "I do have quite the reputation in the Domain though, and can probably help you find a job. What kind of work are you looking for?"

Kronos chuckled, "I don't mind anyone commenting on my age. Besides, while I do try looking for work, it's still rather fun and interesting to try wandering around and just be free to do as you please. Of course, sometimes the problem with that is that with so much freedom to do whatever you want, you end up running out of things to do. At least, that's how things are in my case. That's why I became a wandering mercenary."

He then commented on Foray's mentioning of the Domain, "To be honest, I'll take any kind of work, be it domestic or miscellaneous. Besides, I've been interested in seeing this 'Domain' ever since you first mentioned it to me. Lead the way, ma'am."

Foray chuckled again, still maintaining her gleeful demeanor.

"Not happening, sorry," she replied, nudging him playfully. "I left the Domain for good reason -- I'd cleaned it up and I was bored, and I wanted to see if they could fare on their own, without a guardian. I've only been gone three months, and I don't plan on returning for at least a full year. Besides, it's in... it's quite a ways from here, and I can't fly."

Tossing him a quizzical look, she asked, "How about you though? Where'd you say you were from... rag rock or something? Where's that?"

(edited)

Kronos looked up at the sky as if he was contemplating.

"Ragnarok," he replied, "an isolated kingdom where its citizens prosper in self-advancement of technology. Since the kingdom was isolated, it was not subject to formal decree from the royal princesses. As such, the society formed its own system of government that was measured by the amount of power one has exerted. In Ragnarok, power is a general term. There were many things in Ragnarok that represented power. Such things that could get you power included brute strength, tactical smarts, innovative ingenuity, or any other aspect that can benefit the military power of the kingdom. I was lucky enough to be raised by the two most powerful soldiers in the kingdom. They provided me with the best training and education so that I can get to where I am right now. I know that Hazelnut and Crackshot didn't exactly see my military prowess, but to a Ragnarokian, my fighting style is a style to look up to."

He then looked over in a direction before continuing, "There is no map that outsiders have that has the location of this technologically prosperous kingdom, but those that hail from Ragnarok can naturally find their way back."

Edited by Kronos

Foray simply stared as he rambled on. "Wow, alright... so, I take it me going there is a no-go? Since I'm... y'know, an 'outsider'. I'm actually alright with that."

"The Domain isn't anything like that, it's just a big basin with a town in the middle. Because of its low elevation, there's a lot of radioactivity in the air and water, so nearly all of its inhabitants are rad-resistant. It used to be one of the most dangerous parts of the Wasteland -- hell hounds, radscorpions, deathroaches, warring parties -- but it's pretty peaceful now. Except for the deathroaches... those are still a thing."

Coming to the edge of a hill, the unicorn glanced over what part of the Wasteland she could and asked, "I don't suppose there are any settlements around here where we can spend the night, huh?"

"Oh, no, it's not that outsiders aren't welcome to Ragnarok," Kronos explained, "It's just that they can't FIND the kingdom all by themselves. They'll need a Raganrokian to guide them to the kingdom. So, if you're curious, you can come on and see it. All it takes is one call to the kingdom for a pick-up."

He then changed the subject with, "I've heard of Deathclaws, Hellhounds, Radroaches, hell, even Deathskull Radscorpions, but what in Xerox's name is a Deathroach?" He then went to answer Foray's question, "Well, if we can't find a settlement, we can just find a raider camp and kill everyone there or try to get them to stand down."

Foray shrugged. "I think I'll pass. Not that I don't want to visit your hometown, I just don't feel like I'd fit in very well." She smirked, adding, "Besides, hopping on some vehicle and flying somewhere would be too easy, and... well, boring."

"Kinda makes sense that you've never heard of deathroaches, since they're unique to the Domain, and I don't think you've ever been there." A look of concern washed over her face for a moment as she thought about them. "I really don't know what caused it, but a few radroaches got infected by some chemical in Vault 105 and went a bit crazy... they like to swarm together by the millions and will viciously attack anything who wanders in. Other radroaches, radscorpions, stags, unfortunate ponies, hellhounds, et cetera. It's best to just avoid them."

"Ahh, don't kid yourself," Kronos commented, "Believe it or not, Ragnarok is actually very welcoming to foreigners and their outside knowledge. We Rokians have a keen interest in outside cultures and beliefs in hopes of forging alliances and friendships between nations, regardless of location and distance. Hell, it's what I've been trying to do before the megespells went off and all hell broke loose out here. Ah, I don't wanna bore you with more trivia on my stupid culture. You probably would sleep before I even get a quarter way through the origins of the kingdom, let alone it's entire culture."

Kronos then thought about Forays description on Deathroaches. A swarm attacking variant of Radroaches? he thought to himself, That's gotta be something to observe and check out later. Then again, the way she's describing them, they seem more lethal than anything I've ever encountered in the Wasteland. Thank Xerox that these things are unique to that Domain place.

Kronos then descended upon what appeared to be an abandoned campsite. "Looky there," he told Foray, pointing out the camp, "Looks abandoned. Should we try scoping it out to see if we can camp here?"

Foray frowned slighty. "Huh... well, it does sound like a nice place, but a mare like me does well to avoid nice places, since I'd probably screw something up." Bristling lightly, she added, "Like I said, I'll pass for now, but perhaps later..."

Turning her attention to the campsite, she quickly whipped out her "sniper" pistol and scoped in, glancing over the campsite. After a few moments of observation, she reported, "Yup, looks recently abandoned. There's still some smoke coming from the campfire, but I think whoever was here cleared out a while ago..." Nudging him playfully again, she quipped, "Want me to check it out while you stand here and contemplate your existence?"

Kronos laughed, "In your dreams. C'mon, let's go down and check out if they may have left something behind for us." Kronos went ahead of Foray into the abandoned campsite. When he got there, he noticed that the campfire was nearly self-extinguished, so he got whatever flammable scraps there were around him and tossed them into the fire pit. He checked each tent. "Looks like each tent has at least one bed in them." He then scrounged a little bit more. To his blind luck, he found a few pieces of fresh, but raw, meat that was left behind by the campsite's previous occupants. If I can just rekindle the fire, he thought, I could cook us up a nice meal from this meat. He then turned towards Foray who he was sure was behind him, "Hey, Foray, you think there's any wood around here to rekindle the fire? I don't think that the left over packaging from the previous occupants would feed this fire for long and I'm not looking forward to scraping my arm with a rock to light a new fire."

Foray looked concerned as she glanced around the campsite. Her intuition told her something was amiss, and although she didn't like to admit it, she was a bit unsettled.

"Uh, Kron?" she called out quietly. "Something's not right about this... they left the tents standing, the fire's gone out only recently, and there's fresh meat. If they were leaving camp, they'd have packed up everything -- or at least the meat and tents -- and doused the fire." Considering their options, she added, "Either they're just gone for now and are gonna return soon, or... something drove them out, and that something could still be around."

As she was speaking, she was flicking her ears around in all directions, trying to hear if anything was nearby.

"Hmm, I never thought of it that way." Kronos replied as he thought about Foray's comment, "We should be on the lookout for anyone or anything that'll wanna fuck up this campsite with us in it. How 'bout you sleep and I take sentry duty for the night. Don't worry, I can set myself to Nocturnal Mode as in I can quiet down my servos and mechanical systems. Also, I'll stay by your tent, but I won't try anything, you can trust me." 

Wow. Saved his ass four times, and he still thinks I'm helpless. What a great pal...

"Listen... I realize that you may be slightly stupid, but in case you haven't noticed, I'm no weakling. Please don't treat me like one." Bristling slightly, she added, "Besides, you need sleep too -- and don't even say that you don't. I can tell you're exhausted."

Taking another moment to survey the campsite, she continued, "I think it'd just be best to clear out of here. We don't know whether these ponies are hostile or not, but I don't feel like taking that chance."

Taking a glance at where Foray was looking, he reluctantly agreed. "Okay, we'll rest here for a few hours, then we'll make off with whatever viable supplies we can take from here. After that, we hightail it out of here. Like I said before, you don't need to worry about me when it comes to sleep. I prefer sleeping by myself anyways. Despite what you've previously witnessed, in my defense, I had no choice but to sleep there with you and Lupus. I didn't mind with Lupus cuz, well, he was my best friend there. And you, well, you chose to stay there with us for some reason that I can't comprehend. Well, rest easy, Foray." He then went ahead to take a rest in one of the tents.

"Uhh... I meant clear out now," Foray stated. "We don't know if or when they're coming back, and I for one don't want to be caught sleeping when they do."

Bristling slightly, she added, "And besides, we don't even know if these ponies are raiders. It wouldn't be right to steal their stuff. Let's just find our own spot, make our own camp, and catch some shuteye, alright?"

Kronos reluctantly woke back up by the time he was half asleep.

"Okay," Kronos tiredly replied, "Then let's ship out from here." Kronos went one to get back up, cracked his knuckles, snapped his neck around and limbered back up. He then asked Foray, "You got any preferences as to where we camp out at?"

"Preference? As in... do I care about the surrounding terrain?" Foray looked around and shrugged. "Sure -- crappy radioactive wasteland... I don't think we have much of a choice."

She smirked sarcastically. "Or do you mean specific places? There's this one hill that has a wicked view of the Domain, but there's no way we're reaching that tonight, so... yeah, stupid question is stupid. Let's just get a safe distance from here and crash somewhere."

"Alright," Kronos replied to Foray, "You know where you wanna go, so lead the way. I'll just be following you." 

Same routine over and over again, dude, he thought to himself, Get recruited, follow orders, and try your best to keep your junk to yourself. There's no need to scare this one away.

He's right, Athena, the voices said again.

"What the--?" Kronos said to himself, "I thought you guys were outta my head already?"

You know that the voices of your parents can never go away, sweetie, another voice went on.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, you guys just don't know when to leave me be, do you?"

C'mon, son, we're just trying to help.

"Foray and I are just fine by ourselves, so stay out of it."