Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health How often do you wash your hair?

Member Berry

I used to wash mine everyday/every other day as it would get really greasy quickly >.> My hairdresser kept telling me to wash it less as it'll "train" my hair to need less washing. I've been doing it for about about a week and a half and it still gets greasy quickly. I'll keep it up a bit longer to see if it'll work.

Every night. Though I have that type of hair that's really fluffy, I don't think its ever actually gotten greasy. I still like to wash every night though as it makes me feel cleaner.

I used to wash it every day, but it made my hair dry and caused an itchy scalp, which was unpleasant, to say the least.

This is pretty much what happened to me too. Besides, it got irritating to buy new shampoo so often. My hair doesn't even get that greasy, even though the third day feels quite filthy sometimes. Scheduling the washing like that became a habit since I dyed my hair just so the color wouldn't fade so soon. I do shower every night though.

(edited)

I wash mine once a weekly, and every time it's full of dandruff from excessive sweat and bacteria. After close-cutting it, I rub my scalp and it rains flakes like brown snow (ewwwwwwwww  :eww: ) I plan to change that this summer and increase it to 3 to 4 times a week. Gotta maintain my brushables' hair too

Edited by Shabb3r

I shower everyday. I use conditioner on the end of my hair and shampoo only on the scalp.

My hair is pretty healthy and thick. Just need to cut the edges.

I like to use pantene or head and shoulders. 2 in 1 is preferred.

I usually wash mine everyday when I have class or a busy week, but during any sort of breaks I take 1-2 days between washes, but it wavers a bit depending on my hair. It'll sometimes get greasier faster than normal so I may wash it more often when that happens.

I wash my hair three times a week; twice with an anti-dandruff shampoo on Mondays/Tuesdays, then Fridays/Saturdays when I take my shower. Thankfully it's easier to wash now that I have a buzzcut, compared to before when it was shoulder-length~

It depends on if my hair needs cut or not. When it is short I do every other day so that my scalp doesn't get dry and itchy, but when it gets long I do everyday so it doesn't get oily.

• Brohoof 1

I've been doing it for about about a week and a half and it still gets greasy quickly. I'll keep it up a bit longer to see if it'll work.

It takes a couple of weeks (up to two months I guess?) to train your hair. But it works! :D

• Brohoof 2

I skip a day if I'm POSITIVE that I don't smell...
Which is tough to determine since my sense of smell is nearly non-existent.  I generally take a shower everyday just in case.  

Every other day usually. I have thin hair and it can get oily at the scalp fast, but at the same time it is quite dry at the tips and I can't overwash it without it all falling out or breaking off. Washing every other day and using dry shampoo on the day i don't wash it usually is perfect for my hair.