Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannot Scroll Pony-emoticons

Rikifive
Go to solution Solved by Fhaolan,

Hello everypony!

I'm experiencing a small issue with emoticons.

The Issue   
Take a look on this:
hjL5v4F.png
This is the emoticon bar.
:orly:-{ Thank you Princess Obvious! )
*shush* Perhaps they didn't know this!  :-P

Everything works fine except one thing - I can't scroll these emoticons.
I've marked the tiny blue arrow with the bigger red one.
The tiny blue arrow is supposed to scroll the emoticon bar to the next page and basically show next emoticons. Now the thing is, it doesn't work at all.

Clicking on this absolutely doesn't do anything.

A Workaround?   
I was and I'm still always clicking 'Show All' button, which brings the full list of emoticons in a new window.
Everything here works, but I'm tired of opening that window over and over again.
Anyway, it's not very handy, because since it's in another window, it gets covered up when clicking on the main one to simply type in the text editor.

Other Information   

> I'm using Google Chrome

> I'm a member of other forums, that use exactly the same forum software (IP.Board) and they don't have that issue

> I like ponies No wait, that's irrelevant  :adorkable:

Does anybody experience this as well?

Is there something I can do?

Thank you!  :please:

• Brohoof 7

Huh, how odd. I'm seeing the same thing in Chrome, Edge, and IE. I hadn't noticed that before. Maybe we've reached some kind of critical mass of emoticons, since we just re-added a couple that had been removed.

I'll put a ticket in for a techpone to see if they can find anything going on in the backend for it.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
Maybe we've reached some kind of critical mass of emoticons, since we just re-added a couple that had been removed.

I've noticed, that few emoticons were added recently ( :-P  :-o  :idea:  :ninja: <= these, if I'm not mistaking) , but it's not what broke this. I'm experiencing this issue since I've joined the forums, which was almost a month ago.

The whole time I was ignoring this and using the workaround ~ I hoped, that it will fix itself someday, but nothing was changing, so after that time I decided to bring that to attention.

I was thinking if I should put the ticket or something like this (as stated in these walls of text of rules and FAQ's  :-P ), but I'm kinda new, so I've decided to just post it here. Don't banish me to the Moon.  :adorkable:

WtvmtpT.png

Post awaiting approval...? Oh no, they've noticed I'm a bot!  :awuh: The security in Canterlot is really high.  :-P

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

I have noticed this as well. I mainly use my iPad for my visitations to the forums and I thought that it was simply just my iPad acting up. But I suppose that it's an issue elsewhere, too! 

• Brohoof 2

Have same issue here. It was working fine until a month ago, and the same sort of problems start appearing.

[post needs to be approved first! Oh no, I think I got placed under the mod queue! What did I even do wrong?  :o ]

• Brohoof 2

@@Rikifive,@: Nope, not mod queue. This particular section of the forums has all the replies set to 'waiting for approval'. I've been told the idea at the time was to slow down misinformation and incorrect answers to technical issues.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, yes, I knew that. I was just joking.  :-P

Though still I was kinda wondering what exactly is the purpose of this ~ but now when you mention that, bad troubleshooting could lead to even more 'damage', especially if somebody would make a joke of you~ so it makes sense. Thanks for explaining.  :rarity:

I have the same problem Riki. I thought it was about my browser. You use chrome and you also got the same problem as well as some of the other members. I hope this issue is fixed :-o

• Brohoof 2

Okay, Feld0 thinks he may have fixed this. You might need to clear your browser cache, however, as I had to do that for Chrome.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, it is fixed now. :fluttershy:  I don't even had to clear cache, nor anything.  :-P

Now it's much better!  :love:

This issue has been resolved, so having this topic open any longer is not needed. Closing.