Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Cheerilee and Big Mac old?

ggg-2

Cheerilee and Big Mac are implied to be the same age, with one episode showing Cheerilee as a teen in what seems to be the Equestrian version of the 80's essentially "confirming" her, and thus probably Big Mac, to be close to, if fully, middle aged.

I don't think so, I'd say Cheerilee is about the same age as the Mane 6 while Big Mac is slightly older by a couple of years

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What was the "80's" for us wouldn't have necessarily been the 80's for Equestria and might not have even been less than a decade prior. The comics did show them going to the same High school as Shining Armor, though that causes more questions than it answers. While Big Mac and likely Cheerilee are obviously older than the Mane 6 by virtue of Mac being AJ's older brother, they're nowhere near as old as their parents. In human years, I'd say they'd be somewhere around late 20's, very early 30's. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

(edited)

What was the "80's" for us wouldn't have necessarily been the 80's for Equestria and might not have even been less than a decade prior. The comics did show them going to the same High school as Shining Armor, though that causes more questions than it answers. While Big Mac and likely Cheerilee are obviously older than the Mane 6 by virtue of Mac being AJ's older brother, they're nowhere near as old as their parents. In human years, I'd say they'd be somewhere around late 20's, very early 30's. 

Cheerilee did make a cameo (along with Mayor Mare), but not Big Mac - Though we can safely assume they're about the same age.

So let's try to figure this out. Even though they called it the "Canterlot Academy", it was clearly based off of a high school comedy. High school is like 15 to 18, right? Also, Twilight showed up in this arc too, I think without her cutie mark.

A few years back Equestria Daily posted a thing, apparently a script they used during the VA tryouts for Apple Bloom. It came with a character description, that mentioned AB was 7 years old.

So let's say Twilight was 7 at the time of this comic arc, and that Cheerilee was 15.

We don't know how much time it's been since then, but this would make Cheerilee (and probably Big Mac) about 8 years older than Twilight - However old that is.

I specify Twilight only because we don't really know for *sure* that the Mane 6 are the same age. I used to headcanon that they were, but as of Flutterbrutter I'm thinking Fluttershy and Pinkie are a little older than the rest of the gang (ironic in Pinkie's case since she's probably the most childish/immature/innocent of them all).

Edited by Daring_Do

I always thought that they were a little bit older than the majority of the Mane 6 ponies, but not by much. Like maybe they're just like 5 years older or so. I don't have any definitive proof though; I'm just going off by how they seem to act.

(edited)

Some speculate Cheerilee is as old as Rarity because the filly that was in the same grade as Rarity looked like Cheerilee, I felt that could also be an oversight as the show is known to use similar palette colors for extras.

In Equestria Girls Cheerilee is a teacher and Big Mac is a student... huh? Just going to say ages are a bit wack in EQG.

Edited by cider float

Gonna add another to the pile for only a few years older than the mane six, who I usually place as young adults. 

In Equestria Girls Cheerilee is a teacher and Big Mac is a student... huh? Just going to say ages are a bit wack in EQG.

I have thought enough about ages in EqG to know that only madness lies that way. 

• Brohoof 1

Big Mac, Cheerilee, Soarin, Spitfire, Sapphire Shores, Shining Armor, and Cadance all seem to be of an age, meaning they're probably a couple of years apart of each other and that's about it, while being 5-8 years older than the Mane 6 cluster. I also suspect Blueblood and Fleur de Lis to be in that older cluster, but on the younger side of it, closer to the Mane 6 ages.

• 4 weeks later...