Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does Rainbow Dash get away with her hair?

Azureth

Considering the student body is practically a rainbow in itself, and the school is being attacked by magical multicoloured monsters and being saved by a rainbow death ray of friendship every other week, I think rainbow hair is the least of their concerns. And besides, considering the lengths of some of the skirts we've seen, can we be so sure there's even a dress code?

Sadly there have been reports of a school forcing a natural red head to change her hair color because it didn't look natural enough.

Sounds like an abuse of some kind of civil liberty. Pretty sure any layer worth their salt kind find fault with that rule. 

Sounds like an abuse of some kind of civil liberty. Pretty sure any layer worth their salt kind find fault with that rule.

You'd think, but no such lawsuit was filed, and sadly I doubt they will. We have a culture that shames people for not conforming.

It isn't dye, it's her natural hair color. Most school dress code language references one or three key words, 'dye', 'coloring', or 'artificial.'

My kid's highschool dropped this item entirely. My 15 year old has attended high school with 'pinkie pie' pink and bright ass blue. So not every public school even has a hair color rule.

Good point, it's all natural hair so makes no sense for a high school to outlaw any student from coming with their natural hair. Though I could see someone like Principal Cinch encouraging students to actually dye their hair all the same color to conform since they all had the same uniform but she seemed to allow that to slide.

Don't most schools allow freedom of hair colour/style? My high school might have been a little more restrictive because it was a private school, but I'm pretty sure public schools don't have rules against that sort of thing. I mean, public school kids wear whatever they want so I imagine they can style their hair how they want too.