Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unlikeable Pony

With the help of the Mane 6 and especially Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle must confront the dark “Midnight Sparkle” within herself and embrace her newfound magical abilities to save the camp.

so we got some new information and a synopsis from the hasbro website

1195683__safe_equestria+girls_legend+of+

1195688__safe_equestria+girls_meme_explo

1195689__safe_equestria+girls_meme_explo

http://equestriagirls.hasbro.com/en-us/movies/loe

On a personal note: NOT looking forward to this; all my enthusiasm dissapeared. absolutely despised FG reducing the other 5 to glorified power batteries to twilight and sunset, and we look to be getting "Friendship games 2: electric boogaloo" here.

Goddamnit.

On the note of timber spruce: since the info about him talks about him trying to maintain control over the camp despite magic, I'm actually expecting him to be like  hans from frozen; that he'll be trying to get close to twilight and playing on her insecurities for his own gain to try and get her magic from her, which would fit with twilight's fear of her magic.

• Brohoof 2

IDK, it's not really enough information for me to form an opinion yet, I'll wait.

(edited)
Twilight Sparkle must confront the dark “Midnight Sparkle” within herself and embrace her newfound magical abilities to save the camp.

I'll wait for more info, but I'll admit that this doesn't fill me with confidence, I was hoping the EQG movies would finally be able to avoid focusing too much on Twilight

On the note of timber spruce: since the info about him talks about him trying to maintain control over the camp despite magic, I'm actually expecting him to be like  hans from frozen; that he'll be trying to get close to twilight and playing on her insecurities for his own gain to try and get her magic from her, which would fit with twilight's fear of her magic.

This on the other hand I wouldn't mind, I actually think it could be neat

At the very least it'll be fun watching potential fandom drama surrounding him

His chin looks dumb though

Edited by Jefferson Steelflex
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, also, we also now know that the leaked songs WERE legit, as the image original posted on 4chan with the leaked list is one of the same ones that just appeared on the website

1194888__safe_text_4chan_seems+legit_spo

I'll wait for more info, but I'll admit that this doesn't fill me with confidence, I was hoping the EQG movies would finally be able to avoid focusing too much on Twilight

Yeah, same. I was actually looking forward to this movie until we got THAT synopsis.

You could find these images on the website, but here's a collected bit of teaser images of the campgrounds for the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJeJHsuUO

This is the worst teaser ever, all I could gather from it was playsets Hasbro might make in the future with the dolls and that last shot of the foggy/misty forest got me fucked up, now I think Jason is gonna come and go all Friday the 13th on the mane 7. FML

Anyways... I think this could go both ways this could probably be really good like RR or it could a piece of shit like FG BUT! I'm not going to say anything until the trailer comes out but that Gloriosa chick looks weird to me probably cause she looks different from the other Equestria girl models and that Timber Spruce guy aka Flash Sentry 2.0 chin is weirding me out.

Does that mean that there also will be pony Twilie?! mlp-tsmile.png

doubtful, they seem to have tried very hard to quarantine FIM from EQG so they can be seperate now; plus they'll be in the wilderness far away from the statue.

Hmmm, not enough for me to judge, but this could go either way. I really hope that the others still manage to get some character development at least and this Timber guy........let's hope he's more interesting than Flash Sentry.

(edited)

@@Unlikeable Pony,

1. Quarantining one from another is a senseless doing. They are connected, and always have been. To quarantine it completely, they would have to force-develop SciTwi as a character until she is developed as much as pony Twilie is, and then get rid of Sunny (I would love to see how they let THAT happen  :baconmane:). Also, if they would want to quarantine them...then what was the point to start off in FiM setting?

2. Why doubtful? Since when Mane 6 and 5 characters (Sunset was named separately!) are synonymous?

Edited by Light Blade
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Please tell me this is a joke. PLEASE. I thought the other movies were bad but... Midnight Sparkle? Seriously????

Just burn it all. That's the only way to save it.

It looks like the Sleepover chapter book wasn't just a random story, they're more or less taking the plot of that book and making it this Movie's character plot (Twilight being all super scared and obsessed over "I was a demon once, what if I turn into one again gaiz?!")

Yeah, not looking forward to this one either. Like, I was actually decently interested in the original plot of gloriosa being a magical being from another dimension and that was the central plot, like how the dazzlings were for RR. But fuck no, Twilight time bitch.

Not to mention WE ALREADY FUCKING DID THIS. Goddamnit, we did this with Sunset, now we're doing it with Twilight, and we're doing this shit in S6 with starlight glimmer. This is like a guy who tells a joke and then just keeps TELLING IT 9000 times and won't shut up about it.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

It looks like the Sleepover chapter book wasn't just a random story, they're more or less taking the plot of that book and making it this Movie's character plot (Twilight being all super scared and obsessed over "I was a demon once, what if I turn into one again gaiz?!")

Yeah, not looking forward to this one either. Like, I was actually decently interested in the original plot of gloriosa being a magical being from another dimension and that was the central plot, like how the dazzlings were for RR. But fuck no, Twilight time bitch.

Not to mention WE ALREADY FUCKING DID THIS. Goddamnit, we did this with Sunset, now we're doing it with Twilight, and we're doing this shit in S6 with starlight glimmer. This is like a guy who tells a joke and then just keeps TELLING IT 9000 times and won't shut up about it.

172dab.jpg

Hey, if Miyazaki said it, who am I to argue?

Looks like I'll need to post this again:

WqlisGK.jpg

So when is the "end of the fandom" crusade happening this time?

Seriously every one of these movies that comes out people lose their crap over and every time it's the same, people insist they're garbage, but the ratings always show that those people are the minority.

Looks like I'll need to post this again:

WqlisGK.jpg

So when is the "end of the fandom" crusade happening this time?

Seriously every one of these movies that comes out people lose their crap over and every time it's the same, people insist they're garbage, but the ratings always show that those people are the minority.

EQG 1 was terrible. Rainbow rocks was legitimately good. Then Friendship games just flushed itself down the toilet again.

I'm not opposed to the basic SERIES premise; Fuck, I'm a big fan of eared humanization stuff of the mane six. Its the quality that I object to. Fact is, Haber is a Huge drop down in quality as a writer from Mccarthy, and since he'll be writing LOE just like he wrote FG, I'm not expecting things to get better here. (I know, opinions, all that, blah blah, but the various poll information comparing episodes/movies written by Meghan and Haber show that his work is drastically less well recieved than her work).

So the combination of the newly altered synopsis plus Haber being at the helm pretty much got rid of any anticipation I had for this movie turning things around back to RR level.

EQG 1 was terrible.

You are in the minority because clearly the ratings show otherwise.

You are in the minority because clearly the ratings show otherwise.

all polls collected exlusively from Brony sites say otherwise; all brony censuses done on the subject have firmly shown EQG to be viewed as subpar; RR scores higher but barely hits a middling point.

it may score higher with the target audience (hence decent scores on sites like rotten tomatoes), but it does not score high when your looking at information garned from bronies.

all polls collected exlusively from Brony sites say otherwise;

And yet none of those people are submitting their reviews on any of these sites which all of which are open to public rating submissions. So clearly it's a lot of complaining but not complaining in places where it counts, or bronies clearly are just saying they hate them in these polls to be "part of the crowd".

Also clearly bronies are not the only audience.

all brony censuses done on the subject have firmly shown EQG to be viewed as subpar; RR scores higher but barely hits a middling point.

Where are "all" of these brony censuses on the subject. I'd like to see some.

it may score higher with the target audience (hence decent scores on sites like rotten tomatoes), but it does not score high when your looking at information garned from bronies.

Except the target audience is like... 5-12... They don't use sites like Rotten Tomatoes... How many young kids do you know that submit reviews on Metacritic? None that I can think of. So once again: are you so sure? :P 

snip

Firstly, 4chan does a yearly mid season census every year (as well as a post season census), in which the EQG movies are included; in each census that has been done, the EQG movies have always come out in the lower half if not lower. (one that's going on currently: http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/thread/27802446/mid-s6-ranking-survey )

Additionally, EQG daily has done episode/movie rating census's before, and EQG always ranked slightly below average in the ones that were done.

Firstly, 4chan does a yearly mid season census every year (as well as a post season census), in which the EQG movies are included; in each census that has been done, the EQG movies have always come out in the lower half if not lower. (one that's going on currently: http://boards.4chan.org/mlp/thread/27802446/mid-s6-ranking-survey )

Additionally, EQG daily has done episode/movie rating census's before, and EQG always ranked slightly below average in the ones that were done.

Yeah that isn't very convincing to me that these people make up the majority. Considering platforms like iTunes, Google Play and Amazon where they actually SELL the product have positive reviews it seems totally pointless to negative review them in other places that the companies MAKING these films are not taking into their market research when you could review them on the platforms where they are actually sold and actually send the message to stop making them.

Because the places where they are sold always get good ratings that tells me even more so these complainers are either in the minority or that they don't complain where it counts.

Justin Bieber is popular, but that doesn't mean I have to say he's good. I just have to accept the fact that he is successful.

"Good" is subjective. You may think he's not very good but that doesn't make him "bad" either.

(edited)

"Good" is subjective. You may think he's not very good but that doesn't make him "bad" either.

That's my point. I have to accept that he is successful. That's a stone cold fact. But, to me, no matter how successful the EQG movies are and no matter how much I hate them, I also know that they were not really made for the older demographic. In fact, watching them, I'm reminded more of the (now super common) live action shows on the Disney channel. The idea of forming a band was painfully cliche to me and seemed out of place, but people like it. Cool. I'm glad they can derive enjoyment out of it. That's awesome.

It's just not for me. : P

Edited by Jackie: sleepy mare
  • Brohoof 2