Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unlikeable Pony

That's my point. I have to accept that he is successful. That's a stone cold fact. But, to me, no matter how successful the EQG movies are and no matter how much I hate them, I also know that they were not really made for the older demographic. In fact, watching them, I'm reminded more of the (now super common) live action shows on the Disney channel. The idea of forming a band was painfully cliche to me and seemed out of place, but people like it. Cool. I'm glad they can derive enjoyment out of it. That's awesome.

Just not for me. : P

Exactly! So to even get bent out of shape over them is pointless.

Exactly! So to even get bent out of shape over them is pointless.

Yeah, pretty much, but I have to admit, hearing of 'Midnight Sparkle' made me cringe like I have never cringed before. So, instead of getting bent out of shape over it, I instead toss it against the wall every so often, for shits and giggles.

Ignoring the argument above (In which Key Sharkz is right, anyway), this entire premise doesn't fill me with spunk and happiness. Sci-Twi, really? Who finished Friendship Games and was like "oh nilly, I sure would love me some more of that Sci-Twi, she really made the movie". F'n nobody, nobody did. Sunset made that movie. She made RR too, she has "made" the entire EQG franchise.

She is Luna, but with actual character development. She was Starlight before it was cool. I dare say, without Sunset, this Equestria Girls Forum page would be a desert, even worse than G3 discussion. 

Why is Sci-Twi the main character, DHX? And in a forest? What's gonna happen there?

Sunset going to Equestria. Bam. Those four words will easily make Legends of Everfree the best movie. Bronies and lil 'uns alike will pick each other in the head to buy Legends of Everfree toys, the DVD, the Blu-Ray, the soundtrack, everything. But no.

A forest, with Sci-Twi.  :mellow:

At least the backgrounds look cool, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Hard to really determine much of an opinion from backgrounds and 2 characters alone.

Though posts in this thread do make me wonder, why do the people who hate EQG with a burning passion still bother with it? I mean, if they weren't satisfied with the other three, they probably won't be satisfied with this one. I mean if I'm recommending the show to someone, I don't typically say it's a requirement to watch the EQG movies. Not because I have a scathing hatred to them (I'm indifferent to the movies). But because they're non-cannon movies. You won't miss anything in the show by skipping them. So really, the only reason I see someone who hates the EQG series as a whole still watching these movies is if it's their job to review stuff like on YouTube, or if it's out of some weird obligation for the fandom or something.

• Brohoof 3

That's my point. I have to accept that he is successful. That's a stone cold fact. But, to me, no matter how successful the EQG movies are and no matter how much I hate them, I also know that they were not really made for the older demographic. In fact, watching them, I'm reminded more of the (now super common) live action shows on the Disney channel. The idea of forming a band was painfully cliche to me and seemed out of place, but people like it. Cool. I'm glad they can derive enjoyment out of it. That's awesome.

It's just not for me. : P

You know what? I just wanted to thank you for that comment. It's refreshing to see someone can understand that just because they didn't like something, doesn't mean everyone shouldn't like it. As a fan of all three Equestria Girls movies (I liked Rainbow Rocks best, even if the "let's form a band" is a bit dated) It's nice to see someone NOT saying "I hate it, so it shouldn't exist!"

Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I'm stoked!  :pinkie: The idea of them keeping Midnight as an ongoing factor is the same kind of awesomeness that blew me away in RR. By that I mean that it surprised me and really made me happy that they didn't just take the reformed villain and toss her aside - instead they made her a permanent and important character. Keeping Midnight as a theme that Twilight has to face is really interesting. And it fits so terribly nice with my headcannon...   :love:

medium.gif
View on Derpibooru (Original source unknown at time of posting)

(edited)

Well as someone who really enjoys the EQG series, I am quite looking forward to this movie.

To be honest I was even looking forward to it more than season 6.

The background we have seen so far look gorgeous and I can't wait to see what the animation for this film will be like as in each movie, the animators find ways to continue to improve upon the last.

Also based on the brief character bios, I have a feeling that Gloriosa is either secretly evil or some sort of magical creature or something.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

I really wish people would stop acting like because bronies don't like these movies that means they are objectively bad and that they shouldn't exist.

(edited)

I liked the first three, despite whatever flaws they may have had. So, I'm looking forward to this one. It'll probably be a good time, and even if not?...Oh well, 3 good movies and 1 bad one isn't too bad of a track record really.

Even if some of the info revealed doesn't sound all that great to you, or seems like a bad idea, that's fine. But already seeing the "I know it's gonna suck, definitely" attitude here. If you convince yourself you're going to hate it before it's even out, you're probably going to hate it, give it a chance at least. If you still don't like it after it's out, oh well.

Edited by Base
  • Brohoof 1

Quite honestly I was hoping they would make am EQG movie that or more less centered around the Mane Six. By that I mean while EQG 1 may have been a starting point, with RR being, obviously RD and FG being about Twilight we could have another three movies having at least sub plots devoted to Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

Quite honestly I was hoping they would make am EQG movie that or more less centered around the Mane Six. By that I mean while EQG 1 may have been a starting point, with RR being, obviously RD and FG being about Twilight we could have another three movies having at least sub plots devoted to Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

Okay, I'm not excited anymore. What happened to the rest of the mane 6?

Same.

Unfortunately, they seem to be continuing the trend of Using the other 5 as background support with the plots being about either Twilight or sunset solely.

I was actually kind of EXCITED for this movie from the synopsis we'd had earlier this year that focused on their attempts to save the camp and the legends of the everfree since it put focus on the group as a whole, but this last information we've gotten kind of killed my enthusiasm.

Especially since we already HAD this plot in the Chapter book they released a bit ago of Twilight and sunset focusing on the whole "Evil demon past fears" crap.

• Brohoof 1

all polls collected exlusively from Brony sites say otherwise; all brony censuses done on the subject have firmly shown EQG to be viewed as subpar; RR scores higher but barely hits a middling point.

it may score higher with the target audience (hence decent scores on sites like rotten tomatoes), but it does not score high when your looking at information garned from bronies.

Nah, I don't buy it. The problem with this reasoning is that you are to assume that Bronies only congregate in large numbers on "brony only" websites. I also am sceptical about your usage of the word "all" there at the start. Forgive me for my scepticism but I see people say they have the backing of many, many people who share their negative opinion all the time in order to give their argument false weight.(my opinion is the right one because it has the backing of millions of hypothetical fans, for example)

I do keep seeing some very loud minorities online who insist they are the "purest, and most Brony of Bronies" who dislike it for all the wrong reasons or "just because". "Because it's just to sell toys" is not a valid criticism when you watch FiM, which was always about selling toys right from the start. I do accept the possibility that there are some legit complaints.

Most of the people who give EqG Venom are the kind of people who s**t-post on /mlp/ on 4chan and spout the "no hooves" meme. The Brony fandom is, unfortunately, over-populated with such evil little horrors. You have my condolences for having to share a fandom with such people.

• Brohoof 1

I've just realized that we ran out of Mane6 singing voices :huh:. I wonser who'll voice Gloriosa? They either cast one of the previous ones, cast Andrea Libman or Ashleigh Ball, or a another actress :huh:

I've just realized that we ran out of Mane6 singing voices :huh:. I wonser who'll voice Gloriosa? They either cast one of the previous ones, cast Andrea Libman or Ashleigh Ball, or a another actress :huh:

Every VA seems to voice 5 other characters, so I don't think DHX would be too shy about making someone they already have voice Whats-Her-Name

Every VA seems to voice 5 other characters, so I don't think DHX would be too shy about making someone they already have voice Whats-Her-Name

Thing is, they seems to not cast previous actors to voice new antagonists in EG so far, and I'm not sure they wanna break the Mane6 singing voice voicing one of them. And in the later, we ran out of singing stand-in of the Mane6, as Fluttershy, Aj and Dashie singing voices are done by their own actresses, so they might opt to try to cast one of them as the bad girl :dash: