Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First merch you purchased?

Nutmeg

My first bit of merch was a Funko Twilight figure that my brother gave me for christmas in 2014. I loved it instantly, though since at the time I was still incredibly embarrassed about it, I kind of had a major freak out when I opened it in front of my family. :P The first pony I actually bought myself was a Big Mac Funko figure about a week after I got Twilight.

The first MLP merch I've ever owned is my BaB Rainbow Dash I got when I first became interested in the show in 2014, although she was actually a birthday present from my parents. The first merch I actually bought myself was a BaB AJ, which I bought the day she first came out. (I was even the first customer in the store that morning.)

A Fluttershy figure and a Rarity figure...Those figures with hair you can brush. And I question why...I wasn't a very bright 17 year old. The fan made merch for ponies is better than the official merch.

The first merch I got was three blindbags, I got crystal Pinkie, and two other crystal background ponies, but my sister gave me the blind bag pony she got that came with a comic at the book fair at school, I think before the blind bags... :)

Back in 2012, I bought a bunch of blindbag ponies. I still have them surrounding a 1:18 Corvette ZR1 I bought before that. It's all got some dust, I should probably clean it off some time.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I found an Applejack in the middle of the road while walking home from work. She wasn't damaged at all & her mane & tail were still intact. Gave her a good washin' & sat her on top of my fridge! She's my first pony! She was one of the $3 ones that sold near the registers at Target. The first MLP I bought was a $3 Rarity. Today my herd keeps growing in numbers!!

Mine was a set of 3 ponies that included Unicorn Twilight, Celestia(Pink version), and Spike on all fours. It's an older set, and I still have all 3 today. Of course my pony merch as grown quite a bit since then. :P

The first pony merchandise I obtained was a Rainbow Dash mini which I liberated from a binbag when my ex was clearing out some of my daughter's older toys, I was semi-interested in the cartoon at that point, and I though the tiny figure was kind of cool and deserved better than being binned.  The first thing I remember buying was a Rainbow Dash Funko vinyl figure from my local comic shop, followed (I think) by the Funko Daring Do.  Since then, my collection expanded massively.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure whether it was the Funko vinyl figurines, the trading cards, or even the comics that were my first purchase. Either way, ever since then, I wanted to get as much as I could, however, I'm satisfied with what I have so far, including my Build-A-Bear and OnlyFactory plushies as my plushies are my favorites.

In 2010, my first G4 merch happened to be this Applejack and Twilight Sparkle, even though Fluttershy was my favorite.

post-29056-0-48406700-1476573518.jpg

I remember this one coming with "The Ticket Master" episode. 

3596d5be1373d1b71abdc82a5beb8b61.jpg

Man, 2010 was a long time ago.  :P

My first MLP merch was Rosedust, I believe. I bought her near mint with wings on eBay for around $60. I re-sold her after I got tired of G1, so the photo below was just off the internet:

rosedust_g1_toy_by_applejack_1982-d987jc

Edited by ElementalFluttershai
  • Brohoof 1

First bit of MLP merchandise I bought was a seven badge collection of the Mane Six and Spike. The images they used were a mixture of stock photos and screenshots from season one, but I wanted them anyway because I have a soft spot for badges.

I rarely buy merch (unless something catches my eye) but I do remember the first thing from FiM I got! It was a Twilight Sparkle toy from Burger King! (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/SonYaone/burgertwilight_zpshdpcjqqu.jpg) My first and last time I ate at BK :P

As for MLP overall I guess it was Sweet Berry from the 1999 McDonalds Happy Meal box! (http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:G2-uk-mcd-sweetberry1.jpg) Tho I wanted the Silver Swirl one but they were out of stock! :(

Edited by Nara
  • Brohoof 1

G3 Star Catcher at a Swapmeet. Any other pony stuff I had was given as a gift.

In 2010, my first G4 merch happened to be this Applejack and Twilight Sparkle, even though Fluttershy was my favorite.

attachicon.gifAPPLEJACK.jpg

I remember this one coming with "The Ticket Master" episode.

sig-4700387.3596d5be1373d1b71abdc82a5beb

Man, 2010 was a long time ago. :P

My first MLP merch was Rosedust, I believe. I bought her near mint with wings on eBay for around $60. I re-sold her after I got tired of G1, so the photo below was just off the internet:

sig-4700387.rosedust_g1_toy_by_applejack

Are those repro wings? She's a beautiful lady and on my wishlist too.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

G3 Star Catcher at a Swapmeet. Any other pony stuff I had was given as a gift.

Are those repro wings? She's a beautiful lady and on my wishlist too.

I'm not sure about the wings in this one (its not my picture; my old photos are somewhere in my old hard drives), but I had both Rosedust and Hollywood with the original wings. I sold both of them to upgrade my G4 collection, tho.    :adorkable::blush:

This is my current collection; most of it, that is.  :yay:

post-29056-0-75884200-1476828868_thumb.jpg

Edited by ElementalFluttershee
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the wings in this one (its not my picture; my old photos are somewhere in my old hard drives), but I had both Rosedust and Hollywood with the original wings. I sold both of them to upgrade my G4 collection, tho.    :adorkable::blush:

This is my current collection; most of it, that is.  :yay:

attachicon.giflife_size_45_fluttershy_plushie.jpg

I like how you've got the square shelves. It creates an interesting look.

• Brohoof 1

If I recall, my first merch I got, were comics brought by relatives. If I recall, they were Celly's and the cuties' micro series, and Cadance and Shining Armor arc in the main series. I bought some other comics in time, but the first toys I've ever bought, were these cuties

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

f7841d0868e26f80afe72418f6656bee0f27aa6b

I remember, september last year when I went to Maneh.... I mean: MANhattan. I've snuck away from my family so I could buy those at the now defunct Toys R' Us in Time Square, because they are so cutie :wub: