Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First merch you purchased?

Nutmeg

First merch me purch? I don't remember but probably a shirt. I don't buy a lot. 6 plushies, the dvds, trading cards, posters are my favorite. No toys. I have random fan made stuff from BronyCon. I love cards and posters of pony parodies.

Well if you are including the G1, that would be my first. Although sadly I don't remember their names..

but going back collecting mlp for G4 It would Royal wedding fashion style pony pack; with shining armor and princesses  Cadance

Edited by satrox

I like how you've got the square shelves. It creates an interesting look.

Oh, thanks!  :twi:

Sometimes using box frames like that can be difficult, because you can't crowd in as much stuff onto the walls. Makes for less available wall space; and crowding in too much wouldn't look as good, aesthetically speaking. I have some extra stuff in my collection that I can't fit onto the walls because of this crowding issue, haha.

You can get those cube frames pretty cheap, at places like Ikea or Walmart. There's a particular mini floating wall shelf that I've been interested in getting. :squee:

Floating Wall Shelf

363a7304-1369-429b-ad01-88322b694f62_1.f

Set of 3 Cube Shelf

Edited by ElementalFluttershee
  • Brohoof 1

I bought one a couple of those mini guess bag things, the ones that cost like 3 pound and are usually by the tills in Asda? 

I got one pony I'd never heard of and a Rarity who was see through and looked nothing like Rarity. Was shocked by how bad they looked, almost like fake toys compared to the show.

And then I learnt just how bad the official merch is, in comparison to actually looking like the characters on the show.

Since I bought a Build A Bear Cadence and was gifted a colouring book when I left my job in the summer (it came on the plane with me and is sat on my dining room table, it's pretty cool!) and a couple of weeks ago I ordered an Apple Bloom plush which I am waiting very patiently for.  :catface:

I'd love a few more bits but don't really like online shopping. I missed one of Dubai's only conventions last week, so it's now looking like February before I might see anything in person.

Oh, thanks!  :twi:

Sometimes using box frames like that can be difficult, because you can't crowd in as much stuff onto the walls. Makes for less available wall space; and crowding in too much wouldn't look as good, aesthetically speaking. I have some extra stuff in my collection that I can't fit onto the walls because of this crowding issue, haha.

You can get those cube frames pretty cheap, at places like Ikea or Walmart. There's a particular mini floating wall shelf that I've been interested in getting. :squee:

Floating Wall Shelf

sig-4720579.363a7304-1369-429b-ad01-8832

Set of 3 Cube Shelf

Those are really nice! I've been getting my floating shelves at Home Depot.

There are none of those at my Walmart, so I may have to check out Ikea.

Haven't bought any, I probably would if I knew where to get fan made merch, because honestly the official one sucks. I've helped my parents buy a lot of MLP and EqG toys for my sister, and I'm surprised by how little they look like the original characters. Seriously, if this show had been around when I was a kid I would have been mad at Hasbro for those toys xD

If I got some merchandise I'd probably like a plushie or a t-shirt. 

Edited by Baykush

The first MLP toys I ever got weren't actually purchased by me, but I'll include them too because they're still ponies. It's not completely guaranteed that I remember correctly, but what I can recall is that I got a G3 So-Soft talking plush pony Rose Blossom and the G3 pony Coconut Cream presumably on the same Christmas Eve. 

The first G4 pony I bought myself was a brushable Rainbow Dash whose mane and tail I later cut shorter to make her resemble the show character more. 

Haven't bought any, I probably would if I knew where to get fan made merch, because honestly the official one sucks. I've helped my parents buy a lot of MLP and EqG toys for my sister, and I'm surprised by how little they look like the original characters. Seriously, if this show had been around when I was a kid I would have been mad at Hasbro for those toys xD

If I got some merchandise I'd probably like a plushie or a t-shirt. 

Redbubble have a mind-boggling range of MLP t-shirts and other items, that's where I get most of mine from.  Etsy is good for figurines, plushies and trinkets.  Both sites are marketplaces for fan-made items, and some of the stuff is amazing.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The first pony merch I purchased was a blind box figure with candy from Gen 3, it was an old school Scootaloo.  :scots:

In terms of the current generation, my first merchandise was the blind bag figures (which I kept buying to find Cadance but the first FiM character I found who I recognised was Big Mac).

• 4 years later...

I think mine was a Trixie t-shirt. Though the first merch I owned was bought for me by a friend, it was an Applejack toy. (One of the ones with brushable hair)

The first merch that sticks out in my mind is my BAB Twily; my friend randomly messaged me seeing if I wanted to buy her secondhand so he could scrape up the cash for a new guitar. I walked all the way to his place in the pouring rain to pick her up!:ButtercupLaugh:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Technically, my first piece of merchandise was an Equestria Girls Applejack toy from McDonalds in 2014. I thought I got rid of it because I wasn't a fan back then, but I ended up finding it recently. Life is weird like that.

Mine was a backpack, which was swiftly followed by a Twilight Sparkle sweatshirt.  I have since obtained several more of the different backpacks out there as that is one type of item I collect, and many get used in rotation.

s-l1600.jpg