Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you remember where you were watching your first episode?

Nutmeg

This is going to sound cheesy, but it was a moment I'll never forget. I was in my room and I heard the TV playing in the other room. I came in and saw my sister watching the TV and I asked what she was watching, to which she replied, "My Little Pony. My friend said she liked it." I laughed and said "My Little Pony?" in a really mocking tone, but when I looked at the TV, something... clicked. It was so weird. I sat down to watch the episode with her and I've never been the same since.

Wow. That was sappy. Sorry y'all but that's what happened!

(edited)

I had just seen a parody of the Powerpuff Girls on TV (November 2013) and recognized Tara Strong voicing Bubbles. I Googled her to see what she was doing recently. I saw "MY LITTLE PONY" at the top of her current project list. I wondered why she was bothering with that show and better yet- why that show WAS STILL EVEN BEING MADE?!?!  So I searched it on YouTube (big mistake) and watched the first 2 episodes. It didn't aggravate me or melt my brain, which surprised me. I also noticed it was Flash animated- and impressively so. (I've worked with it in the past in High School) All in all I thought it was pretty good and that someone really put some effort into it, but I still wasn't exactly sold, being 25 at the time. But as I mentioned before- I had searched it on Youtube... SO now my sidebar kept showing MLP stuff for the next 2 weeks and I was getting annoyed. WTH?! I had NO IDEA of the fandom AT ALL at that point. 

I  finally ended up clicking on one of the videos that were randomly showing up out of pure annoyance. The thumbnail was a picture of who I would find out later to be Vinyl Scratch . I clicked it only because she looked weird with the purple glasses. It was a fan animated video which made me really confused. Then I ended up seeing Children of the Night and that made me really wonder WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?!?! :angry:AND WHY!?!?!?!?

It took me a good month for my brain to completely digest what the deal was. ^_^

Edited by Cirrus.

I was laying on my old bed holding up my cell phone. I was watching it on YouTube after delaying it for months.

DUDE! That is creepy! That's the exact same story I have, to the dot! Even the "old bed" part, I have a new room now. xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

sometime in the 1990's .in the floor watching a VHS tape

it was the quest of the princess ponies where they fought lavan to get there magic wands back, that was my first episode

My Little Pony Song "Here's to Power":

Edited by simba86

It was late at night and I decided to watch it on my phone with all the lights turned off. I can still remember only getting like 3 hours of sleep that night, and not being able to stop thinking about mlp at school the next day. Good times.

(edited)

I have two stories about it, actually.

The very first episode I watched was when I was visiting family (I think just a few months after the whole brony hype began) when I was trying to find something to watch, when one of my relatives who was younger than me saw that MLP:FiM was on and was like "hey watch that!" so I said "eh okay." The episode was Swarm of the Century, but at the time it wasn't enough to get me hooked.

Then during September the same year (2011), I had gotten home from school and went straight to my computer and onto ROBLOX, checked my messages and saw that @@Sweetie-Belle had sent me a message saying "ey you should watch this show" and I basically said "eh okay" and watched the first 2 episodes, which was when I got hooked and became a fan of the series.

Edited by SuperALPHYSBrony
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Heard about the show in mid-2011 from a friend, just as the first season was finishing airing. Saw the first few episodes via Dailymotion links at Bronyland.com as they hadn't started broadcasting the show in the UK yet. Liked what I saw to a degree, got through the 22 out of the 26 episodes and decided that even though I enjoyed the show, was very nervous about doing so and reluctantly stopped watching. I kept myself at a distance with the show, not really keeping up with anything about it outside of some DeviantArt artists who did some wonderful art to keep me up to speed.

After a few years in my self-imposed MLP-exile, I decided that I did indeed like watching this show about magical talking ponies and as a result, shouldn't be running away from it. Therefore, I had a LOT to catch up with. So in March 2014, I ended up downloading all the episodes available (because again, it hadn't found a stable home on UK TV and the DVD sets weren't even out) and binge watched Seasons 1 - 3 during the second semester of my second year at University, all in my rented accommodation, with Season 4 following in the summer once it finished. Since then, I've been quite the loyal fan, while still keeping myself at a distance within the community due to my anxiety.

Edited by Vocal Analyst

Ohh that was over 4 years ago... I was just recovering from a tooth surgery  :-P With nothing to do I saw some dank pony memes on the internet and similar videos, so I decided to give the show a try. And after 3 days I was up to date with everything as the 2nd season had recently started then. One stupid situation made me watch ponies and I guess it was the most important day of my life  :orly:

Upstairs in my room, watching on Youtube because of the TV Tropes listing under Crowning Moment of Awesome. I found it hard to believe that MLP would have such a long list, so I had to see for myself. This was just after Season One had ended.

​It was an evening in May 2011. I was in my living-room.

I had already come in contact with the ponies at another animation fan forum which had been overrun by the ponies for several months already. I had had my fun with that, but on that particular day, I thought, well, if everyone says this show is that good, why not try it?

So I went to YouTube (SD TV rips on YouTube were all we had in those days) and ended up watching the first five episodes in one go. Of the following six days, I spent four watching pony, so one week later, I was through with season 1.

However, it wasn't until the next month that I actually called myself a brony.

Well I had to call out from work due to getting snowed in (we got like 3 feet in one night....) and no one was going to blow our road till in the late afternoon.   So i went on a mlp 80's cartoon kick to kill sometime and after,  found a link to MLP:FIM and was kinda "Huh they made new ones,   well why not?"  So I watched up to like the newest ep for season one and fell into the brony fandom!

I was home for either spring or summer break during/after my freshman year of college when I saw my first episode. I was sitting on the living room couch! :)

After getting my first MLP toy, a Rarity brushable, I watched almost all of the first episode. At that time there was a free iTunes download of the first episode (only part one), and I downloaded it on my dad's computer since I didn't have my own computer at that point. It was in 2011, I think around spring of that year. I watched up to when NIghtmare Moon appeared and liked it a lot. Later I just went back and watched the whole episode from the start, all of it that time. I loved it and started collecting the toys more, and I saw some eps on YouTube. In October of that year my family got the Hub channel and I started watching the episodes that recorded on the DVR. I found my way into the brony fandom, and then one day while looking at MLP stuff online I came to the amazing and wonderful realization that I was a brony. :D My life changed for the better in a lot of ways and ponies helped me deal with a lot in my life. It's a wonderful ride that I hope never ends. ^^

I remember checking out the first episode, I think it was on Dailymotion, at a very late hour out of sheer boredom and because I had been encountering quite a lot of these 'Ponies' all over the internet. I guess curiosity finally got the better of me. I didn't expect anything of it, in fact I distinctly remember for the first few minutes I spent criticizing how cliche and uninspired it all felt.

Welp, just under an hour later and I was still sitting there, feeling quite chuffed over Nightmare Moon's defeat, and the rest as they say, is history. :lol:

I remember that it was the year 2012 and I was at home, in my own room and still had my first laptop working well. As I didn't know English properly yet during that time, my only choices were to watch episodes with Finnish dub or English episodes with Finnish subtitles. Both of those worked for me, even though for some reason I liked the dub better. Maybe I was too lazy to read? Probably. The first episode I watched was The Ticket Master.

I also remember that I didn't become a fan of the series right away, but over time it just kind of happened. You know, the usual way, after a few episodes.  :D