Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Need Help With Character Design

DJStrike

(edited)

I've been working on a design for a character to use when I make MLP content for YouTube. I tried to make a Pixiu, which is a Chinese mythological creature that is a mix between a horse, the Chinese dragon, and the Chinese lion, in an MLP style that could be appealing to look at but I'm not that good of an artist and I need help.

I'm having the most issues with the mane, fore paws, color scheme, and that I'm not that good at creating things in MLP style.

If anyone could please help me with the design or has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. :please:

post-35499-0-64163300-1468002783_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJStrike

How's this? Took me quite a long time to decide on how to translate it to MLP style, but it was worth it! This is a very interesting species, I commend any other artists who will take the time to draw it!

post-38624-0-23504000-1468281308_thumb.jpg

How's this? Took me quite a long time to decide on how to translate it to MLP style, but it was worth it! This is a very interesting species, I commend any other artists who will take the time to draw it!

attachicon.gifIMG_1099.JPG

I could draw him for you digitally :3

attachicon.gifIMG_1099.JPG

That's so awesome, :love:  Thank you  Thank you Thank you!!! The only other thing I have to say other than how awesome this is is, and this is entirely my fault  :blush: because I couldn't draw it well, that the front legs have lion paws. But this is Soooooooooooooo awesome. :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:

I could draw him for you digitally :3

Yes please, that be so awesome. :D

I'm so glad you like it! I adjusted it to have lion front legs and paws, so here you go:

attachicon.gifIMG_1103.JPG

Alright i gave it a few tweaks I think I got it now I just need to figure out a color palette for him... and then how to vector.

post-35499-0-08794700-1468542889_thumb.jpg