Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Not So Famous Somepony...

Sir Xarthas VI

@

Missklang stood up and stretched her legs. Colorful sparks flew out of her joints as they cracked, ascending on the ground around her and coloring some grass blades into respective colors. After regaining her lucidity and waking her senses that were dimmed by the nap, she caught a nearby source of powerful magic. That was quite handy as she was bored, and powerful magic that wasn't Twilight here in Poniville meant that fun things are going to happen. She couldn't miss such an occasion, so she cast a quickly-made teleportation spell to the relative coordinates of the magic source. In a puff, she disappeared, leaving behind her a pink smoke and a small distortion of space-time-matter that looked like there was an invisible sphere that distorted the vision when looked through. The deformity and the smoke quickly disappeared, while Missklang appeared in another location from a similar deformity, which formed first, letting a small pink cloud appear around it with occasional sparks caused by the difference in charge between the cloud and the air. Missklang appeared in the air, without any support under her hooves. A single thought sparked in her mind about choosing the teleportation coordinates more carefully next time, before she fell down, right on the pony who was the source of the magic who happened to stand right underneath her.

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang,

Shining Midnight noticed the pink smoke and the spacial distortion, but only nanoseconds before the teleportation spell was complete and a pony landed right on top of him. His cloak was ripped off, only to have the hood intact and still on his body. His dark blue coat was now showing, with swirling tribal patterns all across his torso and legs. His horn started to glow a dim blue, along with his tattoo's "Teleport" He said as he disappeared from under the unicorn, and appears a few feet away. Taking out a brush from one of his saddlebags, he brushes off his legs, and then puts it back. He turns to face this new pony  "You must be somewhat competent if you can cast a teleportation spell. Granted, it's not that powerful, and it couldn't get you too far, and you still create distortions at you current location and destination. As well as the smoke. The smoke is new, I've never seen that... Anyway, I don't have time for you." He says as he starts walking.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@

Aw, you are the source of the magic! I sensed it from Poniville. I'm Missklang. I suppose you won't tell me your name. You like to keep the intrigue of a lone wanderer, aye? Well, I deliberately don't correct my spells to remove the distortions and space alterations. I like it more this way. More nice and take less magic to cast, even if it's not a problem. The smoke is natural. Chaos magic applied to a "normal" spell always have side effects. If I teleport on the beach, the sand in contact of the distortion radius would turn into glass... And don't criticize my spells when you must say out loud yours. Although, I do recall there was a branch of spoken magic. It didn't use the caster's mana and drained it from the surroundings. Could it be that? But what do I care, it's a spell at the end of the day.

Missklang jumped up and trotted after the blue pony.

But no, I don't need your attention, neither your time. You have a particular aura imprint. When you are in a company of same ponies all the time, their aura leave a trace on your own. You must have frequented alicorns a lot because I can see their traces. Interesting. I wonder why such an important pony would come here. But after all, it's Celestia's style to send her close protégés right in the heart of the action to solve problems, heh. 

Missklang looked around, tripped and focused again on the pony.

But that's the point. If Celestia sent somepony powerful here on its own, that mean there is a problem! And I love problems! I am bored and that's just what I need to entertain me. But you don't need to acknowledge me, I will follow you anyway. You can't teleport from me. I picked you without even focusing. Now I read your aura and magical imprint, it's easier to track you down in the future. I just hope there is really a problem. Otherwise, I wake up for nothing.

Missklang giggled. And started looking around again trying to figure out where they were.

Edited by Missklang
  • Brohoof 1

@,@@Missklang,  

Even though he was being ignored by such inferior creature. Especially that newcomer, such sporadic magic signature, it'd be an easy task to shatter it if one knew of a spell and was strong enough to do so. That is why his goal is to always perfectize his own into a spherical shape. Although, it ain't that easy considering only about a tenth of his magic signature is actually trainable by using magic, that is why he did some alchemy and other doubtful work inbetween. In total alchemy added up to about a half of his magical signature's growth, though it is awfully slow compared to others... Such is his luck. It is also good that he can zone his own out to be able to see one extra which totalled in him being able to see five. But that was not important to remember at this moment.

He looked over at the herbs he had levitated with him and a huge aura outburst from his horn 'Might as well leave him with stuff he wanted' he thought loudly to himself inside of his head while the intensity of the aura decreased to such a level that it was barely able to be seen. Afterwards a bubble was created to contain his herbs, this bubble however also containted him. He then used a teleportation spell, he used it this way just to be sure he didn't have to levitate whilst teleporting. That'd be a hassle, but before he left he had instructed a magical inscription on the ground that when touched would start speaking words, these words were "While there are a lot of strong magical signatures in this forest. I've only ever seen two that resemble anything like you said. One was today, it was indeed a bit east. But it wasn't stable. I doubt you're looking for something unstable but this one's growth was extraordinary. If you want to check it out sometime, be my guest. It should belong to a dragon that has lived very long. Oh and the other signature I've seen at some points, they're always in the eastern parts... There seem to be some hindrance to my ability to accurately measure the power but the thickness of said magic signature's trails are quite something, while they're quite dense. Brimming with magic, it sometimes follow an unique rhythm of usage. As if said magic has aged over eons inside the body without any use. A normal living creature would die of magic corrosion. That is why magically enchanted objects often cease to function if left unpowered for very long. It also doesn't fluctuate much when it is being used. It doesn't have any unique shape, though it isn't spherical. Most likely due to talents left unpolished or not knowing exactly how to raise one's magical signature's size. It also has a certain unique feature only certain creatures such as Ancient dragons, Alicorns, Discord, Evolved creatures such as myself in our true form and the elements of harmony. It has uniform thickness throughout the magical trails. I hope it helped your search. But for myself, I have to finish getting my herbs so I can return to Canterlot. (Oh and I thought I had seen a magical signature your size before. But please, send my greetings to the princesses. Oh and just asking out of the void, I would guess the thing you're looking for is a living being? You being so skilled in magic should know the difference of a trail and a signature, although. Not to the degree of which I do ofcourse.)" To any one else but the pony he had addressed the last part to it was undecipherable. As if the very wave lengths of the magic it emitted only allowed access to someone of his unique condition.

The place he had teleported to was not that far away but it was indeed far away enough. It was pretty easy to utilize those low power spells at the same time. Low range teleportation, bubble shield and runic inscription magic to the air. The latter being something he had gained knowledge of when he ascended. It was troublesome without his numerous revisions to it. But onwards towards his herb he goes.

(Everything up there in a bracket is only for Shining. Also, A rune inscription magic. Basically writing runes, through magic. His very own variant writes it in magical shockwaves which resonates through one's signature (Some are unable to "hear" it) which can be adjusted if one can see the other person's so that they can privately chat... It is however not as powerful as the original variant.)

@,@@Missklang, @@rolle

As the pony continued to watch the shenanigans unfold, he could tell where this feeling was coming from.  It was that strangely cloaked unicorn, or at least appeared to be a unicorn due to his teleportation abilities.  That other sporadic character on the other hand was not-with-standing.  He wasn't sure if he should approach just yet.  Conflict grew in his mind as he remembered what brought him here in the first place.  It was just... ponies!  Speaking with someone new was always difficult for him.

He wanted to find out more though.  Guh!  This is just like with Discord and Fluttershy!  I'm being such a baby.  I should just go and say hi, at least!  His paw pushed the bush out of the way, and he approached the two slowly.  The sun barely crest over the trees; shadows passed his mostly pegasus body as his paws touched the cold rock that stopped the grass dead at the edge of the woods.  I have to start being brave somewhere, why not now?  He could feel himself hesitating a bit, wondering how they would notice him and what they would think.

"Um, hello?"  He spoke in the most bravest voice he could: which really wasn't that much different from his normal voice albeit slightly quieter.

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang, @@rolle, @@CharChar,

Shining stopped as the pony referred to as 'Missklang' started to follow him. As he turned to look at this annoying creature, he noticed the rune scripts that were floating in the air. Reading through the runes, he started to get more and more irritated "Dark Blood must be hiding his aura. Neither of those sound like him. That first one is probably that dragon from earlier. That second one is probably Discord, with his chaos magic. Great... Trying to find Dark Blood when he's hiding, is like trying to find a grain of black sand in empty space. Hmmm... The last place I could sense him was about the center of this forest... Perhaps that's where I should go..." He said quietly to himself. He used his magic to erase the runes, in case anyone else tries to follow him. He then turns to this 'Missklang' pony. "Just to let you know, if I were to activate one of my pendants, you couldn't sense my magic even if I were right in front of you." He says pulling out a Jade-colored pendant from his saddlebags. He latches it around his neck, and his magic signature disappears. "Normally I wouldn't mind if other creatures were to tag along. But since I don't know where spies are, I have to be discreet. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Just DON'T FOLLOW ME." He says to the unicorn. Right as he's about to teleport again, he hears a somewhat quiet 'hello?' from his right. "And you! Stop watching me!" He says as he starts galloping away. After a little distance is gained... "Teleport." He mutters, and disappears from the area. Re-appearing about 200 meters away. "Finally, some peace." Sighing from relief. After figuring out his current location, he starts walking toward the center of the forest.

• Brohoof 1

@@CharChar

As soon as the pony disappeared, Missklang made an unhappy face of a filly which was told that there was no more candy. But her attention switched almost instantly as soon as she heard another voice. She turned to the source of the voice and looked at the hippogryph. Her red dragon-like eyes glowed with interest.

Oh cool! You have paws! It's just like Discord's! Are you a chaos pony too? No, it can't be. I don't see chaos magic in you... I never saw anything like this! Hello! My name is Missklang Dengeser, but call me Missklang. This day is getting more and more interesting each minute!

She swarmed the pony and started walking in circles around him, looking from each side.

• Brohoof 2

@@Missklang

Exist didn't quite know how to respond to the overly friendly and observant unicorn.  The unicorn's dragon like eyes looking him over like a hungry dog.  It intimidated the young pony hybrid, and made him barely able to respond.

"I-I'm Existential Panache, b-but you can call me Exist..."  He stuttered out.  His mind suddenly wanted to ask something, "W-Wait...  Ponies can learn chaos based magic?"  He quickly asked without any prompt.  A plan formed in his mind; with a glimmer of hope for his future.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@CharChar

Well, it's an interesting question there.

Missklang stopped staring at Exist.

See, it's quite difficult. Each magical entity has its own magic type. For example, unicorns have their unicorn magic, alicorns have theirs... But they have unicorns' too... I won't boggle your mind with that. I, am not a typical unicorn you see. I'm a chaos entity. Like Discord, to give an example. I don't have unicorn magic in me, I have chaos magic. And, the thing is, the spells are fundamentally different for each magic type. Like, nothing in common almost. It's like the difference between common and quantum physics. So, I can use chaos magic freely. But I still can use some of the spells designed for unicorn magic. It took time to train to use them, or rather, adapt my magic to them. So, in some case, I would say yes, you can learn chaos magic, although, use it is a different story. It could take a lot of time. I guess. I never did encounter anypony who mastered the use of chaos magic without being a chaos entity. It's dangerous when not fully mastered due to its volatile and unpredictable nature...

Missklang stopped.

But what am I doing! I don't want to bore you with lectures. Silly me. If you need something chaosy done with the magic, better ask someone able to wield like me for example, or Discord. I don't really know others. Ask Discord at your own risk, though. It's faster than try to learn it and use it. 

Edited by Missklang
  • Brohoof 1

@@Missklang

Exist blushed, pawing at the ground unsure of himself.  The only reason he would ever want to learn that type of magic is to find a place in that draconequus' heart.  Albeit, now it seems almost impossible since he doesn't seem to be of any kind of magical background.  Well...  it seemed that way, anyway.  He wasn't born this way.  His body just sort of... changed.

His thoughts spurred a bit, "I just...  if there's any way I could learn it, then I'd take it.  It's really important, to me."  He looked at the unicorn with a determined expression, but still wavering.

His desires burned in him, and drove him to do whatever it takes.  If only he felt this way in his presence.  There's gotta be a way.  A book... an amulet...  anything!  This could be my only chance.

• Brohoof 1

@@CharChar

I do admire the perseverance you have to learn it. I am really afraid there is little to no material on the subject. Not that I'm aware of.  As there is so little entities who can wield it, it wasn't a subject of interest for researchers. After all, it's not exactly in a spell form. It's different. And it's dangerously made it even less appealing. And taking in account it's the polar opposite to harmony magic of the elements, I don't think Celestia would approve it. After all, she did order to destroy every copy of the Necroponycon after a decade following Nightmare moon's imprisonment. I didn't have to learn it because it comes naturally to its wielder. Like, I how you can breathe or walk. I'm sorry if I can't help you decently. I'm not really a teacher. If I recall correctly, The last pony who did made some studies on the chaos magic was Starswirl himself. Lot's of it was destroyed or lost, but perhaps something remains somewhere. You should ask the bookworm princess. She shurely have acces to the hidden knowledge that Sunbutt keep in her personal archives. And she is the one obsessed with the old wizard, she is the one who could provide the most info on him. I've heard she is the president of his official fan club! Can you imagine? 

Missklang puffed.

I just hope you find a way to learn it without getting crazy in the process. Cause as far as I know, chaos wielders are all weird to some degree.

She came closer and booped the pony. Then she started laughing as if it was the funniest thing in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang

Exist took a deep breath and exhaled.  A new path has opened for him, and hopefully...  it'll lead to his desired outcome.  Internally, he was worried, especially for his own sanity, but...  no, no buts.  No more doubting, He had to do this.

"Thank you..."  He smiled warmly at the giggling pony, "O-Oh, um...  Can you see magic or something?  What did you mean you didn't see any aura about me?"  He questioned the unicorn vehemently.

• Brohoof 1

@@CharChar

Oh, no no no. You understood me wrong. I didn't see chaos magic in you. It's normal. You are a normal. Pega... ummm. Pony. You perhaps remarked my unusual eyes.They are quite nice. They do spook some poneys sometimes, especially at night when they glow. Well, they have nothing to do with that. It's a part of my magical abilities, to see auras and detect magic in some situations. Auras give a lot of information on a pony. In fact, it's all possible information. From personality to thoughts, to abilities. I, due to lack of knowledge can only interpret certain things. Like the kind of magic, some species and major emotions and tell liars sometimes. Also, the aura is unique and almost impossible to disguise and shield. If I focus on remembering an aura of somepony, no matter the disguises I will be able to tell who they are. It's challenging proof too! Isn't it handy? Don't worry, you have an aura. Every living creature has it. Even some non-living. I just thought you were a chaos entity like Discord or me because of your nice paws. 

Missklang smiled.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Missklang

"Aah... Okay.  Well, that's a relief I suppose.  Hm."  He tapped his chin with a paw.  "I guess you should know then, that I wasn't born with these paws.  They just sort of... well, my body sort of changed one day.  I dunno why."  Exist thought to himself on that fateful day.

He eyed to the left of that unicorn though.  The other pony was nowhere in sight.  Where did that other pony go though?  ...

Exist eyed the strange markings left behind though.  As though something burnt the ground in a flash.

Edited by CharChar
  • Brohoof 1

@@CharChar

Well.

Missklang replied.

As he is a powerful rogue mage sent by the royal sisters and who spent a lot of time near them, it must be to deal with a problem. As Princess Twilight is in Poniville, it must be somewhere else. And if I know something about source of problems, I'd say that there is a high chance he went into the Everfree forest. All problems tend to happen or there, or in Poniville, so I am just making logical assumptions.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang

"...!"  Exist took a sharp breath, and backed up a little slowly.  "D-Did you just read my mind?"  He began to worry and sweat.  His eyes widened from the shock.

How...  How?!  Is this from his chaos based magic too?  He thought to himself as he waited for a logical explanation.

• Brohoof 1

@@CharChar

Oh no, don't worry. I can't read minds. You were just so bluntly staring at the place where that pony was and at the strange signs on the floor that he read that it was almost as if your eyes shouted the question and your aura had hints that indicated surprise and confusion, which indicates a question or deep thoughts about something. I was wondering it myself where he went so that's the first thing that came to my mind as well. 

Missklang smiled.

Aura can be extended to mind reading but that's far beyond my powers. I would need at least a couple of centuries to even come close to such thing as slight thought interpretation. I had time to master deduction and logic, though, so I'm sorry if it seemed strange. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang

Exist closed his eyes and thought to himself.  He seemed embarrassed that he was so easily read.  He brought his body down on the warm, smooth rock and whined quietly.

"Guh...  What am I even doing here..."  He put his paws over his muzzle and sighed.  "There's a lot ahead of me, and... I don't know what to do about it."

• Brohoof 1

@@CharChar

Well, I'm here if you need help. I don't have anything else to do either. But first, where exactly are we? I teleported here at random so I have no idea. In a cave of some sort?

Missklang glanced around and then back at Exist. 

Aren't you interested in why the mage unicorn is here? What kind of threat or problem is he came to solve? I'm thrilled about it! I'm going to find out! I know the Everfree. That's where my temporary house is. I could try to find him. It will be difficult but I will rely on my ability to find trouble.

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang

Exist looked up at the unicorn with a shaky expression, "I guess I'll follow you then.  It's not like I was going to do anything important today."  He slowly rose to his hooves and paws.  I don't think Discord and Fluttershy will miss me.  Exist thought, smiling weakly at the unicorn.

"Lead the way."  He said, looking at the large cavern just a few feet away from them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

(Bugger me that was some reading lads)

@@Venomous

She scrated her chin. "Hmm...? Guess I might remember in time but anyway nice to um meet you there. But why have you bigger teeth than me?" She gave a once over of the pony, she was oddly behaved actually...

Somthing like a dog?...

"I have to go find Rainbow anyway, or Spitfire will have me for laps all day instead..." She looked back to the Dragon.

@@Love Doctor Blaze

"You any idea what that unicorn was up to? Either of you actually?"

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

Argante stepped off the train in Ponyville and stretched her body out. Her wings were so sore. She had been flying for many days, going to distant lands and such. Discovering new things, she looked to the train behind her. Even the train was still strange to her. She laughed softly to herself and walked through the town. She nodded to ponies who waved to her, and checking on several she knew.

"My lady, where are you headed to today? I don't suppose its just a normal visit is it?" A dark grey stallion had approached her with a smile, but it slowly went to worry when he saw her shake her head. "I see, did you...did you find the old prince?" he asked hesitantly.

She sighed and shook her head once more and looked down. The stallion gave his old princess a reassuring head bump and a smile. "I will return to check on everyone's well being once I am done at the old castle, I will be here for another week or so, then I will be headed to Canterlot to meet with the princess at a later time." she laughed a bit and looked toward the sky. "It is strange, how much this land has changed and yet it feels like no time has passed at all..." she trailed off her amethyst eyes clouded with thought. "Well I am off, see you later." she waved to him as she walked to the Everfree, unaware of the shenanigans going on. 

• Brohoof 1

@@CharChar, @@LonnaKitty

Perfect! Then let's go! I know a shortcut.

Her eyes glowed with red flames as a distortion appeared behind her. She effortlessly grabbed Exist and tossed him in the portal, jumping after him by herself. After a second of the teleportation during which it felt as if they were falling at extremely high speed through a kaleidoscope of colors, they appeared on the edge of the everfree forest with Exist landing safely in the bushes and Missklang falling down on the ground right under the feet of a black alicorn. She was still laying on the ground and turned on her back, looking up at the alicorn, smiling and stretching her front hoof up in order to boop the nose pf the black alicorn.

Heheh. Boop.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Missklang,

@@LonnaKitty

As Exist was thrust through the portal and fell through the other side, he let out a yell of confusion and paranoia as a stream of colors passed him by before landing him into a bush somewhere.  Slowly, he came to his senses and pulled himself out of the brush.  His paw pushed back the brush, and it revealed a very familiar area of the Everfree forest...

"W-why did you take us here?"  Exist looked around to spot his new acquaintance, suddenly spotting a rather dark looking pony with the unicorn just next to them.  "...?"  Quickly he noticed the black pony was an alicorn.  Cautiously, he made his way over to the duo.

Edited by CharChar
  • Brohoof 1

@@Missklang@@CharChar,

Argante stumbled back a bit from both the sudden booping and the transporting ponies that appeared in front of her.

Well, this was not how I thought my day would be...she thought to herself. She laughed at the situation though and offered her hoof to the...pony? She had never seen a pony with those sort of eyes before. It made her curious but she did have other things she had to attend to. She then saw the pegasus that had also took a tumble approach as well. 

"Are you okay, that looked like quite the tumble there."

• Brohoof 1