Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you want this movie to explain pre-existing lore or be totally new stuff?

Unlikeable Pony

whats Malkuth suppose to mean?

It is one of the ten Sephirot in the Tree of Life, an emanation of divine light that shines upon all creation. Malkuth encompasses our mortal realm, or in other words, our perception of divine light on the lowest possible level. Ishim are the guardian angels tied to this lowest plane of existence.

It is one of the ten Sephirot in the Tree of Life, an emanation of divine light that shines upon all creation. Malkuth encompasses our mortal realm, or in other words, our perception of divine light on the lowest possible level. Ishim are the guardian angels tied to this lowest plane of existence.

uh i know about the tree of life,you make alicorns seem like gods.

uh i know about the tree of life,you make alicorns seem like gods.

Hardly. Alicorns and guardian angels are no match for astral beings of higher caliber. Those “gods” would be utterly unfazed by pony magic as they exist beyond the limits of flesh and friendship.

Of course, it’s all theoretical. There must be no gods nor creation detached from the chosen people upon this stage. I just compared alicorns to the rank of divine servants that resonates most with their task and power.

Will the TRUE creator of equestria be revealed in this movie?

Please comment YOUR opinion! ????

Umm..The creator of Equestria are the ponies from Hearth Warming Eve,and Equestria is a continent not a world :) much like how theres Asia and Europe

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer that the movie give a bunch of new lore that has subtle links to the lore already established in the show, so that we have to work to deduce any relevance to the pre-established lore, but to anyone watching the movie casually, the lore feels completely fresh and interesting in context.

That seems to be what they do in the show, at least from what I've seen.

I think it's been touched on already but it'll depend on what they are hoping to accomplish with the film.  If they are looking to attract a wider audience than just existing fans of the cartoon then they need to make the film stand alone rather than dropping newcomers into the middle of something that they don't have the context to understand.  Trying to cover too much existing material will be the surest way to stop people from going to see the film.

If they try to develop background for Alicorns, Discord, the Sirens or whoever else, they would have to do so in its entirety, which would mean going back over ground that has already been covered in the cartoon.  Personally, I'd prefer for the cartoon to do its own work, and let the film show us something that we haven't seen before.

I want this movie to be toyetic as fuck, make 17 different flavors of toothpaste, and give us all a reason to buy Hasbro's stuff.

Not really. I'd love some Celestia and Luna lore. It'd also be nice to know how much alicorn blood Twilight's family has.

I want this movie to be toyetic as fuck, make 17 different flavors of toothpaste, and give us all a reason to buy Hasbro's stuff.

Not really. I'd love some Celestia and Luna lore. It'd also be nice to know how much alicorn blood Twilight's family has.

wait how does Twilight have alicorn blood , shes the first alicorn in the family????

wait how does Twilight have alicorn blood , shes the first alicorn in the family????

You have to have alicorn blood to become one. And how else would Flurry Heart be an alicorn. Cadance is a manifested alicorn, not one by birth. It's not like regular genetics.

You have to have alicorn blood to become one. And how else would Flurry Heart be an alicorn. Cadance is a manifested alicorn, not one by birth. It's not like regular genetics.

I'm fairly certain that not only is that not the case but there is also nothing that has been stated, suggested or even insinuated to support that being the case.

Genetics don't cut it as a conclusive argument when magic is a factor in the equation.

I'm fairly certain that not only is that not the case but there is also nothing that has been stated, suggested or even insinuated to support that being the case.

Genetics don't cut it as a conclusive argument when magic is a factor in the equation.

Eh. This just proves that they should clear up the subject in some way.

Well Twilight was turned into one by her destiny

• 2 weeks later...

Word has it that most of the movie will be spent exploring the world beyond Equestria's borders. If that's the case, I'd much rather have the movie go more in depth with the new elements, while showing just enough to bring audiences up to speed with the TV elements (the Mane Six are friends/protectors of Equestria, Spike is Twilight's assistant, Princess Celestia is the ruler) and letting the rest of their characterizations handle themselves in this new story.

• 3 weeks later...

would LOVE a prequel that takes place in the 90's that would be more mature, not humor but in tone, it would be PG-13 not R! it would explain things that the show couldn't due to it's age group and the main character would be serious while everyone else is cheerful with a suprising twist at the end, also much more advanced animation thats not cg but 2D, CG fine but id prefer 2D  >_>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...