Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could choice 3 episodes to erase from FiM which 3 would you choice?

Rosetta Spring

I just kind of thought this would be an interesting topic despite likening this series we all probably have a few episodes we don't care for and might even prefer if they never existed, so as the title says and why? Remember this is opinionated so no hate.

For me 1- Rainbow Falls it's just so bad IMO OOC characters ignoring previous episodes bad pacing and just ugh I hate this episode...

2- Crystal Empire, this was the turning point for me in the series. It's where I noticed Twilight was starting to become the main focus for the show and the mane 5 where just kind of there doing....stuff for comedic relief. Sombra could have been an awesome villain too but he was just waisted. This set the tone for all future 2 parts being about Twilight and not about the mane 6 (Luckily they kind of setpped back from that with season 5 premiere and the season 6 premiere).

3- Mare Do Wel RD and Twilight are my 2 favorite characters so it pains me to see RD get some back episodes. This one just made her look like a jerk and the mane 6 just trying to be a jerk back instead of just talking to her about it you know like a normal person (pony?) would.

(edited)

Newbie Dash - THE longest running arc in the show capped off in both the most anticlimactic and worst way possible. "Hey, this is the episode where Rainbow fulfills her life long dream! Let's celebrate it by completely humiliating her and turning her goal into a complete joke!". To this day, it's the only episode I've ever wanted an apology for

Mysterious Mare Do Well - Terribly executed lesson rife with hypocrisy, and everyone comes out worse

Applejack's "Day" Off - Biggest waste of 22 minutes in the show, where fucking nothing happens and just makes AJ look like an idiot for most of her life. Only good thing to come out of it was RD liking spas

Honorable mentions - Simple Ways. Rarity acts like a complete idiot/terrible redneck stereotype with a bad accent coupled with a shitty side character. Only reason I changed my mind was because Spike and AJ were great in it, but it comes at Rarity's expense

2- Crystal Empire, this was the turning point for me in the series. It's where I noticed Twilight was starting to become the main focus for the show and the mane 5 where just kind of there doing....stuff for comedic relief. Sombra could have been an awesome villain too but he was just waisted. This set the tone for all future 2 parts being about Twilight and not about the mane 6 (Luckily they kind of setpped back from that with season 5 premiere and the season 6 premiere).

I'd argue that A Canterlot Wedding was the start

EDIT: Screw it I'm adding 4th episode, adding 28 Pranks Later too, that episode can get fucked

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

1. Newbie Dash - This episode completely messed up Rainbow Dash's character. Plus, to me, the lesson just felt like a kick in Rainbow's rear, to say like "Oh you're prideful and want to stand out all the time. Humble yourself and fit in more...". Plus the fact that Rainbow had to be called that dreadful "Rainbow Crash" the name that those two pegasai in flight school berated her with, hurt her even more. I felt like Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts were just out to "put Rainbow in her place", which failed miserably because Rainbow Dash is who she is. Sure she can be cocky and want to show off, but that's just who she is. The Wonderbolts just have to accept her the way she is and help her with each of her flaws. Why berate someone and label them with a name just to try to lower them and make them "fit in"?

2. Mysterious Mare-Do-Well - This episode was along the same lines as Newbie Dash. The fact that the Mane 6 pulled all the ponies away from Rainbow Dash just to show her that it's better to be humble about things did damage to Rainbow's self-esteem. It hurt her mentally and emotionally.

3. Spike at Your Service - I felt this episode was poorly written overall. Spike is attacked by timberwolves, Applejack saves him and then Spike owes AJ a life debt.  

It would depend on the purpose...  Could you remove all three major examples of where time is shown to no longer be the 1-1 people assumed and instead is 3-1?  IE would that restore the timeline to 1-1?

If you removed the three episodes where RD was shown to be most dumb, would she be smarter in canon?

Or would it have no effect and it would simply be sub these 3 episodes for 3 new ones?

Hoooo boy. I don't think the show has a lot of episodes which are entirely worthless, and I would much rather all of the episodes I don't like be retooled to meet their potential than removed. Even "Magical Mystery Cure," which I hate, might be fine if it had been properly built up to. If I had to remove three, these would be the ones. 

"The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" -- I mean, duh. Not just terrible but bizarrely spiteful. Seems to serve no purpose other than to humiliate Rainbow Dash, considering the hypocrisy of its lesson. 

"Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?" -- Empty action garbage with lazy, pandering humour which shoves all of its character depth into the end and then dismisses it all as "just get over it." Ew. 

"Princess Spike" -- I like this one more than most, but it's also a complete waste of an episode slot. Not especially offensive but has little of worth to offer. You lose nothing by removing it. 

It would depend on the purpose...  Could you remove all three major examples of where time is shown to no longer be the 1-1 people assumed and instead is 3-1?  IE would that restore the timeline to 1-1?

If you removed the three episodes where RD was shown to be most dumb, would she be smarter in canon?

Or would it have no effect and it would simply be sub these 3 episodes for 3 new ones?

No effect at all just the episodes never happened and where replaced.

1. Equestria Games

Usually one part of an episode makes me look away. This whole episode,my head was turned while listening to the audio.

To put it simply,I cringed throughout the whole thing. 

2. Secret of My Excess

Spike acts like an ass,and Rarity is the love interest. That's all I get out of this episode. Seemed more like an excuse for people to start shipping Sparity.

3. Friendship is Magic Part 1 and 2

Not a very good introduction to the show. Seriously,try watching this episode with your parents,and then explain to them why the show isn't girly. I guarantee you can't do it. Also,if you erase the first one,you'd also have to erase the second one.

1. Bad Seed, TO MUCH MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2. Pinkie Apple Pie, It's just really cheesy, Two major charecters just HAD to be related☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️, and finally, the worst one, Luna Eclipsed!!!!! Yeah, I bet you weren't expecting that, 'cause I love Nightmare Moon, but Luna is best princess to me so I was offended. These are my LEAST favorites.

(edited)

Not in order:

1. Rainbow Falls. The show's worst-written episode. Everyone outside of two (Soarin' & Derpy) is out of character. Every strand logic applied to the story makes absolutely zero sense. It disregards continuity on nearly all fronts. The Wonderbolts devolve into colossal assholes when Spitfire and Fleetfoot intentional sabotaged the Ponyville relay team and tried to woo Dash into joining the Cloudesdale team. Even worse, this is a "key" episode, so this affects whatever plot it references. *cough*Equestria Games*cough*
  2. One Bad Apple: One of the worst portrayals of how to battle bullying that I've ever seen in any television show. "Fighting back turns you into the bully"? "Bullying ends when you inform a grownup"? Babs Seed's actions are excused? Applejack becomes incompetent when she has no idea that Apple Bloom was forced to sleep on the floor in her own room? Worst FIM episode, period!
  3. Newbie Dash: One of the show's biggest anticlimaxes. Dash becomes a Wonderbolt right off the bat. But what could make it worse? Heh. Dash being taunted as "Rainbow Crash," triggering her pains of the phrase and her insecurities and worsening her performance upon each utterance. She imitates her friends to ease her pain in the worst joke of the season. She forces Scootaloo to get involved in a trick blindly. The worst of it all, the reprehensible moral of the Wonderbolts telling Dash (and by extension, us) that hazing is okay? FUCK, NO!
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 6

1. Mysterious Mare Do Well. For obvious reasons.

2. Daring Don't. Were this episode to be removed, it would change absolutely nothing. No wait, I take it back. It would remove the idiotic idea that Daring Do is a real pony and not a character and all her books are an autobiography about her adventures and how many ways she's saved the world without anyone finding out despite the fact that she has literally written books about it,

3. Princess Spike. I'm hard pressed to find anything vital enough from this episode that removing it would change anything. If anything, getting rid of it would improve Spike's character, since we would't have yet another example of Spike being an OOC idiot. 

(edited)
I just kind of thought this would be an interesting topic despite likening this series we all probably have a few episodes we don't care for and might even prefer if they never existed, so as the title says and why? Remember this is opinionated so no hate.

Is this another "worst episodes of the show" topic in disguise ?  :orly: Just saying.  :twi:

It disregards continuity on nearly all fronts. The Wonderbolts devolve into colossal assholes when Spitfire and Fleetfoot intentional sabotaged the Ponyville relay team and tried to woo Dash into joining the Cloudesdale team

This ep is one of the worst eps of the show, but it can be fixed if they make Spitfire desperately need a Soarin's replacement or Cloudale will lose, she BEGS Rainbow Dash to save Cloudale's honour - her official hometown. They should fix Twilight's dialogue, her reasonings are so bad in this episode, why dont her talk about Scootaloo's feeling if RD betray her Ponyville team?  :-o

=> Then we will got a decent episode at least.  :orly:

Edited by Lambdadelta

(edited)

1. Rainbow Falls. Derailed and ruined the equestria games arc by bad writing, ooc, ruined the wonderbolts, and a plot that breaks even itself for how much fail it has.

2. Daring Don't: Why was Daring Do made real again? Her stories make no sense considering how much crap she saves and the threats she faces that should've brought more attention to considering she sells them as autobiographies for a living. She worked much better as a fictional character in Fim.

3. One Bad Apple: One bad psa episode and a bery unlikeable babs seed to whom works much better if you pretend these events don't happen.

Edited by Nuke87654

Well if nothing changes, but you get 3 replacement episodes then there is no reason not to pick the three lowest specifically.

Spike at Your Service

Testing Testing 1 2 3

Tanks For the Memories

Only 3 episodes, but I can think of at least 4 episodes I would want to get rid of.

They would be Simple Ways, Bloom and Gloom, Princess Spike, and Applejack's Day off.

All of them are some of the most boring episodes to come out of the series and they are all a chore to sit through with very little entertainment value to offer.

Also even if I like Slice of Life, I don't think that an episode of blatant fanservice was really needed.

I would have rather had a Celestia episode over it.

I would love to erase the two Flurry Fart episodes and the one with Fluttershy's brother

See, that kind of thing would make it more interesting -- IE lets say you removed Flurry Heart's 2 parter and the one where Pinkie Knows.  All of a sudden Flurry Heart wouldn't exist. 

I asked the question if the series would change because of it for a reason.  When I was told it didn't then you just pick the least fave -- but if it DID then you could shift the series by eliminating 3 episodes that made an unwanted change. 

A lot would be on that list, maybe half of season 3 should be erased. The worst offenders on my list are:

1.) Spike at Your Service

2.) Rainbow Falls

3.) Games Ponies Play

First, Mysterious Mare-Do-Well. I don't think I need to explain why. Next, I would remove Princess Spike, because it really is just a horribly executed episode that brings nothing to the series. After that, though, I'm not so sure. There's a blur of generally forgettable episodes in there, but not ones that really set me off. It's probably another Spike episode, though.

I could almost say that all three would be Spike episodes. I mean, Spike at Your Service is probably my least favourite Spike episode, followed by...maybe Princess Spike. But then there's What About Discord?, which stands as the only story starring Discord that I can say I dislike, and that includes all the B canon material I've read starring him. Yes, the B canon stuff has better Discord stories than What About Discord? Heck, after the excellent Make New Friends But Keep Discord, that episode was like a slap in the face. Thank you What About Discord? for being an in joke that the audience is not let in on.

Maybe I can scratch Princess Spike from my list as I've long since set the bar low for Spike episodes and Party Pooped just baffles me. Yeah, I'm sorry but as nice as a new political truce would be, I'd almost rather not have relations with a nation that's so petty. If they declare war I'm sure even one Alicorn is enough to massacre them. Seriously, go home Yakyakistan. You're drunk.

Spike at Your Service still stands as my least favourite Spike episode so I'm keeping it on my list. Most Spike episodes seem to be tropey episodes which, in stark contrast to the rest of the show, fail to do anything remotely clever or new or even interesting with said tropes and just happen to be that episode we've all seen a million times in too many other cartoons in the past. Sure, they're no worse than any other times we've seen those tropes, but by FiM standards, Spike episodes are less than satisfactory. I personally think Spike at Your Service is the most cringey of them all, and probably the reason why I'm often less harsh on other Spike episodes. Not only is Spike shown to be incompetent, in spite of actually proving himself to be quite capable in other episodes, but the whole "you've saved my life and now I'm your personal slave for life" concept is one that I was already especially sick of even before watching that episode. Yeah, I'm keeping it on my list.