• Search

Register now to remove this ad.

If you could choice 3 episodes to erase from FiM which 3 would you choice?

• Please log in to reply
  • Go to first unread post
95 replies to this topic

#41 AlexanderThrond

AlexanderThrond

Bird

• Users

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:31 AM

Spike at Your Service is weird. I'd argue Spike himself is the only bad part of the episode, it has some fantastic interaction between the mane 6 imo

Yeah, that's just it. There's one scene of completely casual conversation between three of them which is just fantastic.

Register now to remove this ad.

#42 Sunny Fox

Sunny Fox

Unapologetic Rarity, Pearl and Sylvia Fan

• Subscribers

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:37 AM

Daring Don't, Princess Spike, and Newbie Dash.

#43 Truffles

Truffles

Bird

• Users

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

This seems like a hating thread, but so be it:

1. The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 - obnoxious brothers, the entire Apple family acting totally brainless, trite plot, OOC Pinkie. The song is good but it's not enough to want to see this least favorite episode of mine disappear forever.

2. Somepony to Watch Over Me - totally OOC AJ, overused plot. The Chimera isn't enough to save it. Buh-bye.

3. Leap of Faith - this episode wasn't horrendously terrible like my #1 pick above, but I really don't want to ever see the Flam brothers again, except for maybe chained to a wall in Twilight's dungeon. And Granny Smith is probably the least interesting character in the show, so that doesn't help this episode, either.

And yes, it's true. I would rather watch "Princess Spike" over "Leap of Faith" or the other two episodes above, even though it suffers from the same cliche plot and brainless character syndrome like the ones above. I generally avoid it when I can.

Same goes for "Spike at Your Service." At least it had a cool start and it's pretty good past the scene of Spike trying to fix Rarity's sink. I swear I'm going to sit down and make an edited version of that episode someday that just dumps the 7 minutes or so of Spike acting incompetent, then it will be a really fun watch.

Also "Spike at Your Service" has the honor of originally having a Dave Polsky treatment that instead featured him being a competent helper for Rarity, but that script got tossed for some reason.  :confused:

#44 ph00tbag

ph00tbag

Cupcake

• Users

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

Number 3.....Oh for God's sakes not this again. Okay, look. Hazing in the military is an average part of the experience, ESPECIALLY in the Air Force, which the Wonderbolts are an equivalent to. In the Air Force, when a new recruit screws up they get a nickname called a call sign that sticks with them, stemming from the incident that gave them the call sign in the first place. It isn't meant to be mean. It isn't meant to be cruel. It's meant to be a TEACHING METHOD so recruits don't make the same dumb, possibly dangerous, mistake. Are we done here? I hope so, because I really don't want to have to give this lecture again.  :fiery:

Yeah, the hazing and Dash getting stuck on solo detail are positively mundane to anyone with military experience. Honestly, the crap she pulled at the show was straight-up discharge-worthy in the real service, and her initial mistake was easily punishable by UCMJ, since it was disobeying a direct order. If anything, to a service member, Rainbow Dash may as well have gotten off scot-free, since the stupid nickname and the solo detail would have happened anyway. This rather nuanced depiction of how members of the military relate to each other is actually really cool, because it shows that there's more than one way to be friends.

The only thing that frustrates me about the episode is the fact that half the episode is ten excruciating minutes of self-humiliating dramatic irony on the part of Rainbow Dash. In general, I find this kind of humor to be unbearable, and Newbie Dash takes some kind of sick pleasure in dragging it out. But if I'm honest, I don't think it would be a thing if not for MMDW, anyway, that being the episode that first took Rainbow Dash's insensitivity and dialed it all the way up to a complete lack of self-consciousness (I'm serious, the whole show would seriously actually be so much better if that episode had not happened). Even so, the segment does show how Rainbow Dash expressing, if indirectly, her admiration for all five of her friends in turn. I feel like it was a very well-intentioned segment that was just executed in the laziest and most painful way possible. In the end, I don't think it destroys the whole episode. Incidentally, you can skip that whole part and still have a really great, if short, episode.

This doesn't make it a good episode, by any stretch, but I really only find an episode truly detestable if the redeeming qualities can't stand on their own. I suppose this would put Spike at Your Service and What About Discord down on that end, as well, but it's hard to pick just one episode to put in my third spot.

#45 MAIKUN

MAIKUN

Phoenix

• Users

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

I'm gonna go with Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Newbie Dash and On Your Marks

#46 Radiance64

Radiance64

Pegasus

• Subscribers

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

It's About Time
Mare Do Well
Canterlot Boutique

#47 SolyWack

SolyWack

Bunny

• Users

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

This is perfect. There are only 4 episodes I truly dislike in the series, so bam, here we go the worst 3.

-Not Easy Being Breezies. There really isn't much to say about this one other than the fact its sooo boooorrriing. I'm not even kidding you, I almost fell asleep, I was so bored. I didn't care about the breezies and Fluttershy was being more unbearable than usual. Awful

-Tanks for the Memories. I wrote this in another topic very recently, but I will again very briefly. "Mosey" episode of Horseland did everything 10000x better. Tanks for the memories was a disgrace on the "grief" topic that other shows somehow seem to get right, where this one just shat all over everything it was trying to do.

-Applejack's Day Off. I am an AJ fan here, so Bias levels are over 9000, but AJ was completely retarded this episode. I'm not saying that to be offensive, she was literally stupid this episode. Dancing like a chicken and hanging the food over a string? Really? AJ would never do something that dumb. She has always been the de facto leader of sense and ingenuity in the series, especially when Twilight breaks out, which she does very often. An utter disgrace to an already mediocre episode.

Honorable mention (I'm gettin' #4 in here)

-Pinkie Pride. I think this was really more due to people over-hyping it, but it was all very eh. Pinkie's friends just abandoned her for cheese? And cheese himself claimed to be "envious" of Pinkie while stealing her friends? I don't buy it.

We'll this really brought out the negative in me. I got to find a 3 favorite episode thread now.

#48 Brainstorm

Brainstorm

Parasprite

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

I would rewrite Princess Spike, because I can't see Spike taking over Twilight's name to get what he wants. I can't see him doing that.

#49 cider float

cider float

Pegasus

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

Slice of Life because it's just a bunch of pandering and Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep because that is also pandering, a Slice of Life 2.0 so to speak.

#50 1CJB

1CJB

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:28 AM

I have to choose three? There's so much crap that could be erased. 

large.jpg

#51 weesh

weesh

Bird

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

Daring Don't, Princess Spike, and Newbie Dash.

Newbie dash makes my list too, Along with Mysterious Mare Do Well...

those two are just awful.  so bad that putting another episode with them seems disingenuous.  

but if I had to pick a third, it might be Bats! since they ganged up on fluttershy in a way that was completely out of character.

There are also a ton of episodes that are painful to watch, but aren't portraying completely horrible things as acceptable.  
I wouldn't mind if the story didn't include the cutie mark crusaders, since most of their episodes are poor.

#52 cider float

cider float

Pegasus

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

Third episode I would like to erase is Mystery Cure, then Twilight won't be an alicorn anymore.

#53 Swifty

Swifty

Bunny

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

All of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Luna episodes

Made in Manehattan, Applejack's "Day" Off and Spice Up Your Life.

The most boring three for me. The story is not interesting and i even needed breaks between 22 minutes. Nothing more to say.

#54 MAIKUN

MAIKUN

Phoenix

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

The reason why I wanna erase Crusaders of the Lost Mark forever because...I just don't like the idea of the CMC earning their Cutie Marks, this kinda reminds of the Twilicorn controversy back in 2013. And also Slice Of Life, because THEY recolored Button Mash because of the C&D in the first place.

#55 MilesW1998

MilesW1998

Cupcake

• Users

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Rainbow Falls: Rainbow acted OOC in this episode, especially before the opening theme song. (Did she seriously need to pick Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps?) The Wonderbolts, minus Soarin, acted mean-spirited and just plain jerks. This is my least favorite episode in the entire show.

Mysterious Mare-Do-Well: And this is my 2nd worst episode. Rainbow's attitude and ego is so inflated, its almost flanderized in this episode. I also can't stand how her friends take matters into their own hooves and decide, not to talk to her, but make a new superhero compete against her. Its ridiculous and unnecessary.

Somepony To Watch Over Me: The "moral" is destructive, basically telling kids if you want to be treated with respect and as an adult, to go out on a dangerous mission for you sibling that could potentially kill you. Also, this is like what, the 3rd episode that Applejack has been out of character before and gone crazy? Its getting really annoying when they flanderize good characters like Rainbow and AJ like this. Its even worse when they do this so many times. If I wanted a character to go crazy, Lesson Zero already done that and actually made it funny, and interesting in that episode. But this episode is not funny, or good in a moral sense of the term.

#56 MegaSean45

MegaSean45

Bird

• Users

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:25 PM

Can't believe no one picked Trade Ya! That episode was pretty meh.

#57 Skyling

Skyling

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

The Cutie Map 1 & 2: In the hopes that by removing these episodes, the blight that is Starlight Glimmer never gets to impose itself upon the show.

Past that ... hmm, perhaps Mysterious Mare Do Well - that one featured some shoddy characterization all around.

#58 PinkuRiku

PinkuRiku

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:46 PM

The one where scootaloo was teased cuz she couldn't fly is a top one i'd destroy forever. No more stereo types of girly girls being horrarable people....

#59 Eggy0

Eggy0

Cupcake

• Users

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:02 AM

My personal picks and explanation why:

1. Somepony To Watch Over Me: Applejack is horribly out of character in this episode; she's treating Applebloom like a baby, which eventually leads the filly to trying to prove she doesn't need Applejack constantly babying her by delivering the pies herself (and putting herself in danger as a result). Yes, their parents are dead and all and I can understand Applejack worrying about Applebloom in that case, but that doesn't mean she has to behave like Applebloom will die the instant she looks away.
  2. Owl's Well That Ends Well: Oh, the classic jealousy/paranoia episode. I'm not taking the way Spike acts too well, and the Mane 6 just make it worse when they're showering Owlowiscious with attention (something they did with Spike earlier in the episode) like they've known him since who knows when, and Twilight's excuse that "she needs help at night" doesn't hold much water given the fact most of the episode takes place during day. There are other flaws as well, but I don't really want to go in-depth about every single thing wrong with the episode.
  3. Ponyville Confidential: Personally, I find this episode mean-spirited and hypocritical. Yes, Gabby Gums (also known as the CMC) did start spreading lies about other ponies, but only because they liked the gossips at first and Diamond Tiara kinda forced them to do it (and blackmailed them into continuing when they wanted to stop). Then Rarity gets her hooves on Sweetie Belle's stuff and learns who Gabby Gums really is, and all of a sudden the entirety of Ponyville, including the Mane 6 (and especially Big Mac who takes on Applejack's speaking role while Applejack just says "Yep" and "Nope"), harshly shun them like they're some sort of criminals, nevermind the fact that they're children! Plus the CMC don't even bother to tell anyone about why they're doing this (and I can't see a reason why shouldn't they). The only slightly saving grace for this episode is the ending (CMC manage to apologize and Diamond Tiara gets what's coming to her), but that's it.

Edited by Eggy0, 14 July 2016 - 07:04 AM.

#60 Kyoshi

Kyoshi

Gamer Pony

• Donors

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:17 AM

No particular order on these.

1. The Cutie Remark: You could swap this one with the opening and it would be the same deal. Starlight, a unicorn, overpowering an alicorn that also happens to be the element of magic itself. Ugh. Time travel and timelines alteration? Why? Starlight can fly with magic! Because...reasons. Oh, Starlight lost a friend that one time. A friend that she could have stayed in touch with through letters or something. Nope, let's trying to do something that will destroy all of Equestria as we know it. And we were supposed to feel any sort of sympathy for her? Please.

2. Feeling Pinkie Keen: This was THE episode for season 1 for me. That being the episode that I really did not like at all. The whole episode makes Twilight look like an idiot only because Pinkie is doing things that do make no sense in the context of the episode and by the end of it, the moral is to...just give up? That's not how the scientific method works. Yes, Twilight shouldn't be so obsessed over it, but she doesn't have to just stop and accept it outright.

3. Newbie Dash: F*ck. This. Episode. Rainbow Dash, the pony that mentioned in EPISODE 1 that her dream was to fly with the Wonderbolts. It finally happens and what do we get? Rainbow Dash apparently forgetting every single ounce of character growth she ever had. The entire friend imitation scene was painful to watch. The Wonderbolts themselves all look like assholes with no redeeming qualities now. Rainbow Dash is bullied and that is passed off as acceptable via 'hazing'. Rainbow endangers SCOOTALOO. Seriously? Who in their right mind thought that THIS episode was even remotely good for such an important occasion? I said these are in no order, but this episode right here is my least favorite in the entire series, bar none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users