Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could choice 3 episodes to erase from FiM which 3 would you choice?

Rosetta Spring

The only thing I'd erase is "Applejack's Day Off". The thought of this episode existing makes me lose brain cells, seriously. Applejack looked like the biggest idiot in the whole galaxy thanks to tragic writing. Seriously, somebody delete this mess

• Brohoof 1

I dunnot.

Canterlot wedding, sleepless in Ponyvilla, luna eclipsed, For whom the sweetie belle tols, Does princess dream of magic sheeps, all cmc Episodes since season 3?

Well the 'Mysterious Mare Do Well' episode would be the first on my list, 'Applejack's Day Off' would be the second and 'The Hooffields and McColts'. Those three would be my least favorite episodes >.<

1. No Second Prances - while a good episode for Starlight, it was beyond horrible for Twilight and one that would ruin her reputation in the show.

2. Twilight's Kingdom - take away Tirek and it's just your usual finale.

3. Canterlot Boutique - I'm not even going to describe how this one ended up.

I'd erase Mystery on the Friendship Express

Mare Do Well

Rainbow Falls

I'd also put The Crystal Empire on DVD as a bonus feature for the S3 video disc.  It's too plot critical to erase, but IMO it is the weakest 2 parter.  For a S3 opener I'd have made a 2 part episode of Discordant by Ezra09 (Discord tries to escape by creating the Elements of Chaos because Hatred Is Magic!).  This would set up the episode Keep Calm and Flutter On + shows Discord as having a 3 digit IQ

Edited by sweetolebob18

Note: My opinion (I know this forum isn't bad about it outside of the Debate Pit, but it is still the internet, you know... There are people around that automatically think you take everything you say as a factual statement...).

3. Cart Before the Ponies- Believe it or not, I could actually watch the entire episode. Well sort of. I skipped at least half of it. All I got was a simple plotline with literally zero complexity and completely butchered quite a few characters (*COUGH COUGH CHEERILEE COUGH COUGH*). Anyways, I could not believe I saw this after I saw one of the best episodes in the entire MLP series right before it. Literally went from a great episode to a miserable one in a week, Hasbro. Well done. You had me skipping the most of it.

2. On Your Marks- The absolute best way to demonstrate how NOT to do a CMC episode. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It was so awful for the 5 minutes I watched it that I got downright embarrassed and turned the TV off. I can't even believe this is Polsky's work... Really man? Really...? You literally wrote this like you're the worst of new and completely unfamiliar writers. But you had been writing for the series for seasons... Wow. How could this have gone so wrong...? Were you doing crack cocaine when you wrote this Dave?

1. Magical Musical Cancer Mystery Cure- This episode has literally no sort of redeeming qualities about it. The plotline felt like it was done hastily just to end Season 3, the songs were basically all awful, and the whole episode is just... cringe-worthy at best. It also produced Princess Twilight, which of course the community was completely unprepared for and it didn't really develop throughout the episode. It was just that thing at the end that made me think "what the buck is going on right now...?" It was totally undeveloped in the episode. I felt like it literally just happened out of complete nowhere because Hasbro completely ran out of ideas. This was not a hard choice at ALL. This episode is cancerous, completely and utterly cancerous.

Honorable Mentions: Rainbow Falls, Power Ponies (Yeah I disliked that episode quite a bit actually. But this is the HM section so... I won't express here why I didn't like it because this post is already long enough anyways, right?)

Edited by TwillyFSniper

Ho-ho, this will be easy.

• "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" :Hypothetical 
  • "28 pranks later" :Hypothetical 
  • "To Where and back again": WTF?
Edited by Satrox
  • Brohoof 1

Jeez... a lot of people hating on Rainbow Falls. I agree that it's the show's worst written episode, but it's not the worst in my opinion.

If I had to pick 3:

1) Boast Busters

2) Dragon Quest

3) PUTTING YOUR FREAKING HOOF DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GoddessRarity

Jeez... a lot of people hating on Rainbow Falls. I agree that it's the show's worst written episode, but it's not the worst in my opinion.

It has it's fair share of problems but compared to some of the other episodes we've gotten it's looks like a goddamn masterpiece

Edited by Megas

I find that episode confusing and increasingly have a hard time defending it, but honestly I find it far more watchable than a good number of other episodes in this show. 

In this hypothetical snap-fingers-to-retcon scenario, if I choose to delete a consequential episode, do I also undo all of it's consequences? Could I get rid of Cadence by deleting A Canterlot Wedding? Or would that be too radical of a modification?

Hoofields and McColts- Pretty much an annoying episode and a waste for Twilight and Fluttershy's chance for a good map episode.

Princess Spike- I know that Spike needs character development but this episode doesn't do that in a good way.

Applejack's Day Off- Come again? What did we learned from this episode really? Applejack's been doing things wrong for how long and this episode made her feel "dumb". Besides AJ's shortcomings, Rainbow has an affinity for spas now and this was the only thing I can see what happened in this episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
1. Just for Sidekicks - an episode about lying, bribing people and getting away with it.

2. Spike at Your Service - Spike suddenly having a dragon code and acting out of character, Twilight suddenly not caring... Timberwolves were cool though.

3. The Mysterious Mare Do Well - do I even need to explain anything? I  generally don't like superheroes being forced into MLP world (like in Power Ponies), but this episode made Rainbow Dash look really pathetic as well.

interteresting to read most of the hated episodes are the ones focused on rainbow dash x D

I dont like them either but not cause i love her and "they humillate her in those episodes", its only because i dislike her ego so much that its annoying  :please:

also wonderbolts thematic its so boring for me. too many wonderbolts episodes.

I like her daring doo episodes tho

also i would erease some early CMC episodes. we got way too much "gotta find a talent for the cutie mark" episodes. thanks god they got them finally xD

Ill rewatch the show so I could make a proper top 3

Edited by Tropico