Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Any Roller Coaster Enthusiasts

Whirlwind

The last theme park I went to was Cedar Point. The park I've always dreamed on going to.

My home park is Six Flags magic mountain

The last theme park I went to was Cedar Point. The park I've always dreamed on going to.

My home park is Six Flags Magic Mountain

My home park is Six Flags magic mountain

• Brohoof 1

Holey moley, that Fury 325 looks amazing!  I watched the POV video on ponytube.  Although it can't do the real thing justice, I could immediately tell that it looked very unique, and probably head and shoulders above most other giga coasters.  You know, I think it's a wonderful thing that we live in an age where you can search for literally any coaster in existence (and even ones that have been long since decommissioned) and find an HD POV video of it.  It means that in some form at least, I can sorta ride any coaster on the planet.  I love digitally "visiting" all of these places around the world and riding all these crazy coasters I've heard of.  I have a coffee table book on coasters with all kinds of record holders (albeit outdated now).  I got that book long before ponytube and steaming video and all that was really big.  I memorized the world record hall of fame in that book, and now I get to "travel" around on ponytube and see what all these coasters are actually like!  It's really fun, especially because you can go to any exotic place that you'd never actually visit for real.  A couple of my favorite coasters that I've "ridden" on ponytube are Dragon Khan in Spain, and Hair Raiser in China.  Hair Raiser has to be one of the most stunning locations for a coaster, ever.  Oh, and Fury 325, of course.  That reminds me, I've been meaning to watch the POV of The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley, which I believe is still the world record holder for longest coaster, both in track length and ride duration.

Yeah, Fury 325 got a golden ticket for best new coaster of 2015. It's the most popular ride of the park. When I first rode it, I had to wait almost 2 hours to ride it. But that 325 foot drop 95mph rush was worth the wait. I've watched a POV of The Ultimate. Not the most intense, but it's pretty exciting riding through the trees... 

• Brohoof 3

Good News! Wildfire at Kolmarden is saved! The RMC beast will stay up and running!

In my opinion, this is probably the Greatest Wooden coaster in the world. Wish I could ride it. All you Sweeds are lucky 

I love Roller Coasters but I have not been one for Years (Can't remember the Last Time I'm been on Roller Coaster)

may I ask what is the closest amusement park near you?

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I used to be scare of roller coaster, but I grew out of it and love it.  The bigger, the faster, the better.

I. LOVE. ROLLER COASTERS!!! :D

My home park is Canada's Wonderland (currently owned by Cedar Fair), north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Known for the Leviathan, Behemoth, Yukon Striker (the first 3 built by B&M), The Mighty Canadian Minebuster, and a good amount of more roller coasters. Canada's Wonderland is Canada's Premier Theme Park for a reason. ;)

2 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I tell you Copperhead Strike, though it may not be tall or fast, packs quite the punch. You get crazy hangtime and some serious ejector airtime on this one hill close to the end of the ride. 

Btw, Carowinds is on my list for theme parks I want to visit. I happen to love to travel, so since I don't mind travelling, going to other parks won't that bothersome to me. :)

The Copperhead Strike is in Carowinds, isn't it?

Just now, Jonny Music said:

Btw, Carowinds is on my list for theme parks I want to visit. I happen to love to travel, so since I don't mind travelling, going to other parks won't that bothersome to me. :)

The Copperhead Strike is in Carowinds, isn't it?

Indeed it is, Carowinds' first double-launch roller coaster. As I said a few years ago, it's also home to Fury 325. 

Also, in my lifetime riding roller coasters, I've gotten 4 zen rides on roller coasters at Carowinds. 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Indeed it is, Carowinds' first double-launch roller coaster. As I said a few years ago, it's also home to Fury 325. 

Also, in my lifetime riding roller coasters, I've gotten 4 zen rides on roller coasters at Carowinds. 

Neat. :)

Btw, have you been to other theme parks before? (You can answer this too, @Pastel Heart (and everyone else), if you want)

For instance, I've been to Magic Kingdom in Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, some theme park in Ohio with "Family" in its name (I forgot which one it was, though I remember being there in 2004 or 2005) and (my first ever Six Flags park) Six Flags America (back in 2019 after BronyCon 2019 ended, as I planned to visit it in advance). I've heard SF America is not that great, though when I've been there, it wasn't too bad imho. There were some rides that were not operating which was a bit disappointing, though I still had fun overall when I went.

The next theme park I am really looking forward to visit is La Ronde (owned by Six Flags) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. :D It's the only theme park in the entire Canadian Province of Quebec. Plus, I want to make another excuse to visit Montreal again, as I fell in love with the city when I first visited it.

Edited by Jonny Music

2 minutes ago, Jonny Music said:

For instance, I've been to Magic Kingdom in Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, some theme park in Ohio with "Family" in its name (I forgot which one it was, though I remember being there in 2004 or 2005) and (my first ever Six Flags park) Six Flags America (back in 2019 after BronyCon 2019 ended, as I planned to visit it in advance). I've heard SF America is not that great, though when I've been there, it wasn't too bad imho. There were some rides that were not operating which was a bit disappointing, though I still had fun overall when I went.

The next theme park I am really looking forward to visit is La Ronde (owned by Six Flags) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

I heard La Ronde is one of the worst parks...

I've been to

Magic Kingdom

Hollywood Studios 

Epcot

Animal Kingdom

Universal Studios

Islands of Adventure

Six Flags America

Kings Dominion

Busch Gardens Tampa

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Sea World Orlando

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I heard La Ronde is one of the worst parks...

I've been to

Magic Kingdom

Hollywood Studios 

Epcot

Animal Kingdom

Universal Studios

Islands of Adventure

Six Flags America

Kings Dominion

Busch Gardens Tampa

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Sea World Orlando

Cool list. :)

Yeah, I heard some things about it too. Though that's not stopping me from wanting to visit it, regardless. I want to see for myself how it is. It's the only Six Flags park in all of Canada after all, just like how Canada's Wonderland is the only Cedar Fair park in all of Canada.

Cool list. :)

Yeah, I heard some things about it too. Though that's not stopping me from wanting to visit it, regardless. I want to see for myself how it is. It's the only Six Flags park in all of Canada after all, just like how Canada's Wonderland is the only Cedar Fair park in all of Canada.

Yea, but where I live, I've a few parks around the place I'd like to go to and those are

Dollywood

Six Flags Over Georgia

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Yea, but where I live, I've a few parks around the place I'd like to go to and those are

Dollywood

Six Flags Over Georgia

Cool. :)

I almost forgot to mention that I've been also wanting to visit Galaxyland (home of the world's longest indoor roller coaster with three loops) in the West Edmonton Mall (in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, of course). And Marineland in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada (only for the Dragon Steel Roller Coaster and Sky Screamer, no more, no less).

Some more US Theme Parks I want to visit are more of Disney World, Busch Gardens (Tampa and Williamsburg), Six Flags Great Adventure, Cedar Point, and so on.

3 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Are you talking about Atlantis? That's a water coaster. 

Yeah, cuz in SeaWorld Orlando, I vividly remember going on the Kraken with my mom back in 2003.

Cool. :)

I almost forgot to mention that I've been also wanting to visit Galaxyland (home of the world's longest indoor roller coaster with three loops) in the West Edmonton Mall (in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, of course). And Marineland in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada (only for the Dragon Steel Roller Coaster and Sky Screamer, no more, no less).

Some more US Theme Parks I want to visit are more of Disney World, Busch Gardens (Tampa and Williamsburg), Six Flags Great Adventure, Cedar Point, and so on.

Ah yes, Dragon Mountain, the custom Arrow Dynamics looper. It has quite the weird layout. It appears that the trains were made by vekoma however. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Pastel Heart said:

No, that's not it. This was a roller coaster. It hits the water for a bit before bringing you back up.

Looked it up, it's this one

Ah, the Manta, cool! :D

Though I've only been on the Kraken last time I was there. Have you been on the Kraken as well by any chance? :)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Jonny Music said:

Ah, the Manta, cool! :D

Though I've only been on the Kraken last time I was there. Have you been on the Kraken as well by any chance? :)

Yep! I went on it second! After that I got kinda woozy, too much motion movement @w@ 

• Brohoof 1