Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming favourite/least favourite CoD?

Fiery Shadow

My favourite has got to be world at war. it was based on real events.

My least favourite has got to be Black ops 3. it's laggy and it's confusing as all hell with microtransactions all over the Place.

so. tell me your favourite/least favourite call of duty game. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is definitely Black Ops 2. While it did not have the amazing Infected mode from MW3, this game had everything I wanted. The graphics were the best in the series at the time, the campaign was decent and the zombies mode was good too despite the weird ranking system. And of course the multiplayer is probably the best in the franchise. This game felt 'complete' more than any of the others to me.

Least favorite: Black Ops 3. Weird, my favorite is Black Ops 2 and this one is my absolute least favorite. Black Ops 3 was such a massive disappointment. after loving 2 to death, I was hoping Treyarch would deliver again. Instead, we got an absolutely horrible campaign, ONE zombie map (Black Ops 1 had two at launch 5 years before this game), and that map was awful, and the multiplayer was a huge step down and littered with micro-transactions despite the game having a season pass and no dedicated servers. The graphics were also inferior to Advanced Warfare, which that on its own is an epic fail. This is the game that officially made me want this series to die, as I knew it was being completely ruined by greed. Thanks Activision.

• Brohoof 1

My favourite is Call of Duty World At War. I don't play many COD games because most of them are all bore me but the old ones I do like. I mainly like Call of Duty World at War because it introduced zombies and has my favourite zombie map.

My least favourite, I can't really think of a COD game i dislike more so I'll say every single COD game after Black Ops 2

Favorite - Probably 1 or 2, or Big Red One, I'm much more into the older WWII games

Least Favorite - Fuck Ghosts, abysmal campaign with obvious undeserved sequel bait, + lousy multiplayer

• Brohoof 1

Favorite: Modern Warfare 2. Brilliant campaign & even better multiplayer. MW2 introduced a plethora of groundbreaking features & touches that made the game addicting which added to its already impressive depth (customizable killstreaks, title & emblem system, Spec Ops, large array of weaponry, tons of new attachments & perks, fun maps, and so on). One of the most exhilarating & rewarding games ever made imo.

Least Favorite: Ghosts. Everything that made MW2 great is shredded to pieces in Ghosts. Complete butchering of the killstreak system. Bland, soulless, rhythmless maps. Unexciting perk system & weapon selection. Poor implementation of the Squads mode. I grew tired of Ghosts within a day or so.

I haven't really played many Call of Duty games, but..

Favorite: World at War - Great campaign, zombies and it's fun to play with my brother.

Least Favorite: Ghosts - A poorly optimized mess with generally repetitive and bland gameplay.

Call of Dutes is on an absolute scale here.

Call of Duty 4, and Modern Warfare 2 Ioved for the campaigns. MW3 was alright (already breaking my rule).

Black Ops 2 was good for multiplayer, because it introduced the 10-point system for inventory, which I thought was cool.

All the other ones I don't like, uninspired money-grabbers.

My favourite would definitely have to be black ops 1, it was the first cod game that I ever bought...and it was on the Wii xD. I then started to play it endlessly on the Xbox and then stopped playing all together for a while, and then I got it on PC and got to prestige 15 for the first time xD Great game.

The worst cods are all as bad as each other after black ops 2. Black ops 2 was ok but not great, they made a futuristic version of black ops 1, and then they made another futuristic cod, and then another one even further into the future, and now black ops 3 which is supposedly even further into the future? ok cod...and now infinite warfare.....even more into the future I'm guessing?

This is the reason I love battlefield, they've been staying fairly modern, and now they're going back to the past instead of the future, reminds of the good old BF1942 days.

COD 2 or 5 (WAW) were the good ones.  COD 1 was also good just for how hard the campaign was.  I played Ghosts for about 15 minutes and that was enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I have played every COD game except for console exclusives, Infinite, and any COD game after COD WW2. I will cheat and mention three potential favourites:

-WAW has the most brutal campaign of any COD game. It also started the Nazi Zombie series of COD though it certainly is primitive compared to more recent Treyarch COD games.

-BO2 has the best multiplayer mode I think. The Pick-10 system made classes very customizable and weapons were fairly balanced at least from my impression (most weapons seemed to be used fairly equally by player which is a contrast to BO where the FAMAS and AK-74u were commonly used). It also had arguably the best zombie maps of all of COD with Blood of the Dead and especially Origins (otherwise BO2 zombie mode would have been quite disappointing for me with the Victis crew).

-BO3 was great only for the zombie mode. It has the best zombie mode of all COD games especially after the release of Zombies Chronicles which gave the game nearly all the zombie maps made at that point. I did not care for the campaign as it was very barely a continuation of BO2; I recall not being very invested in the story and I have nearly completely forgotten what happens (if I remember correctly, I think the story writer for BO and BO2 went on to focus exclusively on the zombie storyline). I consider the multiplayer mode to be inferior to that of BO2.

Worst COD game:

Ghosts. Evidently I was not invested in the campaign. All I remember is that:

-Father and son team.
-Dog.
-Hunting bandana man who was good guy turned bad guy.
-Cliff hanger that was never resolved.
-USA is at war against South America for some reason.

I recall hating multiplayer mode. I do not know if this was just me, but I recall dying very quickly whenever I got shot (too quick to react) but it took much longer for me to kill others. This problem made the game far less enjoyable for me and BF4 became my main FPS game for that year.

Extinction mode was no match for Treyarch zombie mode.

I wish I got a refund for this game.

2 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Most favorite is Ghosts

Boo!

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1

As someone who mainly plays CoD for the campaign, I usually have trouble picking between CoD4, Black Ops 1 and Infinite Warfare

Least favorite is Black Ops 4 since no campaign so I default to that one. But as far as least favorite campaign goes it's Ghosts, it's so far up its own ass while, and then ending with undeserved sequel bait. Black Ops 3 tries too hard to top 1 and 2 in terms of mindfucking you