Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your ideal pet?

Vulcan

So I was rewatching the episode where rainbow got Tank and got the idea to make a thread on this. 

Anyways. What would you consider your ideal pet? Whether it's a personality type you particularly like or a species you absolutely adore. Everyone has different preferences.Some folks only like Cats, others like any pet with scales and then there are a few who prefer anything that's functional and low-maintenance. 

In my opinion I'm more leaning towards the tiny fluff balls regardless of species. I find the cuteness , the most important factor in any pet o_o

Shih-Tzu-photo.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I mostly prefer pets that are fairly low maintenance, unless they are a cat or a dog. Even then, I mostly prefer smaller dogs, like pugs. Those are amazing. ^-^ I have two zebre finches which are fairly easy to take care of.

• Brohoof 1

zebre finches

Just googled them, They look like pokemon! X3

So adorable!

Siberian Husky

That's the first dog breed I liked. They have one of the best coat patterns ^ ^

• Brohoof 1

@

I want a Deidara...

I have always loved exotic pets; especially birds. I have owned quite a few of them throughout my life but they have always been fairly smaller species. I would really like to own a large bird such as a scarlet macaw or an umbrella cockatoo. 

• Brohoof 1

I once took care of a wounded rook and a starling nestling. Thet were both really friendly (towards people and towards each other, too!) and intelligent. And even though I don't support keeping wild animals as pets, I wouldn't hesitate to take in more starlings and rooks if they needed help!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
I want a Deidara...

I'd prefer a Tobi....they're such a loveable breed  +w+

2314933_1325658515166.32res_443_255.jpg

I once took care of a wounded rook and a starling nestling. Thet were both really friendly (towards people and towards each other, too!) and intelligent. And even though I don't support keeping wild animals as pets, I wouldn't hesitate to take in more starlings and rooks if they needed help!

That is all kinds of awesome 

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 1

I want to have a Deer as a Pet because i find them to be cute, even though thats not possible. Sadly.

A Dune Fox would also be cool. But thats also not possible.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Probably a Highlander or Maine Coon cat, or maybe a small rabbit...

Anything but a dog. I'm terrified of them... O.o

Rabbits scare me. Mean little things that will run your household. ._.

I do have a Maine Coon. Blind cat I adopted this past Christmas. Best personality ever.

• Brohoof 1

I always thought I'm a dog person, but after almost a year and a half with two cats i find that i prefer cats quite more.

My two cats are polar opposites: one is quiet and shy, and will bolt away at the first sign of trouble, preferring dark spaces. The other is loud and curious, and freely announces her presence when she enters our rooms.

I find myself absolutely loving these animals. Their grace, mannerisms etc. All of them.

In terms of species, it would be dogs, cats or ferrets. I love all three. However, I don't feel I would have the time to devote to dogs or ferrets and would rather settle on two cats, since they don't necessarily need attention as often.

• 1 month later...

I like big things. Big cats, big dogs, big birds. Most things with fur or feathers. Though if I had to pick one thing and raise it from cub to adult, it would probebly be a siberian tiger! Why?  Have you seen those things? They're massive! Granted it would be anightmare to maintain for food and all that, but with the time, money and room. Sure!

Cats are so majestic and beautiful and I've loved them for so long that my ideal pet would just as well be a cat. They're fairly easy to care for and their ability to be quiet is simply serenity for me. If I could choose, it would be a huge Maine Coon. Preferably one that would be a lap cat.

If fantasy animals were a choice, I'd love to share my house with a dragon like this or this:D