Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think The Movie Will Mark The End Of Friendship Is Magic?

OmegaBeamOfficial

I really doubt that's the case. If it was, Hasbro would've announced it what they announced a movie coming. (Not to mention SpongeBob.)

(edited)

Well, I suppose we should know at the upcoming  hasbro conference on their quarterly earnings on the 18th; They'll probably announce if they're coming out with another season or not there I bet. Of course, if they don't say anything about a new season when they get to the MLP section they could still have one planned, but it'll still seem pretty likely that the movie will be the end.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it could mark the end of FIM, but I don't think it will end MLP. Here's why. Shows like MLP are mostly made to sell toys. I mean, it's made by Hasbro, which is a toy company. Selling toys is their ultimate goal. These type of shows don't normally go out with a big bang. It's just not in their nature. They keep going until the company decides it's not helping toy sales anymore.

A movie would generate a lot of hype and bring more attention to the franchise. From a business view, it would be a terrible move to completely stop the show there. Continuing the show would make the hype from the movie last longer, and therefore, sell more toys.

I could imagine the movie marking the end of FIM, but if that's the case, I would bet they would start up a new MLP show fairly quickly. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I suppose we should know at the upcoming  hasbro conference on their quarterly earnings on the 18th; They'll probably announce if they're coming out with another season or not there I bet. Of course, if they don't say anything about a new season when they get to the MLP section they could still have one planned, but it'll still seem pretty likely that the movie will be the end.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, it could mark the end of FIM, but I don't think it will end MLP. Here's why. Shows like MLP are mostly made to sell toys. I mean, it's made by Hasbro, which is a toy company. Selling toys is their ultimate goal. These type of shows don't normally go out with a big bang. It's just not in their nature. They keep going until the company decides it's not helping toy sales anymore.

A movie would generate a lot of hype and bring more attention to the franchise. From a business view, it would be a terrible move to completely stop the show there. Continuing the show would make the hype from the movie last longer, and therefore, sell more toys.

I could imagine the movie marking the end of FIM, but if that's the case, I would bet they would start up a new MLP show fairly quickly. 

That DOES make sense, but it would be nice if FIM ended on a high note is all I'm saying. I won't jump to conclusions, I'm not sure whether it will end the show or not, but like you said, they could start another show if they do.

Simpsons had a movie in 2007 and that didn't mark the end.

We won't know if it will, but honestly, if Hasbro can milk MLP some more, then it will.

Well, yeah, but look at the Simpsons now. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be for most people, and It's cow is basically milked now. The same might happen to MLP if it keeps going too long I think. What I'm saying is It'd be nice for the show to last another season or two, or at least go out on a high note with the movie and just end it there. We don't want MLP to end up like The Simpsons.

• Brohoof 1

Well, yeah, but look at the Simpsons now. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be for most people, and It's cow is basically milked now. The same might happen to MLP if it keeps going too long I think. What I'm saying is It'd be nice for the show to last another season or two, or at least go out on a high note with the movie and just end it there. We don't want MLP to end up like The Simpsons.

xD In my opinion, MLP hit its peak at the end of season 2. Season 3 went down in quality and from then on, it became almost too bad for me to watch. To me, it's already happened.

xD In my opinion, MLP hit its peak at the end of season 2. Season 3 went down in quality and from then on, it became almost too bad for me to watch. To me, it's already happened.

Well, I don't consider any of the seasons I've seen as terrible, but that's just me.

• Brohoof 2

I really hope it isn't gonna end. But even if it does, as long as people keep writing fan fiction, it will never truly end. :)

By the way, I'm pretty sure they DID NOT always plan for it to end with a movie. Magical Mystery Cure was originally gonna be the last episode, remember?

• Brohoof 2

I don't know. It feels more like it could mark the end of FIM than will. Given the possibility of a seventh season on the horizon before the film, I'm unsure what will happen. But will it end G4 (e.g., the FIM toyline, comics) as a whole? I don't think so.

Given that we're this late into Season 6 without any rumors of a Season 7 and the fact that there are resources working on both EqG4 and the movie, I'm guessing that this could be the last one. If not, Season 7 might be short.

I find it more likely that there will be a new show coming out after the movie. Rebooting will give the crew much more possibilities, and from a marketing standpoint, announcements of new works generate much more publicity than continuing old ones.

Here's the thing, I don't know why, but I don't really like this ''Slice of Life-style show'' kind of thing. I more liked it when it had an arc, and arcs make shows better. The Movie will hopefully be good for me, because I hate slice of life style shows unless it's Arthur or EastEnders or something like that. Slice of Life doesn't always work. 

I just want Grogar to Return.

That's what I want for the movie.

• Brohoof 1

Here's the thing, I don't know why, but I don't really like this ''Slice of Life-style show'' kind of thing. I more liked it when it had an arc, and arcs make shows better. The Movie will hopefully be good for me, because I hate slice of life style shows unless it's Arthur or EastEnders or something like that. Slice of Life doesn't always work. 

I just want Grogar to Return.

That's what I want for the movie.

We should be used to this by now honestly, I mean even looking back at Season 1, that was mostly slice of life episodes, with some episodes progressing the story (Friendship Is Magic P1/2, The Ticket Master etc.) in-between. This doesn't bother me since I find slice of life episodes entertaining, though. But to be honest, is there really any alternative? I don't see My Little Pony working as a super serious gritty action show, especially considering It's original demographic they were aiming for.

well i feel really crap after reading into this :c although it does make sense.. done well to make 6 seasons but its kind of obvious they are running out of material, i wouldn't want the show to go on if it isn't as good as it is now. provided they tie up all the loose ends and finish it off with an unforgettable finale :P that's all need
jut be happy it isn't over yet! :D

• Brohoof 1

We should be used to this by now honestly, I mean even looking back at Season 1, that was mostly slice of life episodes, with some episodes progressing the story (Friendship Is Magic P1/2, The Ticket Master etc.) in-between. This doesn't bother me since I find slice of life episodes entertaining, though. But to be honest, is there really any alternative? I don't see My Little Pony working as a super serious gritty action show, especially considering It's original demographic they were aiming for.

Yes I know, the Slice of Life isn't an original Idea. But here's the thing, throughout Season 4, there was one thing that kept me hooked, the keys. And ever since Season 5 they refused to bother with a story-arc. I don't want it to be, ''Oh Applejack needs help with her decorating and she is having family trouble'', I really want it to be ''Can they get the super secret item that will be used later to defeat Grogar?'' the same way they did with Tirek and the Six Keys.

And without spoiling everything either.

• Brohoof 2

Yes I know, the Slice of Life isn't an original Idea. But here's the thing, throughout Season 4, there was one thing that kept me hooked, the keys. And ever since Season 5 they refused to bother with a story-arc. I don't want it to be, ''Oh Applejack needs help with her decorating and she is having family trouble'', I really want it to be ''Can they get the super secret item that will be used later to defeat Grogar?'' the same way they did with Tirek and the Six Keys.

And without spoiling everything either.

Agreed about the keys; S4 really had me interested due to the plot hook.

The box screamed "THIS IS IMPORTANT", and I was heavily piqued by the obvious big bad wolf style visual cues in the episodes, and was really interested in how it was all going to link up at the end.

S5 and S6, by comparison, have been heavily dissapointing in this department, as the only "Plot hook" for the seasons have been "Starlight is in the background". (Though hopefully we get some sort of changeling arc for the season coming up)

• Brohoof 1

I Personally don't think it will be the end of the show. It depends on how popular it is, and I think it's easily still popular enough to stay on the air. The whole point of the show is to advertise the franchise and make money, and as long as the show is popular, it will be making a profit.

Can't be,they're still didn't discovered everything,we still have a map of Equestria. There's a lot of places they never visited... So,it might be about enemies or a cutie mark chronicles of background ponies maybe. We don't know - that's the answer. But I'm 100% sure they wouldn't make an end of G4.

• Brohoof 1

Can't be,they're still didn't discovered everything,we still have a map of Equestria. There's a lot of places they never visited... So,it might be about enemies or a cutie mark chronicles of background ponies maybe. We don't know - that's the answer. But I'm 100% sure they wouldn't make an end of G4.

Point taken, I'm just thinking of the possibilities here.

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope it's not.

but the film is scheduled ten 2014 (do not remember the exact year but it's out there), and that over time could mean the end of the series.

but if so, I think Esles are working on a very good finish.  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

If the movie ends up being the series finale, I probably won't be upset as long as it's a fitting ending that ties together the entire series. However, there is always the possibility that the movie is more of a standalone story. If that is the case and MLP toy sales end up soaring, Hasbro will almost certainly continue the series for better or worse...

• Brohoof 2

I really hope it's not.
but the film is scheduled ten 2014 (do not remember the exact year but it's out there), and that over time could mean the end of the series.
but if so, I think Esles are working on a very good finish.  :adorkable:

2014? That's passed, I think you mean 2017.

If the movie ends up being the series finale, I probably won't be upset as long as it's a fitting ending that ties together the entire series. However, there is always the possibility that the movie is more of a standalone story. If that is the case and MLP toy sales end up soaring, Hasbro will almost certainly continue the series for better or worse...

Well, It's not like these toys sell well at all and I'm hoping for a continued narrative of the show, or at least links to it like they did with EG.

Yeah, it will. The show has been declining in quality and viewership and I doubt G4 will last that much longer, let alone to the movie.

• Brohoof 2