Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think The Movie Will Mark The End Of Friendship Is Magic?

OmegaBeamOfficial

It is possible that the show could end in 2017 but then again it has a huge fan base and makes a lot of money for Hasbro so I can't really see it ending after the movie. What they may end up doing is hiring new writers for the show to come up with fresh and better ideas and plot lines then what was in season 5 and 6 even though they were still great episodes. I do feel like they skimped on some of the stories but well see what happens in 2017.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda hope it does, but I kinda hope it doesn't

If season 6 is any indication, the show's getting into a rut, it'd be better to end with the movie and not let the show get any worse.

On the other, season 6 would be a really shitty final season

• Brohoof 2

Here is what I could also see happen:

First MLP FiM could end after the movie next year but that would put a major impact on the toys and fan base they have.

Second Hasbro will start a new show up with the same art and same voice overs but have a new name for the show instead of Friendship is magic they will start the new show with a different name.

Third the show will continue just as it is with the show.

• Brohoof 2

If they do end the series on the film... do you think they will follow canon and end as it began?(metaphoricaly speaking)

not even gona speculate about what that would be like... way too many posibilities...

i do hope season 7 doesnt flop, season 6 sorta "tripped"... and if 7 flops, the movie will bomb... that would make lots of sad/mad bronies...

myself included...

• Brohoof 2

I have a feeling it is. Or at least it's gonna be a major change to FiM. The show already feels like it's close to ending, with the main 'mane character' (Twi) not being featured very much recently.

Eh, she's featured, just I feel they flubbed up and didn't realize that making her "Learning to be a teacher" episodes revolve around Starlight makes it feel like she's not really important in those episodes, when its supposed to be about her arc of becoming a teacher as well.

• Brohoof 1

Now that you mention it.... That would be bad, I sure hope it's not the end. If it is, I guess FiM's had a good run. As many of you have pointed out, there is a lot of related MLP series, like the comics and EG movies, and surely Hasbro is still making money, if not making more thanks to the brony community, so why end it?

• Brohoof 1

6 Seasons is a bit much for any show, even great ones. I think Hasbro wants to try something new, and maybe branch off ponies. I guess we can only wait to see what the script writers have in store.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

So far, MLP seems to be one of Hasbro's money making machines. According to Brian Goldner, President and CEO of Hasbro, in the second quarterly report MLP toy lines took a downturn. However, sales of the EQG toy line has exceeded their expectations. I don't think the upcoming movie in 2017 will have any effect on the show ending. As stated by Brian Goldner, "This leads us to next year, when on October 6, 2017, MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE will hit theatres with an all-star cast and global distribution from Lionsgate. The film introduces new characters, new worlds and new play experiences for the MY LITTLE PONY fan." (http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/HAS/2749064019x0x900024/DA34F53C-1154-40F0-83A5-34E7724DC177/Hasbro_Q2_2016_Earnings_Management_Remarks_FINAL.pdf) I think this is a good sign for us though!

Warmest of Breezes,

ST

• Brohoof 4

A lot of people has said the show is becoming less popular, and although sure - 6 seasons in a show will shake up and fans can come and go and things can change but as far as I've been aware both from Hasbro related articles I've seen along with having many relatives in the core demographic, although the popularity of the show among older fans may be on the decline, as far as the kids go they still seem crazy about it. Although online it can seem like there are very few younger fans, in reality the show could survive with them alone. So if it ends I don't think it'll be related to ratings or anything like that.

However a shake-up sounds more likely, similar to how Yu-gi-oh GX was a shake-up of Yu-gi-oh, I could quite easily see them taking that route, I think changing art styles wouldn't make sense, it makes more sense to spin-off in a shared universe rather then Scooby Doo it and go full reboot every so many years (which is so much more risky and pointless and half the time doesn't work out for them). If they were to go with a new cast, I'd rather it be a new cast rather then an a preexisting character.

As for the show dropping in quality after season 3, I'd disagree with that. For me, season 3 was an odd one but season 4 was my favourite series next to 2. It had arcs, interesting stories, great songs, Weird Al.. Everything I look for in a cartoon (especially the Weird Al part..)

• Brohoof 2

While I really hope that the Hasbro doesn't cancel the show, I do see some problems with keeping it on air after the movie. To begin, it would most likely start going into the direction that Spongebob Squarepants went into after the first movie. Think about it, after season 4 of Spongebob, the show started getting worse and worse. This is evident of episodes such as " A Pal for Gary", "One Course Meal", "Squid's Visit", "Boating Buddies", and sadly many many more. Another problem is that the show itself will start of overstay its welcome in the next couple of years (provided that they decide not to can the show after the movie) and soon start to become more of an annoyance than anything. Is that something that we really want? Do we really want to see the show that we all love and cherish become something we will later hate and abhor with every fiber of our beings? Really take the time to think about it for a few minutes. If Spongebob could screw up badly, as well as damage the reputation of of an entire company, do you really think that something a lot worse couldn't befall MLP? I will admit I will be upset if the show does get canceled, but in the long run, maybe it's for the best. The only thing that we can do if that happens, is keep the legacy of Lauran Faust and MLP alive and strong. This is just my two bits on what I think. Who's to say, maybe the show will do just as well, if not better, in the later seasons. I don't know. All I can hope for is that Hasbro makes the right decision. 

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

I really, really hope the movie will be a triumphant end to FiM. I'm sad to say that for me, seasonal rot is beginning to set in. While the episodes are still enjoyable, I feel the writers already resort to very artificial, situational stupidity driven conflicts in the episodes for the most part, with only a few reaching the level of older seasons. The movie would be a great cutoff point for G4, and open the door for G4.5, or end this incarnation completely for a possible G5.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think so. Hasbro are known by their love to money. $_$

They hardly would get rid of hen who brings golden eggs.

sig-4654085.img-3634427-1-OCCcSiD.gif

That's the thing though, they don't "Get rid of it", they kill and reincarnate the hen essentially.

Look at transformers: they kill them ALL THE TIME, but they just make a new one to replace it; same thing here, Hasbro wouldn't be troubled by killing a pony show, they'd just Make G5 like they do with transformers.

I mean, Look at Transformers animated: Killed it without a thought and made Prime; killed THAT without a thought and made Robots in disguise... and now they've killed that one without a thought as well, and we'll probably have another transformers show running around in 1 year, 2 tops :P

• Brohoof 1

I am a fan of this show for just over 1 year, so I dont want it to be ended yet, too soon to me  :adorkable: I dont think the movie will be the end of FIM, maybe the story in the movie is not even a continuation of the lastest season  :orly:. Season 6 doesnt feel like a final season for me, it is just a good season to CHILLAX, not a season to wrap everything up.

=> There will be season 7, until i saw Celestia episode, there is NO final season. 

• Brohoof 1

So it seems this thread's come back to life again. Sorry I haven't been replying to any of your comments, but I think I have some extra things to add on this now that some new things have come to light. I've watched the first half of the 6th Season now, and frankly, It's not as bad as everyone's saying it is to me, don't get me wrong, bad episodes stuck out like a sore thumb, but I wouldn't call Season 6 a bad last season from what I've seen, nor do I think the show is diminishing in quality, though let's be honest, It's not at It's best right now, no Season has topped 4 for me, and likely never will. What I'm saying is after evaluating the current situation with the show and looking at how Hasbro have an easy way out with the movie if things do go sour with the fanbase, I'll still stick to my guns and say there should be a Season 7 after the movie, and then a while later they should start up a new show to replace Friendship Is Magic... But the reason I was stressing out over the movie possibly being the end is, well, I've grown attached to the show, with the settings, stories and characters, the unforgettable memories I've made with it... It'd break my heart to see it go. But all good things come to an end.

I'm currently talking on a Canternet chatroom, and people are telling me that the 2017 film is just evidence that the series will continue. 

But personally, I think that it'll mark the end, and here is why.

A lot of times in cartoons for little kids (or in any series), a movie is supposed to be a big deal.

Since they decided on having a movie before even deciding what the movie is about, I think this hints at something.

MLP has never been a stateless show, and is always moving on. I think they intend to use the "big bang" of this movie to squeeze out the last few ounces of money before they stop making episodes so they can *only* sell toys.

Sounds complicated, but works for me. Anypony agree?

EDIT : They told me you guys are incompetent. I disagree.

Edited by DerpyFIM4
  • Brohoof 1

I'm currently talking on a Canternet chatroom, and people are telling me that the 2017 film is just evidence that the series will continue. 

But personally, I think that it'll mark the end, and here is why.

A lot of times in cartoons for little kids (or in any series), a movie is supposed to be a big deal.

Since they decided on having a movie before even deciding what the movie is about, I think this hints at something.

MLP has never been a stateless show, and is always moving on. I think they intend to use the "big bang" of this movie to squeeze out the last few ounces of money before they stop making episodes so they can *only* sell toys.

Sounds complicated, but works for me. Anypony agree?

EDIT : They told me you guys are incompetent. I disagree.

The way you say that makes it sound like they do this show entirely for the money. Now It's true that money is a fundamental part of the process, but you can't say the fate of MLP entirely revolves around it. Lauren Faust had a vision, and brought it to life, she wasn't just doing it for the money, and that creative idea still lives on through the rest of the people behind it and It's new creator, it makes me wonder why she left the show in the first place. Point is, It's not really fair to judge whether they'll keep doing the show or not on whether they'll make any money off of it.

• Brohoof 1