Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think The Movie Will Mark The End Of Friendship Is Magic?

OmegaBeamOfficial

• 2 months later...

Nah I don't think it'll happen since the show already has a season 7 on the way and a season 8 coming soon on 2018 so don't worry about that... I mean there's always the possibility of the show just randomly stopping but I highly doubt it tbh

• Brohoof 2

I'd be fine with the movie being the intro to Gen V

The current characters have worn out their welcome and the writers have started butchering their characterization for the sake of the plot as far back as Season 5, which means it's time for a new cast of main characters

• Brohoof 2

I'd be fine with the movie being the intro to Gen V

The current characters have worn out their welcome and the writers have started butchering their characterization for the sake of the plot as far back as Season 5, which means it's time for a new cast of main characters

Transformers G1 tried that and got a huge backlash.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro payed for 10 seasons already, so no. ._.

It's been confirmed the show will continue.

OK, I don't reply to this topic often anymore, but I just wanna point out I originally made this post LONG before this was confirmed, I still feel it was up for questioning back then.

Transformers G1 tried that and got a huge backlash.

He said a new cast of main characters, not killing off the old ones.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, well you gotta look at it from Hasbro's point of view: money. What will keep the little girl's attention so we can keep making money? Well, obviously they'd NEVER cancel the show! MLP is making WAY to much money to stop now, but the movie does seem to be a very pivotal point in the show. After season 7 airs, which i'm pretty sure will help lead up to the movie and deal with that Queen Chrysalis cliff hanger, the movie might just help to change the direction of the show. Perhaps we'll get a show about the CMC, or maybe even about Starlight Glimmer. It really is too soon to tell, but I don't think this marks the end of MLP. Merely a new beginning.

Edited by Rhapsody
  • Brohoof 2

Okay, well you gotta look at it from Hasbro's point of view: money. What will keep the little girl's attention so we can keep making money? Well, obviously they'd NEVER cancel the show! MLP is making WAY to much money to stop now, but the movie does seem to be a very pivotal point in the show. After season 7 airs, which i'm pretty sure will help lead up to the movie and deal with that Queen Chrysalis cliff hanger, the movie might just help to change the direction of the show. Perhaps we'll get a show about the CMC, or maybe even about Starlight Glimmer. It really is too soon to tell, but I don't think this marks the end of MLP. Merely a new beginning.

Or they'll place their bets on Hanazuki, their first totally new product for girls in over a decade, which is already attracting a following of those who already liked MLP. Heck, it's getting a short attached to the movie if what we learned at this year's Toy Fair is any indicator.

• Brohoof 2

I saw some statuses that Season 8 has been confirmed, which would kill the theory. Is this confirmed in any way?

I have no idea. Frankly, season 7 and the movie are as far as I know the franchise will continue for now.

• Brohoof 2

OK, so having just found out about the movie last night, I started thinking a bit. It's kind of odd that after so many years of sticking with the TV Series, you'd have expected something like this to have been made sooner. But why only now, after a full 6 Seasons and a Spin Off movie series, an IOS and Android game, tons of merchandise etc., did they decide to make a movie out of it? My theory is that they wanted to make the movie from the beginning, planning to use it as the grand finale of G4 when It's decided that the franchise has run It's course. What do you guys think?

Hasbro is a corporation. As long as G4 is making them money they aren't going to end it. Besides the point of releasing the movie is to get everyone hyped for mlp.

I saw some statuses that Season 8 has been confirmed, which would kill the theory. Is this confirmed in any way?

I have no idea. Frankly, season 7 and the movie are as far as I know the franchise will continue for now.

I really have no idea why I still get people coming onto this topic, It's long been disproven and outdated. I get the point OK? I was wrong.

I really have no idea why I still get people coming onto this topic, It's long been disproven and outdated. I get the point OK? I was wrong.

This isn't a personal attack or anything. It's just a continuing topic of conversation.

• Brohoof 1

I believe you're referring to this. But anything could happen. If, for instance, this series no longer turned out to be profitable, the plug could be pulled and any seasons in development nipped at the bud.

• Brohoof 1

I believe you're referring to this. But anything could happen. If, for instance, this series no longer turned out to be profitable, the plug could be pulled and any seasons in development nipped at the bud.

If season 8 is happening it's being developed already. And Hasbro would want to have a series after the movie to capitalize on the new interest. Even if there was a dip in merchandising this year (when there is no reason to be when Hasbro ups the marketing and merchandising for the film) season 8 would still happen since Hasbro would hope that after the film there is more interest and by the time the film comes out season 8 would be so far in the progress it could not be canceled.

• Brohoof 1

Essentially what I was going to post but you beat me to it.

I cant imagine Hasbro "ending" this golden goose. They've stumbled onto lightning in a bottle and if I were them I would milk this ride until its dry bones. While im sure the writers view their work as more of an art and so would like to end the show on a high note I DOUBT Hasbro would ever agree to that knowing there's still money to be vacuumed out of kids and adult children's pockets.

• Brohoof 1