Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst types of achievements/trophies in games

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

equirement is literally to play against someone who has the achievement to get it. Problem being that Brutal Legend wasn't as popular as they wanted it to be and the multiplayer was dead a year after the game came out.
How did anyone get it in the first place tho? like if no one has it at the start how could you even get it?

How did anyone get it in the first place tho? like if no one has it at the start how could you even get it?

Either they auto-inserted it into a few people's profiles and/or the developers themselves played the multiplayer with the achievement on their profiles to get it circulating.

• Brohoof 1

I can't believe no one (including myself :P ) mentioned that one multiplayer achievement in Brutal Legend. The requirement is literally to play against someone who has the achievement to get it. Problem being that Brutal Legend wasn't as popular as they wanted it to be and the multiplayer was dead a year after the game came out.

I know a game kinda like that. Fracture requires you to play something like two thousand matches in each multiplayer online mode or something. They severely overestimated how popular the game was gonna be.

There was one of those for GTA IV on XBox and PS3. called "Gamed with Fame" or something that required you to be in the same lobby as a Game dev or someone that had the achievement...somehow I managed to get it. Since, GTA IV online wasn't all that big compared to how popular GTA V Online is.

There was one of those for GTA IV on XBox and PS3. called "Gamed with Fame" or something that required you to be in the same lobby as a Game dev or someone that had the achievement...somehow I managed to get it. Since, GTA IV online wasn't all that big compared to how popular GTA V Online is.

I imagine GTA4 was popular enough for it. That's a game series even the casual crowd plays and you know how they can be with online stuff. :P

For me, it would be 2 kinds of achievements: The "Do this thing you would do anyway" ones, and the super-grindy ones.

I understand the "Do this thing you'd do anyway" ones are used by devs to track how far players get in the game (like 78% of our players beat level 2), but they still feel very underwhelming.

Super-grindy ones, like "Kill 10,000 enemies using this specific attack" or "Win 1000 games in multiplayer", I'm not fond of either. They just feel tedious and not fun to do. The worst one of these that I've seen was "Kill 100,000 enemies" in an FPS game, which basically meant "Play the game 10 times without missing an enemy or exploit using quicksaves & the insta-kill weapon". Not fun times. :P

• Brohoof 1

Multiplayer Trophies. Not everyone wants to play MP and some games MP are total useless and barely played. And sooner or later the severs go off and then good bye platinum.

Luck Trophies. You know, those trophies where you have to do something over and over again until you get what needed to unlock it.

Self-kill trophies. Seriously? Hey dude, you died 50 times in our game, awesome, get the trophy! Reminds me of COD WaW where you have to die 50 times or so without reachingthe next checkpoint ... not that hard on Veteran XD Or Killzone 2: Kill yourself and 2 enemies with a grenade.

Bugged Trophies. Definitlyy the worse of every trophy, fullfilling the requirements but still not getting it.

For me, it would be 2 kinds of achievements: The "Do this thing you would do anyway" ones, and the super-grindy ones.

I understand the "Do this thing you'd do anyway" ones are used by devs to track how far players get in the game (like 78% of our players beat level 2), but they still feel very underwhelming.

Super-grindy ones, like "Kill 10,000 enemies using this specific attack" or "Win 1000 games in multiplayer", I'm not fond of either. They just feel tedious and not fun to do. The worst one of these that I've seen was "Kill 100,000 enemies" in an FPS game, which basically meant "Play the game 10 times without missing an enemy or exploit using quicksaves & the insta-kill weapon". Not fun times. :P

Star. Ocean. 4.

The game takes a minimum of three playthroughs, following an in-depth walkthrough to the letter, to get all of the trophies. :P