Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FlareGun45

(edited)

This is an old post, brahs! I see what his two episodes are! ;)

Warning: This is a long detailed post. If you want the tl;dr version, head-on (apply directly to the forehead) to the bottom of the post, and it'll tell you my point of this post! ;)

Remember Gauntlet of Fire? You know how awesome that episode is? I mean I know some of you didn't like it because it felt rushed, but I enjoyed it very much! Some of you think it was his first good episode. He had other good episodes! But we all have our own perspectives.

But did you know after the episode aired, Big Jim gave us this amazing message on Twitter?

post-11493-0-23717200-1468273610.png

That means he has not one, but TWO more episodes this season! Pretty much just like season 4! Also as of lately, Spike's been doing an awesome job! I mean, yeah, he's still comic-relief, but that won't change in all episodes he doesn't star in - someone's gotta make the snarky jokes, sarcasm, and pointing out cliches. But in episodes he DOES star in, he's been doing a whole lot better!

Yeah I'm rambling again, so I'll get to the point. He's got two more episodes this season, and I have no idea how good or bad they'll be, but I do know they're happening, and it really excites me for the second half of the season! If the writers keep up with Spike like how he was in The Crystalling and Gauntlet of Fire, these might be really awesome episodes!

So after seeing the sneak peek lists of what the second half of the season's episodes might be, I found two episodes that got me thinking Spike's gonna star in them. Both of these are from sneak peek list #2.

Episode 21 - Every Little Thing She Does: That references the song by The Police "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic", so it must be either Twilight, Rarity, and/or Starlight. I also had the feeling that this magic must be some type of friendship or relationship! What I'm hoping for is that, well since we see how Twilight and Starlight get along as teacher and student, I'd really like to see how Starlight and Spike get along without a friendship lesson with somepony else getting in the way!

They really got along very well in The Crystalling, and an episode starring mostly the two would be awesome to see! Like Starlight would give Spike the friendship that Twilight's friends have never given him! Would've been nice to see Fluttershy and Spike have that connection since they got along very well in the first episode in the series, and I wonder what happened to that. So Starlight's the next best choice!

This episode could be a good advantage to giving Spike character development that involves his perspectives changing a bit, like that his friendships don't have to always involve being an assistant, and that he should just relax and have fun with friends of his own once in a while. Just because he's Twilight's assistant doesn't mean he has to always be with her, or the Mane Six. Starlight and Spike have alot in common, and when the Mane Six are out in their adventures, Spike isn't alone in the castle anymore! Plus Spike would have development from a character that's NOT Twilight or Rarity! ;) I know alot of you like Spike with those two, and you have the right to, but Spike does need episodes with characters that are not them.

Sparity lovers, avoid this paragraph! 

I'm also hoping for this to be the episode where Spike's crush of Rarity officially ends. I know some of you don't want to hear this, but the writers are probably never going to give any of the main characters a relationship (other than in EG, but EG is ew anyway). So if it were the case that Spike and Rarity are never going to be a thing, the next best thing: drop the crush. It isn't going anywhere. I don't wanna see Spike do constant favors for Rarity cause he thinks they're gonna be a thing in the future. Sometimes Rarity takes it too far. I can already see in these past episodes that Spike's crush on her is fading away slowly. He hasn't had popping hearts since Castle Sweet Castle! No, I'm not saying Spike and Rarity can't be friends. Of course that should continue! Just, you know, not the crush; and Starlight could help Spike see that it isn't going anywhere. Whether Spike gets a new crush on Starlight or some(pony/dragon) else, I really don't care about that. Just stop the crush.

Episode 22 - Pony POV: I'll try to make this one short. Basically I believe this might be an episode where Spike wants to be a pony for a day. Why? Well, he would believe that he isn't getting enough respect as a dragon than he would be as a pony; plus he doesn't experience something that other ponies are really thrilled to have: a cutie mark. How do you think he feels about never being able to get one? Well, it isn't worrying him right now, but maybe that's because he never realized it.

With the help of Zecora, Spike would get a potion for him to turn into a pony for just one day so he could experience everything he could never do as a dragon. Of course his friends feel uneasy about it, and Spike does love being a dragon and wishes he could just be accepted as one, but perhaps he'll feel he doesn't have a choice. Of course the CMCs would help him get his cutie mark.

In the end, the moral is: don't worry about what others think of you. Be happy of what you are! Also... as a bonus in the end... could something from Spike's pony form be permanent? ;)

Anyway, I apologize for this loooooooooong post, but what I really wanted to tell you about these ideas I have! Another thing I want to know is what you think these two episodes are about! Gimmie anything! :D

tl;dr

Spike has two more confirmed episodes this season. What do you think they're gonna be about?

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I was gonna say. "Every Little Thing She Does" really sounds like it could be Sparity

PPOV could mean anything, Spike turning into a pony sounds like a great premise. Of course it could also mean "Pinkie Point of View"

• Brohoof 1

The termination of Sparity is one of the last items on my pony bucket list. For character development I want it to end through Spike growing out of his crush instead of Rarity letting him down. Having that crush evolve into a close friendship is the more healthy route and places Spike on more mature footing. It could also be one of his big moments in the show if handled right.

Also PPOV means Personal Point of View... so you may be on to something there.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

The termination of Sparity is one of the last items on my pony bucket list. For character development I want it to end through Spike growing out of his crush instead of Rarity letting him down. Having that crush evolve into a close friendship is the more healthy route and places Spike on more mature footing. It could also be one of his big moments in the show if handled right.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for! He would get tired of her, instead of her dumping him, and maybe Starlight would help him out to see that. I mean, Spike wouldn't take it very well at first, obviously, but maybe in a way, he always knew she didn't like him back IN THAT WAY, and was in denial the whole time, and he would feel better. Of course, like you said, it would evolve to a close friendship of mutual understanding. But this is all of what I think might happen. None of it's confirmed.

Edited by MegaSean45

(edited)

Spike has two more confirmed episodes this season. What do you think they're gonna be about?

I had to go look back through all the old messages to find the topic where you had us post our predicted plots for the leaked episode lists (for some reason, my post to that thread doesn't show up in "My Content", hmm).

I somehow missed putting a second Spike episode in the list that included "PPOV", so I like your idea that this could be a Spike transformation episode. (Honestly I thought that was what was going to happen in "Princess Spike". Considering what kind of episode we got, it should have, lol!) Just as long as he changes back and doesn't decide being a pony is somehow "better", since it would send a terrible message to kids IMO. Spike is coolest as a caring-yet-kick-ass dragon. >=)

I guess it might be fun to list the likelihood for each of the episode in the first list that haven't had their premises revealed as to whether they might be the Spike episodes or not (yeah bear with me I'm pretty much pulling these odds out of my backside with just some minimal analysis (Hah, yeah I put the 'anal' in 'analysis!' XD )

The Times Are a Changeling - 25%: More likely an ensemble episode, though it would be really cool if it was Spike who (being the oddball species in Ponyville) befriends a changeling and has to convince the others to accept him/her/it. (EDIT: Now 100% since this is a confirmed Spike episode, though the locale is The Crystal Empire!)

Dungeons and Discords - 15%: Also most likely an ensemble from the title and also unlikely because Spike never gets paired with Discord. (Wow, go fig - they friggin' paired Spike with Discord -and- Big Mac! 100% probability now, thought not sure if this is a Spike-centric ep yet.)

Buckball Season - 30%: This still seems like a Big Mac ep, but it has a higher chance of being one of the Spike episodes than some of the others since we know Spike is into sports.

Viva Las Pegasus - 10%: This reads so much like a map episode, and Spike just can't do map episodes - at least not unless he does get a cutie mark. But then this would have to appear after "PPOV".

Every Little Thing She Does - 90%: This not only screams "Spike episode" but an actual honest-to-goodness canonized shipping/anti-shipping episode as well, and with Spike being the only main male character in the show I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if this isn't one of them. (EDIT: Dropped to 50% due to Spike appearing in two previous second-half-season episodes. Still hoping though...)

PPOV - 50%: I originally thought this could be a documentary style episode, but the comments from others have swayed my opinion. It would be a little strange though to have back-to-back Spike episodes, though. Admittedly, we did get that in a way with "Inspiration Manifestation" and "Equestria Games", even though the former was as much about Rarity as it was about Spike. (EDIT: Now down to 25% due to previous appearances.)

Where the Apple Lies - 10%: Very unlikely to be a Spike episode, unless he's paired off with Apple Bloom (which would be rather neat). But I doubt it.

Top Bolt - 5%: Totally screams Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts again. Like I posted in the other thread, I see Dash getting offered team co-captain with some pain thrown in if she says yes. While it would be awesome to get a Dash/Spike pairing episode before the end of the series, I don't see how he could help her out with her big decision.

To Where and Back Again - 1%: Season (series? D= ) finale. Not gonna be a Spike episode although he could figure significantly if he is tasked with bringing the dragons in to help fight Chrysalis.

I didn't include "The Fault in Our Cutie Marks" because I believe aspects of that plot have already been revealed, along with the other three that have appeared on Zap2It.

Of course, Jim only said a "couple" and wasn't specific. Maybe we'll get three or four instead of two?  :D (Yeah I know, not likely.  :lol: )
Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 2

Of course, Jim only said a "couple" and wasn't specific. Maybe we'll get three or four instead of two?  :D (Yeah I know, not likely.  :lol: )

HA! One can wish! But couple only means two. "A few" means three or four, so if he said "a few", then that would be the case, but he said a "couple", so it's two, which is good enough for me! ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why do i get the feeling that the "Every Little Thing She Does" episode might actually be another example the infamous "shrinking episode" archetype? As in somepony gets shrunk? I'd be relieved if it isn't, lol.

Edited by MovieLord101

From what I heard about The Times Are a Changeling and Dungeons and Discords, as well as how Gauntlet of Fire ended up being, it seems that season 6 will be a really great season for Spike.

(edited)

From what I heard about The Times Are a Changeling and Dungeons and Discords, as well as how Gauntlet of Fire ended up being, it seems that season 6 will be a really great season for Spike.

It sure is! See? I told you guys he would improve right before the season started! Just gotta let the writers know they're writing him wrong sometimes. Now they're writing him right! Now all there's missing is a musical number, and Spike's golden!

Edited by MegaSean45

Now all there's missing is a musical number, and Spike's golden!

I would still like to see closure on his relationship with Rarity, since that's one of his major story arcs they've let hanging out there. (The other being his origins, although the mobile MLP game did give out some info that Spike was found as an orphaned egg and he wasn't poached or anything like that by Celestia. Hmm, poached dragon eggs? Sounds yummy. ;) )

So I'm hoping "Dungeons and Discords", while featuring Spike, isn't a Spike-centric episode; certainly not like how "Gauntlet of Fire" was and "Every Little Thing She Does" is the remaining Spike episode this season after "The Times are a Changeling."

I would still like to see closure on his relationship with Rarity, since that's one of his major story arcs they've let hanging out there. (The other being his origins, although the mobile MLP game did give out some info that Spike was found as an orphaned egg and he wasn't poached or anything like that by Celestia. Hmm, poached dragon eggs? Sounds yummy. ;) )

So I'm hoping "Dungeons and Discords", while featuring Spike, isn't a Spike-centric episode; certainly not like how "Gauntlet of Fire" was and "Every Little Thing She Does" is the remaining Spike episode this season after "The Times are a Changeling."

Hey, I'm willing to wait another season for a wrap-up on that arc! Everything that's happening to him this season is pretty much making me satisfied! Let's not have all the Spike satisfactions at once. It'll keep me wanting more! If I don't want more, then... that would make the show a lot more boring for me. I can wait till season 7 for that.

I can wait till season 7 for that.

Once (and if) they confirm season 7 for certain then I'll relax that requirement. Until then, I'm pushing for every major story arc to get wrapped up this season in FiM. :) 

Once (and if) they confirm season 7 for certain then I'll relax that requirement. Until then, I'm pushing for every major story arc to get wrapped up this season in FiM. :)

I'm almost certain season 7's coming. Why? Cause if this was the last season, Hasbro, or somebody from DHX would've said so already. ;)

• Brohoof 3

I'm almost certain season 7's coming. Why? Cause if this was the last season, Hasbro, or somebody from DHX would've said so already. ;)

Agreed. I'm sure they'll mention it at SDCC next week. If it was ending now, we'd know.

• Brohoof 2

Agreed. I'm sure they'll mention it at SDCC next week. If it was ending now, we'd know.

I like this optimism! Have some brohoofs!

It would be funny if the very next episode, "Buckball Season," also ended up pairing Spike with Big Mac. That would mean back-to-back Big Mac episodes and back-to-back-to-back Spike episodes. Not likely, so I guess it could be AJ as the Buckball fan/player?

• Brohoof 1

In this season Spike has already made new friends with Starlight and Ember. And now with this changeling and Discord and we will see him interacting with Big Mac when it was only mentioned before. Before this season he becically has had great interaction only with Twilight, Rarity and Applejack and little with rest of mane 6, the CMC, pets and couple other charcaters like Cadence and Garble. So it is wonderfull and neened he gets better interactions already.

And these episodes sound really good on their own, not just for Spike episodes. And while Gauntlet of Fire was predictable it was entertaining and good for Spike too. So this looks like a season for Spike like the last was for CMC (4 episodes of some type for them, overall Cutie Mark theme and character development). So this was neened.

I agree with some person above (sorry do not recall who said that) but Sparity still would neened to be terminated. But I do not know how that could really happen without him getting a other crush which I do not want or Rarity doing something he dislikes. And there has been less Sparity every season anyway I feel so maybe it could just be quietly stopped. Imonthe best would be Rarity getting a love interest and Spike being fine with it but I can not see that happening so...

In this season Spike has already made new friends with Starlight and Ember. And now with this changeling and Discord and we will see him interacting with Big Mac when it was only mentioned before. Before this season he becically has had great interaction only with Twilight, Rarity and Applejack and little with rest of mane 6, the CMC, pets and couple other charcaters like Cadence and Garble. So it is wonderfull and neened he gets better interactions already.

Congratulations Spike, you're the new Princess of Friendship. (Yeah I never get tired of using that line. XD )

One thing interesting is how "The Times are a Changeling" is similar to "Gauntlet of Fire" in its core premise, except instead of trying to convince someone to be friends with him (Ember) this time he has to convince others that he and this changeling can be friends. Really deep stuff, and Spike is a good vehicle to present it through.

Congratulations Spike, you're the new Princess of Friendship. (Yeah I never get tired of using that line. XD )

One thing interesting is how "The Times are a Changeling" is similar to "Gauntlet of Fire" in its core premise, except instead of trying to convince someone to be friends with him (Ember) this time he has to convince others that he and this changeling can be friends. Really deep stuff, and Spike is a good vehicle to present it through.

I agree. This could be a more solid and cohesive moral about racism. Bridle Gossip fumbled the ball a little for two reasons, one being a lack of investment and empathy in the position the Mane Six as the audience had no emotional ties to Zebras. This is the issue with you introduce a new species while simultaneously setting up a racism story.

With the Changelings, you have a reason to understand why some may be reluctant to accept that Changelings can be friends to Ponies. Even if we disagree, it rings as less hollow a resistance.

Spike as a voice of reason is also more powerful than a undeveloped AB. For one Spike would be the perfect vessel for explaining this moral as he is proof that a previously misunderstood and feared species can be an ally and friend.

It looks like this is a second go at Bridle Gossip, but by using Changelings and Spike it may be a much better way of telling this particular moral.

• Brohoof 3

I doubt it'll happen this season, but I still wish we'd get a Spike and Rainbow Dash duo episode, even if it just consists of them bonding over their love of messing with Twilight

I agree. This could be a more solid and cohesive moral about racism. Bridle Gossip fumbled the ball a little for two reasons, one being a lack of investment and empathy in the position the Mane Six as the audience had no emotional ties to Zebras. This is the issue with you introduce a new species while simultaneously setting up a racism story.

With the Changelings, you have a reason to understand why some may be reluctant to accept that Changelings can be friends to Ponies. Even if we disagree, it rings as less hollow a resistance.

Spike as a voice of reason is also more powerful than a undeveloped AB. For one Spike would be the perfect vessel for explaining this moral as he is proof that a previously misunderstood and feared species can be an ally and friend.

It looks like this is a second go at Bridle Gossip, but by using Changelings and Spike it may be a much better way of telling this particular moral.

I've been so focused on these new episodes I forgot about "Bridle Gossip" tackling the ponies preconceptions about zebras. I agree wholeheartedly, and also add that episode's message is diluted slightly by the conflict centering around the effects the Poison Joke had on the Mane 6. I suppose it's no accident that both episodes feature kids as the ones who see through the stereotypes.

I will be cheering loudly if Spike helps alleviate some of the fear among his friends and crystal fans if he gives a speech along these lines:

"You ponies - you all treated me as a friend, even though you know how dangerous dragons can be. Twilight, especially you - you and your family took me into your home, not knowing what trouble a fire-breathing, diamond-chewing baby dragon might cause. And you of all ponies know I did become dangerous that one time on my birthday, and yet you all remained my friend, even after I terrorized Ponyville and tore the place up. If you could do that for me, don't you think you should give this changeling the same benefit of the doubt?"

If the writers do that - then I can truly say they finally understand what Spike brings to the series in terms of his character, instead of having him forever relegated to being the comedy relief. He's always been the stranger in a strange land, and is ideal for the ponies to bring their fears of other species into the light. It's also a message the world could use right now. If the episode plays it's cards right, it could win an Emmy.

Ponder that for a moment. A Spike episode with an Emmy.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

And these episodes sound really good on their own, not just for Spike episodes. And while Gauntlet of Fire was predictable it was entertaining and good for Spike too. So this looks like a season for Spike like the last was for CMC (4 episodes of some type for them, overall Cutie Mark theme and character development). So this was neened.

I agree with some person above (sorry do not recall who said that) but Sparity still would neened to be terminated. But I do not know how that could really happen without him getting a other crush which I do not want or Rarity doing something he dislikes. And there has been less Sparity every season anyway I feel so maybe it could just be quietly stopped. Imonthe best would be Rarity getting a love interest and Spike being fine with it but I can not see that happening so...

The moment Sparity dies, this board will be flooded with shippers complaining about it's death. MARK MY WORDS. It'll be called "Lilly Peet's Revenge".

That aside, I'm still dreading the possibility that "Every Little Thing She Does" might be a shrinking episode. The title suggests it.....

Edited by MovieLord101

Even though "Times are a Changeling" and "Dungeons and Discord" are Spike episodes, "Every Little Thing She Does" and "PPOV" would be amazing Spike episodes as well. I could see Spike and Starlight working together very well like they did during "The Crystalling." It would also be pretty cool in "PPOV" if Spike was turned into a Pony. It would teach a good lesson on not changing who you are and that your perfect and special just the way you are. 

It would also be pretty cool in "PPOV" if Spike was turned into a Pony. It would teach a good lesson on not changing who you are and that your perfect and special just the way you are.

This would be really good, but alas, Tabitha St. Germain revealed at SDCC last week that Rarity has an episode coming up featuring different points of view. This is likely "PPOV". I'm still curious what "Every Little Thing She Does" is about, though!