Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any possible character deaths?

asdfmovienerd39

(edited)

If any character were to be killed off it would have to be Celestia.

With how little she appears nowadays she is expendable enough that the show could easily survive without her.

But thanks to her connection with Twilight her death would have an actual emotional response to the audience.

in real life, death doesn't come for the most expendable person.

calculating who can be killed and limiting it to a list of one character isn't realistic, and could hurt the message.  

that's not to say that Celestia is a bad choice...more that it seems unnecessarily limiting.  

There are a number of important characters that would be meaningful without killing one of the main 6.

Edited by weesh

Maybe Cadance coule be murdered by a mysterious unicorn? Maybe this unicorn is possessed by Sombra's spirit and he will return? It could give a second chance to Sombra in the show, to gave him more depth :T

(edited)

Guys, please remember that this is not a Brony fanfiction. The creators are appealing this to a wider audience than just us. There will most likely be things in the film that will piss off some of the fans but you know what? You'll still eat it up.

Please don't turn into the rabid Star Wars fanboys bitching about The Force Awakens.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial
  • Brohoof 1

If any character were to be killed off it would have to be Celestia.

With how little she appears nowadays she is expendable enough that the show could easily survive without her.

But thanks to her connection with Twilight her death would have an actual emotional response to the audience.

>not a single focus episode

>replaced by a glorified coffee table

/sadface

Despite the IDW comics many flaws, the one thing I enjoy about them is they try and give celestia her proper due in importance.

At least celestia is more important than Twilight's parents; Seriously, given how Much of a mother figure she is to Twilight, celestia might as well have found twilight in an orphanage :P

• Brohoof 1

It depends how you think about it really, i mean technically you could say they killed of Sombra, but then that was not realy confirmed (although i'm not sure) so if you consider Sombra as dead then Hasbro has already killed of an MLP character. 

It depends how you think about it really, i mean technically you could say they killed of Sombra, but then that was not realy confirmed (although i'm not sure) so if you consider Sombra as dead then Hasbro has already killed of an MLP character. 

Plus death is actually a thing in Equestria, as evidenced when Sweetie Belle hops in at a funeral.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about death, but since this is supposed to be a feature film, I would expect something permanent and meaningful as its central story or consequence, and I can totally see one of the characters leaving the show.

Whatever the reason, whatever the cause (death even), it has to be worthwhile and leave an impact. One thing of that nature I'm expecting to happen eventually is to see Spike grow up.

A lot of dragons are small enough to more or less exist in Ponyville if they absolutely had to, but every time Spike grows up (twice now), he's immense. Assuming there's a natural, gradual development and that he doesn't remain a baby forever... eventually he'll be too big to live with Twilight. Because that development would be natural, rather than the result of a massive personality change - he'll care, and exile himself to keep from hurting his friends.

I can see him becoming a formidable protector of Equestria in the long run, but outside of major threats, we might not see much of him after this scenario.

Things change, and sometimes that can feel like a death. I guess my point is that they don't have to do that to make that kind of impact.

(edited)

Howe about an episode where Snips is sentenced to life in Tartarus for killing Snails? I seriously dislike both characters and would welcome this. Also, I would have loved "Rarity Investigates" to have been movie length, and have her clear Rainbow of KILLING Spitfire. Not that I hate Spitfire, but I LOVE murder mysteries. Remember, Spitfire isn't very nice. She supports a longstanding policy of bullying in the Wonderbolts, and wouldn't twitch a feather to help raise the water to Cloudsdale when Ponyville had a feather-flu epidemic. She would make a great victim for a who-done-it. Surprise twist? Fluttershy did it!

Bwa-ha-ha!

OMG! Here's a thought! While Rarity works as investigator, Ben Fetlock could be the lawyer defending Rainbow! 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Twilight fully goes down the route of Obi-Wan Kenobi. In Starlight Wars: A New Harmony, she dies in a lightsaber duel with Mark Blader (same name as an actor in Whiffleball) before becoming Starlight's spirit advisor.

5df470d983dce38dd7f4eccef46846c73e947c00

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Considering there's been no "Deaths" up til now, I highly doubt it. This isn't that kind of show. You want death? Go watch Game Of Thrones...almost guaranteed that someone is gonna die in every episode. (actually I think all except 2-3 episodes have deaths)

Edited by Flutter Baby <3

I think that sweetiebelle will die i don't know how but it doesn't matter but rarity would be a wreck and just be depressed but twilight has the idea to resurrect sweediebelle but to do so they must find the necroponeicon an ancient tome of dark magic said to contain the power to raise the dead and so they quest forth going to find the tome the journey takes 4 years but finally after asking around all over equestria and going to the lost ancient city called ponepa they go into the temple and they must face the challenge of the gods over the 4 years the mane 6 has changed pinkie has quit partying she found there is nothing more exciting than the thrill of the kill, rainbow dash lost a wing when she got shot down when she was trying to catch a thief, applejack lost an eye, spike became useful, twilight went blind, and raritys hands got cut off and replaced with cybernetic enhancements. they each do there own trials spike saves everyone life by desus ex machina then they get the necroponeicon they try to resurect sweetiebelle but her corpse is literally a skeleton so they just make a robot sweetiebot and now everything is the same except sweetie belle is a robot and the mane 6 had to cast some dark spells to go bakc to there normal selfs thats it i just basically explained that sweetiebelle will die and now sweetiebot is real also i may be 1000% sarcastic 

I don't think anypony will die (though it sure would be interesting, I do love some sad themes in a cartoon), but not even somewhat darker shows have characters deaths (Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall).

If anypony did die, it would probably be a character introduced in the movie, I don't think they'd kill of any of the already existing characters.

If they tackle death, I really hope that they don't make it a character that no one knows.  that would seem like a cop-out, and would take a lot of strength out of the impact.  I'd rather they explore the death of a beloved long term character, or no one at all. 

I don't think so. But if it does happen, I think it'd probably be like the end of Harry Potter. You know, a come-back-to-life through magic thing. I don't think Hasbro would kill off a main character if they were going to stay dead. *shiver*

(edited)

I think losing Pinkie or Rainbow Dash would be the most heartbreaking out of all the mane 6 deaths

I'd be cheering for Dash to have a horrible accident

I'd only be sad about Pinkie dying because she's a better Princess of Friendship than Twilight

Edited by The Nth Doctor

Hopefully they've learned their lesson

sig-4606435.333507__safe_twilight%20spar

Eh, that was then, the shock of characters dying is what it was back then though.

Remember that they viciously tore Ratchet to pieces in the last transformers movie after all.

(edited)

Eh, that was then, the shock of characters dying is what it was back then though.

Remember that they viciously tore Ratchet to pieces in the last transformers movie after all.

Except that was a war movie... technically. And Ratchet isn't Optimus Prime. And the live action Transformer movies are pg-13.

Edited by heavens-champion

(edited)

I doubt it I don't even know if death is canon in mlp off the top of my head. With that said I personally hope that there will be at least some death, when a character dies in a show it makes the whole show feel more real and meaningful to me.

Edited by 5rAce