Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any possible character deaths?

asdfmovienerd39

I doubt it I don't even know if death is canon in mlp off the top of my head. With that said I personally hope that there will be at least some death, when a character dies in a show it makes the whole show feel more real and meaningful to me.

we've seen a funeral (hearts and hooves day ep), and its been strongly implied that AJ's parents are dead (we saw pictures of them).

i don't hope for death...that seems a bit grisly...but I would be interested to see how the show handles it.  

Ok thanks I remember now. I also remember how sad "Tanks for the Memories" was despite no one actually dying if they handled it like that I would start crying but honestly I kinda like it when shows make me cry... take that as you will.

hrrrr.. i kinda don't like death scenes :(

That is exactly the point (when done well).

We aren't supposed to LIKE death...

But there are core engagements to stories and other media beyond joy.

A story can be engaging as all hell, but not enjoyable.  

These moments often change us for the better.

But it is kinda strange to LIKE them.  

(edited)

It seems very unlikely and a bad idea to kill of a main character. Due to it being a children's show, I seriously doubt it. Possibly a villain, but even then.

I'd be cheering for Dash to have a horrible accident

How could you :angry: Edited by Namae

I really don't think they would, unless it would be off screen in some flash forward to the future or something. MLP just doesn't seem like the franchise to pull a 'Transformers' on.

I'm guess that they could bring up the issue when dealing with Applejack's parents. I'm not going to rule out the possibility of Granny Smith passing away at old age. There are plenty of kids who can relate to grandparents passing away during their (the kids') youth. Granny Smith can be handled in a classy, dignified manner. At least that's what I think.

• Brohoof 2

Death is a part of life kids are and we have had tree of them. So it would be good I feel. But I do not think it will happen. New character for the film is the most likely with Celesta. Granny Smith would not be plot relevant enough to make sense.

Howe about an episode where Snips is sentenced to life in Tartarus for killing Snails? I seriously dislike both characters and would welcome this. Also, I would have loved "Rarity Investigates" to have been movie length, and have her clear Rainbow of KILLING Spitfire. Not that I hate Spitfire, but I LOVE murder mysteries. Remember, Spitfire isn't very nice. She supports a longstanding policy of bullying in the Wonderbolts, and wouldn't twitch a feather to help raise the water to Cloudsdale when Ponyville had a feather-flu epidemic. She would make a great victim for a who-done-it. Surprise twist? Fluttershy did it!

Bwa-ha-ha!

OMG! Here's a thought! While Rarity works as investigator, Ben Fetlock could be the lawyer defending Rainbow!

OMG Spitfire did not just support that! I like your way of thinking LOL

I think that sweetiebelle will die i don't know how but it doesn't matter but rarity would be a wreck and just be depressed but twilight has the idea to resurrect sweediebelle but to do so they must find the necroponeicon an ancient tome of dark magic said to contain the power to raise the dead and so they quest forth going to find the tome the journey takes 4 years but finally after asking around all over equestria and going to the lost ancient city called ponepa they go into the temple and they must face the challenge of the gods over the 4 years the mane 6 has changed pinkie has quit partying she found there is nothing more exciting than the thrill of the kill, rainbow dash lost a wing when she got shot down when she was trying to catch a thief, applejack lost an eye, spike became useful, twilight went blind, and raritys hands got cut off and replaced with cybernetic enhancements. they each do there own trials spike saves everyone life by desus ex machina then they get the necroponeicon they try to resurect sweetiebelle but her corpse is literally a skeleton so they just make a robot sweetiebot and now everything is the same except sweetie belle is a robot and the mane 6 had to cast some dark spells to go bakc to there normal selfs thats it i just basically explained that sweetiebelle will die and now sweetiebot is real also i may be 1000% sarcastic

Uhh are you serious when writing this? I cant stop laughing lol Edited by LyricaDreamy
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
(edited)

I think some of you are forgetting MLP is geared primarily towards children, and children don't exactly do well with graphic death scenes. The likelihood of a main character getting killed off in MLP is very small. 

Edited by asdfmovienerd39

• 1 month later...

highly, Highly, HIGHLY doubt there would be any main characters deaths in the show plus i don't want anybody to die (unless if it’s a really evil character)

but if I would make a guess who could kick the bucket

Celestia and Luna- sacrificing themselves to save Equestria and passing down their magic onto Twilight and Cadence

Granny Smith-dying due to old age/natural causes

Shining Armor- is overpowered by a powerful threat, out a magic and his horn broken, he shields himself to save his love ones.

Applejack,Rarity,Rainbow Dash- AJ is killed by a bounty hunter hired by  xenophobic members of both the Apple and Pear Clan, Rarity being murdered by a  jealous fashion rival and RD is killed in air battle by a superior flying pegasus. Before their deaths they all 3 manage to transfer their magic to the little sisters,( applebloom receiving  AJ’s strength , Sweetie Bell inheriting Rarity’s fashion skills and gem-finding spells, and Scootaloo inheriting RD’s flying abilities and weather manipulation).The CMC, along with Spike and the remaining mane 3, seek to avenge their sister’s death by slaying the murderers.  

Queen Chrysalis- slain by either the Mane 6, Celestia and Luna, or Cadence, Shining and Flurry 

Mane 6 and the Pillars- both groups are slain by the Big Bad but not before transferring all the magic to the Student 6 in order for them to vanquish the Final Boss once and for all

Tirek,Grogar and the rest of ancient evils -vanquished by our heroes once and for all or are absorb the Tree of Harmony.

Twilight Sparkle- Scenario 1: Equestria is magic has been drain of its magic by the Big Bad, who is then defeated by The Mane 6. Although He/She is gone for good, so is the magic the villain stole, so  Twilight casts a spell that restores the land of horses (and other creatures) to its former glory but at the cost of her lifespan.

Scenario 2:The planet in on the brink of destruction Twilight teleports everyone to a different dimension and battles the final villain on her own. The villain has been defeated and Twilight teleports away .Twilight manages to find her friends but quickly succumbs to her wounds, she tells her nakama (Japanese word for friend or comrade) one final goodbye and her soul descends to the heavens, eventually reincarnated into a new star.

26 minutes ago, twilightsparkle87 said:

highly, Highly, HIGHLY doubt there would be any main characters deaths in the show plus i don't want anybody to die (unless if it’s a really evil character)

but if I would make a guess who could kick the bucket

Celestia and Luna- sacrificing themselves to save Equestria and passing down their magic onto Twilight and Cadence

Granny Smith-dying due to old age/natural causes

Shining Armor- is overpowered by a powerful threat, out a magic and his horn broken, he shields himself to save his love ones.

Applejack,Rarity,Rainbow Dash- AJ is killed by a bounty hunter hired by  xenophobic members of both the Apple and Pear Clan, Rarity being murdered by a  jealous fashion rival and RD is killed in air battle by a superior flying pegasus. Before their deaths they all 3 manage to transfer their magic to the little sisters,( applebloom receiving  AJ’s strength , Sweetie Bell inheriting Rarity’s fashion skills and gem-finding spells, and Scootaloo inheriting RD’s flying abilities and weather manipulation).The CMC, along with Spike and the remaining mane 3, seek to avenge their sister’s death by slaying the murderers.  

Queen Chrysalis- slain by either the Mane 6, Celestia and Luna, or Cadence, Shining and Flurry 

Mane 6 and the Pillars- both groups are slain by the Big Bad but not before transferring all the magic to the Student 6 in order for them to vanquish the Final Boss once and for all

Tirek,Grogar and the rest of ancient evils -vanquished by our heroes once and for all or are absorb the Tree of Harmony.

Twilight Sparkle- Scenario 1: Equestria is magic has been drain of its magic by the Big Bad, who is then defeated by The Mane 6. Although He/She is gone for good, so is the magic the villain stole, so  Twilight casts a spell that restores the land of horses (and other creatures) to its former glory but at the cost of her lifespan.

Scenario 2:The planet in on the brink of destruction Twilight teleports everyone to a different dimension and battles the final villain on her own. The villain has been defeated and Twilight teleports away .Twilight manages to find her friends but quickly succumbs to her wounds, she tells her nakama (Japanese word for friend or comrade) one final goodbye and her soul descends to the heavens, eventually reincarnated into a new star.

Literally none of those at all sound like they belong to an MLP episode except Tirek, Grogar, and maybe Chrysalis. Do any of you even watch the show?

On 3/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, asdfmovienerd39 said:

Literally none of those at all sound like they belong to an MLP episode except Tirek, Grogar, and maybe Chrysalis. Do any of you even watch the show?

You were the one who made the topic in the first place and asking for what people think, and now you're saying "MLP is for kids, kids cannot handle death, these don't fit the show at all guys." From that guy's post you quoted, Celestia's sacrifice and Granny Smith's death by old age makes perfect sense. Not "graphic" but still poignant enough to tell a story or lesson about. It doesn't matter who dies necessarily or how they die (but not bloody murder ofc), death has been in kid's shows thousands of times already. Going by your logic I'd say Mufasa's death was too "graphic" for kids.

8 hours ago, Odyssey said:

You were the one who made the topic in the first place and asking for what people think, and now you're saying "MLP is for kids, kids cannot handle death, these don't fit the show at all guys." From that guy's post you quoted, Celestia's sacrifice and Granny Smith's death by old age makes perfect sense. Not "graphic" but still poignant enough to tell a story or lesson about. It doesn't matter who dies necessarily or how they die (but not bloody murder ofc), death has been in kid's shows thousands of times already. Going by your logic I'd say Mufasa's death was too "graphic" for kids.

It's been, like, a year or two since I made this forum, and I've barely used this site until recently.  Apologies, I forgot I was the one that made this. And yeah, I could totally see that Granny Smith death being a thing...if they didn't cover basically the exact same thing in Tanks For The Memories.   

11 hours ago, asdfmovienerd39 said:

It's been, like, a year or two since I made this forum, and I've barely used this site until recently.  Apologies, I forgot I was the one that made this.

No pressure, it's just something I noticed is all :)