Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite genre of music?

asdfmovienerd39

(edited)

Rap/hip-hop and classic R&B.

Edited by Guest

I listen to almost everything, and it's quite hard to choose a favorite. While I would normally lean towards Rock, there is one other genre that is quite close to my heart. Traditional. Fife and drum, flutes, bagpipes. all that lot. This playlist quite effectively sums it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much anything except country music. Into edm, r&b, classical, heavy metal, grime, jazz, atmospheric, you name it... not sure why I hate country music so much. ._.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like a lot of genres, but Classical, 8 bit/Chiptune, and Pop music have to be my favorites.

Do I have a least favorite?

Well, I guess I never really cared about country music...  :huh:

Edited by iNachos10

(edited)

Based on my collection, I'd consider myself a Rock & Metal fan above all else. I do enjoy some good Pop, Prog, Alternative, Indie, Folk, Funk & Soul from time to time, Rock & Metal dominate my playlists, especially with my love for bass & guitar solos.  :squee:

Edited by Vocal Analyst
  • Brohoof 1

Why does country get so much hate  :(

Go listen to Zac Brown Band or Kenny Chesney and tell me that isn't enjoyable music!

I like most genres and will listen to anything from Delta Blues to hard rock depending on what I'm feeling at that moment. Don't really have a favorite but the genre I listen to the most is Country. 

Pop: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Sia, Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna, OneRepublic, Janet Jackson, PSY, P!nk, Britney Spears, Ellie Goulding, Cher, Shakira, Natasha Bedingfield, Lady Gaga, Meghan Trainor, Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Gwen Stefani, Avril Lavigne

Rap/Hip-Hop: Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, B.o.B, Lupe Fiasco, Twenty One Pilots, Missy Elliot, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

R&B: Whitney Houston, Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Adele, Beyoncé, Elton John, Usher

Rock: Fall Out Boy, Skillet, Evanescence, Paramore, Green Day, Panic! At The Disco, X Ambassadors, Coldplay, The Beatles, Imagine Dragons

EDM: Calvin Harris, Zedd, David Guetta, Avicii, The Chainsmokers, DJ Snake, Skrillex

Disco: ABBA, The Bee Gees

Country, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert

(edited)

Why does country get so much hate  :(

Go listen to Zac Brown Band or Kenny Chesney and tell me that isn't enjoyable music!

I like most genres and will listen to anything from Delta Blues to hard rock depending on what I'm feeling at that moment. Don't really have a favorite but the genre I listen to the most is Country. 

I tried, but sorry, it just isn't enjoyable music for me.

It's great that it is for you... But, gosh, I dislike country so much. I'm so glad I just quit my job... It means I have to hear country music a heck of a lot less! ^_^

Edited by Envy

• 2 years later...

I listen to electronic music the most, sometimes chillout, sometimes trance. ATB is a great DJ for these. :D I like a lot the recent works of Porter Robinson and Madeon.

I also like video games OST, smooth jazz, alternative rock (go The Killers!) and chillhop (Re:Plus is so great to listen to :) ).

I like to listen to pop music, though, I'm not really the music type of guy. (I prefer listening to MLP songs.)

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 3

I love rock, punk and metal. I also enjoy listening to vaporwave and music from video games.

Edited by Cash In

I like SOME modern pop as guilty pleasures, alternative, but overall it just depends, I don't sort what music I like by genre.

Favorite song: Zombie by The Cranberries.

Least favorite song: Autotuned country music.