Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology How long can you last without internet?

ManaMinori

Has anyone seen that AT&T commercial where the family's imternet goes down, and the more minutes that pass, the more the family goes crazy, to the point that they stand at the window and watch their neighbors watching online videos?

Im m most recent experience, I survived a bit over 2 months without internet, only managing to get it at public hotspots, a few hours at a time (which was every two weeks, at best). And it was pretty rough.

How long do you (or have you) Last without being online?

As sad as it may seem, going a long time without internet really bothers me. Not only is the internet my only real gateway to social interaction, it also is the home of things that I enjoy. I like to read up on things I like, watch videos relating to my hobbies and whatnot. It is like being reminded of joys in life many times over. Nowadays, if I don't have that, things feel so much worse.

If I'm away from my house for a while, for whatever reason, as rare as that event is, I can survive a while without it, a few days at least.

If I'm at home and it's down I go nuts after a few hours.

All my friends are online, so if I get cut off completely I feel kind of alone.

I'm good without internet if I'm not at my house or somewhere that I will be for a long time. If the internet goes down at my house I'll last about 0.3 seconds. If I'm at somewhere for awhile and there isn't internet I'll last about 0.1 seconds. Otherwise I normally have a book and will gladly read that.

Unless I have something else to effectively occupy my time with, the amount of time I can last without the internet can be measured in hours. I remember a few years back when my family moved and we couldn't get the internet hooked up for several days, and that started to feel like torture after a while. 

I use my phone's internet constantly o_o 

It enhances my day to day and helps me a lot. I once lasted a few weeks due to a hospitalization. It was maddening o_o 

(edited)

I can last about a day at max. Then I start to go a little... insane. I am just really glad my hotel in Italy has free wifi! It is so unbelievably boring without wifi.

Edited by Babyyoshi309

I enjoy using the internet and all that it provides.

I don't really want to have to get rid of it.

I think I could last a little bit if I have to go somewhere where there is no internet.

Since i dont really talk to People, not much changes.

Either im bored at home or im bored in the Internet.

I still would feel a little sad, but if i have games to play, then i can survive for a few weeks without Internet.

(edited)

A couple days, if I go any longer then all my YouTube subscriptions pile up and it feels like a chore catching up lol

Edited by shy0wl

Pretty long time, I mean, I still have single player things to play, I still have videos saved on my  computer I can still talk to people on the phone..so I could survive for a long time. Whenever I am offline for a longer period of time aI get always super excited to see what happened on the webs while I was gone.

Uh, well, when it goes down at my apartment, I get really agitated. I've become attached to it, and it's probably not healthy tbh.

I try to make every thursday a tech-free day.  
also, if I'm hiking or camping, I try to leave the tech behind on purpose.

I really enjoy it though, and it is how I stay connected with my alaska friends, so I don't prefer to be away for too long.  

I bet I could go a week or two and just relish the escape, but my default state is to be obsessed with it.

A couple days, if I go any longer then all my YouTube subscriptions pile up and it feels like a chore catching up lol

This got so frustrating that I just recently did a great purge.  I went from 60+ to 13, and I'm much happier!
I did add a bookmark to all the removed links in case I'm feeling nostalgic, but sometimes I only get 1-2 videos in a day now.

• Brohoof 3

This got so frustrating that I just recently did a great purge.  I went from 60+ to 13, and I'm much happier! I did add a bookmark to all the removed links in case I'm feeling nostalgic, but sometimes I only get 1-2 videos in a day now.

I should probably do the same lol.  I have well over a hundred subscriptions, but I only watch like a handful of those videos and just skim over most 

Not too long. Using the forums and playing Smash Bros online are what my days are almost all about. The only thing I do every day that doesn't involve internet is eating food, but it's boring to eat food when it's not on my table next to my bed when I'm playing Smash Bros.

I try to make every thursday a tech-free day.

For me, Thursdays in the school year are slightly the biggest focus for tech because of a Smash Club.

I could do without it completely, as I don't really do much online anyways. I like to go outside and go 'adventuring' (that thing called imagination, you know, that thing no one uses anymore..? no? ok). Though, I must admit, having the internet available is nice.

• Brohoof 1