Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if the Sirens returned?

Summer Wish

How insane would our community go? Every since 2014, the hype for this trio has gone up to 11 and then had its button ripped off the board. I like to believe we have all had our "rounds" with who is best Siren (I fell for the Taco trap on day one of the film, but was a furry orange maned rodeo ride but a week later, and for the past year, its been all about the purple butch!), and of course we all want what could just be the BEST group of villians to exist outside of the Harley/Ivy tag team or just Demona...just Demona. 

lol, I am getting off track! What kind of feels can we expect if DHX has to get desperate enough to break the Siren emergency glass?

Hi @@Summer Wish, just letting ya know the thread title was edited to better describe your topic. :)

To answer the question, I'd love to see the Sirens return, they had such great chemistry and I loved their personalities. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing them again anytime soon, if at all. :(

• Brohoof 2

The Sirens are my favorite EqG villains, and a big part of Friendship Games not having the same oomph was that it was hard to follow them up.

Magic demon creatures who sing kick ass songs, or stuck up prep school teenagers and their principal? Hmmm.....

Oh, I didn't answer the question. Yes. Bring the sirens back in some capacity. One of my first posts here was a plot I made up for the next EqG movie where they bribe the human version of Discord (who owns a magic/gag shop of course) to give them the human version of the alicorn amulet which gives them their powers back. Sigh...that would have been nice. 

I think the sirens were some of the best villions in this movies. They could manipulate people by their awesomely sinister singing and had great chemistry together. I think the only reason why they were defeated was because they were not the closest of friends. If they ever learnt the true values of friendship, but only amongst each other, they would become stronger than ever. Of course, they'd need their necklaces back. It would be interesting for the Sunset to teach them about friendship, only to invertently increase their chances of gaining control and abbusing it. Yes - I'd love to see them return. :fluttershy:

(edited)

I'd love for them to return. To be quite honest, them fleeing to the Everfree would seem like a good way to bring them back, we see crystals everywhere in the Everfree concept art, so it may be possible it's where there pendants come from. I always head cannoned that they got the pendants from Hydia, who was Human witch who was the villain of the original G1 MLP movie. Throw in Zecora as her rival and arch-enemy and we've got the villains and primary source of conflict for The Legend of Everfree.

I do think, though, that the Sirens would make good episodic villains if the series ever became a series. Since the Sirens are so old, I always figured that they would have a secret lair somewhere full of loot, resources and supplies they've gathered over their long lives, with a throne for Adagio to appease her arrogance and sense of self-importance and power.

I'd also be very interested in seeing the Sirens interact with the Shadowbolts, possibly manipulating them or taking them down a few pegs.

Edited by Evil_Emperor

The sirens are my second favorite villain(s). I would actually love a head canon episode between Chrysalis and Adagio competing for food.  I know the Sirens aren't going to be in EQG4, but if they were to return in some way, that would awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Even if my headcanon is that they died, I would still like to see them back since Adagio is my favorite villain and one of my favorite characters of the whole franchise. 

...But I would not mind if they get rid of Sonata. ._.

Edited by Fluidty

• 3 weeks later...

They were the best villain in EG, and overall on my top tier in MLP G4 in general, but I think it's better to let new villains to take the spotlight. I wouldn't mind a cameo or two however  ;)

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 2 months later...

Would you all call me mad if I wanted to see Adagio Dazzle do the Monstar transformation from Silverhawks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUe5Ugg6Iks

0:40

Adagio's design is themed on 80's Disco. Monstar is an 80's cartoon villain. Both have big poofy red hair and love spikes.

And cue the epic 80s cartoon cliches reboots. To see alot of 80s cartoon moments reappear in EG or FiM will always be welcome.

Wonder bots battle the evil forces of the Shadow coms?

• Brohoof 1

And cue the epic 80s cartoon cliches reboots. To see alot of 80s cartoon moments reappear in EG or FiM will always be welcome.

Wonder bots battle the evil forces of the Shadow coms?

I'd love to see more 80's references too. I think there was actually a Monstar reference in the Thundercats reboot. It's a shame it didn't take off.

If Adagio was to do a Monstar transformation, I'd make it because of either her pendant or something to do with the new crystal powers introduced in LoE. Come on, we can all see that the Dazzlings are coming back because of something to do with magic pendants, right?

I feel like them coming back is highly likely since the first Equestria Girls villain took center stage bringing back the Sirens could be possible. I can imagine them coming back as goons for the new villain or something. 

I feel like Aria is going to fight Adagio for leadership and Sonata will be the only one out of the three redeemed by the mane.

Edited by cider float

I feel like them coming back is highly likely since the first Equestria Girls villain took center stage bringing back the Sirens could be possible. I can imagine them coming back as goons for the new villain or something. 

I feel like Aria is going to fight Adagio for leadership and Sonata will be the only one out of the three redeemed by the mane.

Goons for the new villain. I don't know why, but that brings Winx Club to mind, when Icy, Darcy, and Stormy worked for Lord Darker in the second season.

One of the 3 EG specials will have the the Sirens at the end of the special episode seeing the portal and returning to Equestria to become queen Crylisla's new goon squad. In which we'll get to see the Sirens betray Crylisla and use power they steal from queen Crylisla to retake the underwater kingdom enslave the sea ponies and lead into the movie. Also even after the betrayal by Sirens won't even change queen Crylisla. It won't be untill during the movie when Queen Crylisla that the queen convert to good when she becomes responsible for saving the day as the surprise hero of the 2017 movie.