Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do Starlight and Aria Blaze look so similar?

Summer Wish

Ok honestly, why do I feel like I am the only Brony here who is talking about this!?

All season all I have heard is Starlight this, and Starlight that!

But lets get down to the real core issue with her, shall we?!

..........She is Aria blaze in a bad disquise! HA! NAILED IT! Winner, me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok no, for realzies, why are they nearly the exact same skin tone and mane color? (mostly) hell, Starlight as a foal HAD PIG TAILS! Kinda like someone else we know...cough cough!!!!!!!!

This was discussed a lot when Starlight was first introduced. You can come up with explanations like Starlight being Aria's daughter or sister or whatever, but ultimately there are only so many colour combinations that work well together, so some are bound to get reused.

I noticed this early on as well, though the theories of Starlight and Aira being related are immensely strange to me. Pretty sure Aria actually isn't a pony at all. XD I forgot specifically, but aren't the Dazzlings actually some kind of dragon-like creature?

Similarity between siblings isn't really strictly enforced in this show. The only other explanation is coincidence, which I'm pretty sure is the answer here.

• Brohoof 1

I noticed this early on as well, though the theories of Starlight and Aira being related are immensely strange to me. Pretty sure Aria actually isn't a pony at all. XD I forgot specifically, but aren't the Dazzlings actually some kind of dragon-like creature?

They are sirens and they kind of look like FIM's version of sea ponies.

(edited)

Old news.  The color scheme seems to be that way but then again Aria Blaze isn't really a pony in Equestria. The color scheme as a siren is not the same as her human form.

post-33597-0-18376700-1468468849_thumb.png

Edited by cider float