Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you do a lot of online shopping?

Member Berry

I used to shop online more than I do now. I used to live in a remote area so I had no choice. But now I live in a big city where everything I need is available. I prefer to buy something in a physical store where I can look it over and determine it's exactly what I want before committing to the purchase. Online I have to wait for days to receive my stuff and find out if it was accurately described or if I have to go through the trouble of returning it.

• 1 year later...

I buy a big part of my items online, primarily on ebay. Stuff like used servers and their parts, audio equipment, audio cassettes, vacuum tubes etc. However there are some local online shops that sell vacuum tubes etc. I have used amazon a few time to buy MLP blu rays and comic books.

The primary exception to this is new electronic parts (capacitors, transistors etc) - there are a few shops within a few km from me, they work on Saturdays and I usually can get the part today instead of waiting a week. And for parts that I have to special order, I do not have to pay for shipping. Also car parts - I go to ebay only if I cannot find the part locally.

I also buy stuff from people who put up classified ads, but that's much more of a hassle.

I do. I think I may have a bit of an obsession with it :twi:

The only thing I don’t buy online is groceries.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I do go out every now and then but when it’s something specific I want I usually buy online 

• Brohoof 1

I am mostly doing online auctions, which of course is slightly worse as it involves a little bit of gambling. I definitely do not recommend it!

• Brohoof 1

I always tried to support the local shops, but sometimes it would take too long or would be too expensive. I had always a mix between online and offline shopping. In these pandemic times this has been another story. Some shops were completely closed for months.  Then one must do a lot of online shopping or wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I am profoundly effective when it comes to doing online shopping. Mainly as what I do is a lot of research, this has been beyond useful in regards to car parts I pride myself in my ability to find any car part you may need, one but many things I'm proud of definitely. Though it helps also that I have pretty good ability of combing information into one to make into a sort of search for parts if you will. Though I also am very tech savvy when it comes to trying out new tech and of course I'm always looking for exciting things to buy I would say indeed.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...