Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Experiences With The Banhammer?

twiia

Have you ever had an experience with the banhammer?

I got banned on this other forum a year ago and I'm still trying to send apology letters. :/ very irritating. Whelp, back then I was younger than 13 and broke a bunch of rules on accident... I've learned a lot and am trying to do better on this forum

• Brohoof 1

I was banned from another forum almost 2 years ago. The moderators over there tried to say that I said something racist (which I didn't). I tried to e-mail the site owner and got no response. I then created a new account to PM the site owner to try to plead my case, but then I was then IP banned for about 3 months. That whole site is in shambles now.

I was also banned from Derpibooru for 24 hours for calling OP a "bundle of sticks".

I don't think I've ever been banned on any site. Ever. There have been a few rules that I've broken, but they were all warnings. Most of the warnings I've recieved were on the ROBLOX Forums, and it's probably because I think of topics that the mods wouldn't think are OK for a site that little six year olds are using. I once made a thread about a crush I had (I was 11 at the time) and then the mods thought that the topic was inappropriate. I once made a thread about feminism, then the mods, again, thought that the topic was inappropriate. If the mods are gonna be like that on ROBLOX, then they should just make their site 13+. The mods are more protective than most forums because they know that their community is immature.

I do not recall having ever been banned, and in my like 13 years of experience online, I've only been warned maybe a couple of times on any forum. They weren't really anything serious, either.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've been banned from a site before, but I have been the one issuing bans and just a piece of advice: Appeals are meant to appeal and explain why you didn't do something wrong and that the admins/mods made a mistake. An apology isn't an appeal.

I've taken part in moderating several forums up to date. Most of that has been several years ago, when all that took away my time was school, which meant a lot of spare time to devote to helping internet be a better place. I've issued a few warnings myself, though never have I used banhammer against anything less than a spambot. There has been no instance of me being warned on any forums as far as I remember, ever. That is, except for MLPForums, where I've already gotten two or three warnings. Oh well, guess when you get old internet doesn't like you hanging around anymore and you should keep to yourself as much as possible.

I was banned from a forum because I was a male and the mods were sexist.as soon as I changed my gender from the default neutral to male they targeted me and badgered me non stop

that and I called them out on being two faced and saying really really nasty things about other forum members, and I might have sent screen captures of the nasty things they said about people to the people whom they was saying the things about, and it was the MODS AND ADMINS saying the terrible things and even spreading lies about forum members

can't stand two faces who pretend to be your friend and then say just TERRIBLE things about you behind your back,

I've been banned from a webcomic's comment feed because I "wasn't respecting someone's feelings" enough. Dude was making something racist that wasn't and could never be racist and when I called him out on it the admin banned me saying they were "cultivating a community of respect".

You can't really do that when you aren't respecting my own feelings on the matter and didn't even wait to see if the guy was upset at what I said. It was, at best, a minor disagreement and I got banned like I was starting world war 3. I immediately stopped following that webcomic. I ain't dealing with that kind of bullshit.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've gotten a few warnings.

but the closest i got to the hammer was at a pony forum.  Like 10 of my 20 friends got banned* from forum 'A', and they started a second forum 'B'.  Filled with righteous indignation, I moved over to forum 'B' and recruited a few other guys from forum 'A'.  Well, the split went very poorly.  both are cesspools of negativity, and forum 'B' barely has any activity at all.

Very sad.  

---

*In retrospect, they got banned justly...i just didn't know it at the time.

one of my first experiences on mlpforums was reading an announcement that a person was being removed from leadership.  this person was cancerous in the leadership of forums 'A' and 'B', causing much disunity, so I wasn't surprised.  

---

Edit: I got banned from a gaming youtube channel for explaining logically and respectfully why the poor game wasn't RNG, but poor skill.  in the forums for the game, many people posted similar stories, sharing the posts they made on this guy's channel that got them banned.  it was kinda shocking to get banned when it had never happened before.

Edited by weesh

There's a game online me and my best friend play. It's an online game with small servers and one of those harbors a peaceful, if to a fault, role-playing community.

We go in, create a character, interact with the crowd... then go berserk killing everyone or annoying everyone.

Why? Well it's sort of a tradition now... we're just a couple of bored trolls. Of course, we then get banned. Or we used to, until we found a loophole which allows us to evade this unpleasantness.

Now that I think about it, I haven't been banned on any site so far except for DeviantART. That was the time when I was 12 and got banned for being too young.  :D  I can only remember that I was pretty upset about it because I was so naive and thought that I had done something wrong. Now I'm just ashamed that I can't even go back and delete all the cringeworthy artwork...

Oh yeah, I got banned on this one forum waaay back. I tried logging into someone else's account as part of a 'hacker investigation' (I was young, probably not even 10 at the time), I mean he/she was an admin/mod and they posted their own password, so I thought I'd take a look, check for suspicious activity or whatever. Next thing I know, my account was banned.

That's how I remember it anyways, not sure if there was anything else going on. Haven't been banned since though, as far as I remember.

@

Just so you are aware, I have altered this thread's title to give it more specific context as to what it actually pertains to.

• Brohoof 1

I've been warned once on this site... It was a surprisingly pleasant experience. The mod in question was very nice about it.

I don't think I've ever been banned from sites in general. In IRL places though... I've been pseudo banned a few times for reasons I'm not really comfortable with sharing.

I've only had one warning on this forum, and even then it was me asking a mod if something was alright, to which the answer was "we'd have to warn you for posting that, maybe ban".

The only other time I can recall any experiances with bans is when I was kicked from a game of TF2, for supposedly wall hacking. I just knew where people were moving, and they were really predictable :P

(edited)

Nope,never been banned. I have been warned for emo status updates, off topic posts, and suggestive things.

Edited by PIKAQIU

I've gotten a few warnings on this forum, but for minor stuff. Three warnings for 'circumventing the character minimum'. One for telling someone that they should've created the post in a different place, rather than telling a mod about it. And another one for 'excessive vulgarity' because I was makin fun of someone with a video, which I'm not 100% sure I was really making fun of anyone with it, I just posted it and the mod automatically thought 'troll!'.

As for other places...

I do wield the ban-hammer on a WoW P-Server, and have used it a couple times.

As well as a couple forums (non-mlp).

Haven't really been banned from anywhere, though. At least, not that I remember.

I've had a few warning points for calling an other member an asshole (he was making constant jokes about unsuccessfully killing himself, totally worth it),

As for incurring the wraith of the Banhammer, i've so far managed to avoid it's loving embrace, hell I even got one guy unbanned... but I didn't count on the fact that he was a bit of a derp and got himself banned again 24hrs later... ah well, I tried. XD

I got banned once because I had an unpopular opinion. Another ban I had is when I accidentally broke some rules, like sexual content. And in this forum, the closest thing from a ban I got is a PM telling me that I would have received a warning if I hadn't posted the offensing image under queue, and considering the warning points of these here, it would hqve been a pretty BIG warning

I've never been outright banned before, mostly cause I go out of my way to avoid doing anything that could incur the wrath of a full ban. I did get a warning once on this site, but other than that the only thing the comes close was the time I was kicked from an IRC chat for apparently "mocking someone's tastes." All I said was I didn't care much for the song being played on a stream at the time and WHAM!   

Recently I got banned from not only an OOC thread, but an RP thread, all because I acted childish and being a complete douchebag.  That's all.