Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Experiences With The Banhammer?

twiia

Most I've ever been banned from are a few IRC channels for trolling. It's been a good long time now since I've done any of that though :o

(edited)

Have you ever had an experience with the banhammer?

I got banned on this other forum a year ago and I'm still trying to send apology letters. :/ very irritating. Whelp, back then I was younger than 13 and broke a bunch of rules on accident... I've learned a lot and am trying to do better on this forum

Not on this site, but on another site they had a weird ban thing. The first time you get banned, its 6 hrs. Then it doubles. So 12 24 48 and so on. I think if I get banned again it'll be like 50,000+ hours which is basically like 6 years. 

I also accidentally DDoS'd a forum once. I was trying to get a bunch of views on a post as a joke and I ended up setting a bunch of refreshers up to do that. I ended up crashing their entire site for 6 hrs and they banned all my accounts. I deserved it after doing that, even though it was accidental :3

Edited by Phanact
  • Brohoof 4

Not on this site, but on another site they had a weird ban thing. The first time you get banned, its 6 hrs. Then it doubles. So 12 24 48 and so on. I think if I get banned again it'll be like 50,000+ hours which is basically like 6 years. 

I also accidentally DDoS'd a forum once. I was trying to get a bunch of views on a post as a joke and I ended up setting a bunch of refreshers up to do that. I ended up crashing their entire site for 6 hrs and they banned all my accounts. I deserved it after doing that, even though it was accidental :3

That's amazing, somewhat silly too. I've honestly only ever used one other forum site myself other than this one and that one is for PSP dev stuff.

That's amazing, somewhat silly too. I've honestly only ever used one other forum site myself other than this one and that one is for PSP dev stuff.

Yeah I used to participate in much more toxic activities. I still enjoy them but not as much so I try to limit myself now. I guess I'm a little bit of a trouble maker >.<

I had one experience.

Chicken Smoothie is this rather cute adoptable pet site I was super obsessed with way back when- 2010 or so was my last year utilizing it. I had reported a member logging onto my account and stealing my pets and in turn instead of the user being banned that I identified directly for literally stealing almost all of the rare adoptables I had accumulated over the years, I had received a notification that I had no longer had access to my account simply because it had become compromised. You could say I have/had some liberties beforehand with my attempts to clear up some things with personal info but the user had access to change my email (and they did fiddle around with my personal info) so I think that's a super unlikely chance.

• Brohoof 1

Generally speaking I'm a pretty rule-abiding kind of guy. I've gotten warning points over on this site, though (but not a ban) - That's not the kind of thing that usually happens to me. I gather they're a little strict over here.

In this case it was because... Well, here's the story. Someone was being a complete jerk to some guy I'd recently befriended on another thread. They were having a debate, see, but while my new friend was being totally calm and intelligent about his position, the other guy was saying stuff like "Are you 7 years old? Do your parents let you use the internet? If not, maybe there's a reason for that". This got to me, because *he* was the one who was acting more like a 7 year old, and it irked me that my new friend wasn't doing anything to defend himself (instead he kept being calm and mature). So I responded to Mr. "Are you 7 years old" and said - and this is literally all I said -

"From where I'm sitting, <guy's name here> looks to be one of the more intelligent posters in this discussion. Not sure the same can be said for you."

...I got warning points for "abusive language", with the mod lecturing me saying "Not sure how you thought that was appropriate to say", etc. >_> If that's considered "abusive language", then the average Equestria Daily commenter would be banned from this site 10 times over.

I got banned for charity once. Does that count? I'll be honest, when I saw this topic I though, "I don't get shot at ... I did the shooting."

I actually got banned from the EA Simpsons Tapped Out game because they though I cheated. Took 4 weeks to reinstate me after sending in proof on payment on in game currency they used. I then stopped playing it.

I actually got banned from the EA Simpsons Tapped Out game because they though I cheated. Took 4 weeks to reinstate me after sending in proof on payment on in game currency they used. I then stopped playing it.

They reinstated you after you gave them money. I can't think of a more EA thing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I got banned from the no spoilers subforum of Jedi Council Forums for posting speculation. Apparently that's not allowed.  :okiedokieloki:

Edited by Dinos4Ever

At gaiaonline.com I without spending a penny, but over countless hours, got 300 mlp items, 300 evolving items, 2,000 items in total(playing the marketplace was fun), made the rainbowiest avatar ever possible(got the expensive wings though with the help of someone else), then I was an idiot when joining the fandom and cosplayed my avatar while roleplaying both cupcakes hd and askjappleack's tumbler with great cosplays, and then I was banned for being too aggressive, and I thought it was fine because there were daily abusive posts on those forums. I had trillions in items that were artificial, and knowing that site it's prolly up to hundreds of trillions by now. Sorta mad at myself but meh what can I do about it.

(edited)

Got banned from a Minecraft server I randomly got op in because I was twelve and a jerk :P

Got banned from here for a little bit because the admins thought one of my blog posts meant I was twelve, so I couldn't be on here. I obviously got it resolved. :3

the only thing the comes close was the time I was kicked from an IRC chat for apparently "mocking someone's tastes." All I said was I didn't care much for the song being played on a stream at the time and WHAM!   

PC culture man. It's nuts.

jk 

In this case it was because... Well, here's the story. Someone was being a complete jerk to some guy I'd recently befriended on another thread. They were having a debate, see, but while my new friend was being totally calm and intelligent about his position, the other guy was saying stuff like "Are you 7 years old? Do your parents let you use the internet? If not, maybe there's a reason for that". This got to me, because *he* was the one who was acting more like a 7 year old, and it irked me that my new friend wasn't doing anything to defend himself (instead he kept being calm and mature). So I responded to Mr. "Are you 7 years old" and said - and this is literally all I said -   "From where I'm sitting, looks to be one of the more intelligent posters in this discussion. Not sure the same can be said for you."   ...I got warning points for "abusive language", with the mod lecturing me saying "Not sure how you thought that was appropriate to say", etc. If that's considered "abusive language", then the average Equestria Daily commenter would be banned from this site 10 times over.

Life is not fair. People get away with stuff you can't. That's life. :(

I was banned from a forum because I was a male and the mods were sexist.as soon as I changed my gender from the default neutral to male they targeted me and badgered me non stop that and I called them out on being two faced and saying really really nasty things about other forum members, and I might have sent screen captures of the nasty things they said about people to the people whom they was saying the things about, and it was the MODS AND ADMINS saying the terrible things and even spreading lies about forum members can't stand two faces who pretend to be your friend and then say just TERRIBLE things about you behind your back,

secretly wishes to know what the site was 

Edited by Lonk Chase
  • Brohoof 1

I have never been banned from anything. I've been suspended on these forums once in the recent past, and kicked a couple of times on Garry's Mod servers due to the admins having personal issues with me, but actually banned? Never.

I was banned A LOT.

Like, oh my god, i was an horrible User in my childhood years.

I wrote about it in my Internet History Blogs a while ago.

Basically, i was bored as a Kid and started to create multiple Accounts on a Forum and got banned a lot.

Not only that, but because a few Users made fun of my Sister once, i even started to insult People and...lets just say, in my past, i didnt had the best experiences with Forums...and yes, i think it was mostly my fault.

Mlp related, i got banned in the German Mlp Forum. Well, at least my second Account got banned.

I was bored at my Workplace and thought to myself : " Hey, why not create a Fake Account and Troll a Mlp Forum? "

So i did, i had an Username which meant " You B**** " and i wrote in the general discussion Tread :

" Hy, im twelve and i think you are all pathethic ! "

But then i went home and logged into my second account with my own Computer, to see if i got any responses.

The Ip Address changed to my own and both my normal account and the second one had the same ip address and i got banned.

Later i apologized but they didnt care.

Now my Warning Points are gone and it is, like nothing ever happened.

I've never been banned here. No warning points, nothing at all.

Although I got banned on another site a couple years ago for getting an IP from someone who I believed had multiple accounts on the site. I also snapped at a couple of moderators of the same forum and got warnings for that. But I haven't gotten in trouble on a forum in years now.

A long time ago, I used to belong to frequently haunt a website called TVTome. For about three months, there was a time I couldn't log onto the site at all. I don't even know if I was banned because they wouldn't give me a reason for it. Much later, when the site became tv.com, I couldn't even register. I tried it sporadically ever since I finally was able to get an account a few minutes ago.

Unfortunalty experience

On a PlayStation Trophies forum I was, I got in conflict with few others who sooner or later even start going worse. One time I got too far and was banned for 1 week I think.

And unfortunalty here too. I was annoyed and kinda attacked several friends on a forum game here, that gave me a - deserved - 1 week ban from said forum game.

A bit similiar, but this time with just one user, or fighting got too far and bam permanenntly banned from said forum game ... deserved. However we both managed to give us one more chance, so it turned just for 1 month.

At the end last year then I made a stupid posts there, rather a rant then insult, saiduser even said he didn't felt inslted, all friends I told said it wasn't worth, even one or other staff. But nope, that "Sentence" was too insulting and gave me the final step to a permanent ban ... not deserved. Still don't get, how that sentence could be worth a permanent ban previous bans back and forth, but meh, can't change it.

Probably from game servers too, like Battlefield, mostly without reason, lol.

None whatsoever(maybe the closest I ever got was an warning)but there was a time when I banned myself it that counts. I get it that once you come close then you'll probably need a break from a forum.

Hmmm... well, I was once banned from a Minecraft server for griefing.

Of course, that was a super long time ago, and I wasn't very mature back then.

I quit Minecraft, anyway.  >_>

Other than that, I've never really been banned from anything. 

I have been banned here several times. To be honest, I have been warned that the next time would be a permanent IP ban. These bans were my fault for causing/continuing arguments. I'm trying to avoid arguing, as I don't wish to be banned again.

(edited)

The only times i've been banned on other sites is because I asked for one due to the site not having the option to delete my account. This was back when I was still in school.I kept getting distracted instead of doing my school work at home and wasting hours online. Since I couldn't stop myself from going back I'd eventually ask for a ban. 

Edited by MEOWKB48

Sadly, on September 2nd 2013, I was officially permabanned from The Roundstable for going off on a mod over a perceived slight. Whether I was right or wrong, I shouldn't have reacted as hyper aggressively as I did. At the time I was invested in the pony craze to levels of insane obsession, so I was too caught up in the moment and indifferent to consequences to care about what I said or did. I was also going through a lot of personal troubles which exasperated the situation even more.

I've reached out to the admins of the site several times, seeking to get the ban lifted, but all attempts have been either rebuffed or outright ignored. I still would like a happy resolution to the issue, if they're also willing, but unfortunately I can't even get a response from them. 

My experience of being banned from there, and the helplessness of not being able to resolve the situation, as caused me to actually advocate for certain people who've faced permaban from other sites. I always hope a site's mods and admins will leave an avenue open for someone if they're genuine in not continuing the behavior which lead to the ban.

I know that really well. I got banned from a certain forum about YouTube Poop remix videos for some really terrible stuff that is disputed if I really did it or not, including some illegal activities (including an accusation of a DDoS attack when I was 12 years old) I was accused of doing but nothing could be done about due to lack of proof, which I strongly deny doing anything of that nature. It mainly had to do with certain bad apples I was hanging out with, which I have learned experience from. I'd really rather not talk about it, but if you must know, PM me.

I also have been banned from an anime community that doesn't exist anymore due to me not subjecting to the admin's demands, which would've involved moving to his town and supposedly helping with some sort of "anime convention" he was setting up. The town was a not-so-nice, run down town of 10,000 that barely had any hotels, so I couldn't see a convention there.