Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Box Office Predictions for the MLP movie. Success or bomb?

TheMarkz0ne

While it isn't that important to me if the movie does well at the box office or not, I would still like to see it succeed. I believe that the film will be a moderate success with all the Bronies that are currently out there. Sadly though, there will always be those people who will always be determined to call it a kid's movie despite never actually seeing it or the show itself.

Are you kidding? Kids movies are seen by adults on a regular basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding? Kids movies are seen by adults on a regular basis.

Not everyone is going to see that the same way. A good number of people still find it unthinkable for a grown adult to watch something for children without kids of their own, and not counting gender, either. Media outlets are especially bad; I've seen enough about how news reports and talk shows either cut out or make up information to know that not all fandom-shaming is done out of ignorance.

It pains me to even think it, but I get the sinking feeling there will be news decrying bronies as a bunch of "weirdos" gathering to watch the movie, and that could seriously hurt the film's image and performance, all logic aside. Sure, we can probably convince a decent number of people that what we like about MLP is reasonable, but families unfamiliar with bronies may be too alarmed by the "strange guys" sitting in the theater to share it with us. I don't know how the Equestria Girls movies fared since they barely had any coverage, but they were meant to be limited releases. This is gonna be worldwide. And the way I see it, I pray I'm gonna be wrong.

I think the success of this depends on two things. 

First of, how it fares depends on the competition, not so much id there is a Marvel or Start wars caliber movie, but what the competition id for family movies at that time. there have been times when a family movie was able to hold its own with blockbusters because it was the only option for a family move, and because of that word of mouth spread and more people wanted to see the film.

Second is the audience, are the adult fans going to go see it more than once. I can see people seeing it once with their family than a second time with other fans. That would probably be what happens.

Also don`t forget the international gross of a movie like this. 

Remember that last year Deadpool , a movie based on a character that was little known outside of his fans, and yet it was one of the biggest movies of last year. Partly because it came out a time where there was little competition in that marked, and word of mouth caused more people to want to see it.

Not everyone is going to see that the same way. A good number of people still find it unthinkable for a grown adult to watch something for children without kids of their own, and not counting gender, either. Media outlets are especially bad; I've seen enough about how news reports and talk shows either cut out or make up information to know that not all fandom-shaming is done out of ignorance.

It pains me to even think it, but I get the sinking feeling there will be news decrying bronies as a bunch of "weirdos" gathering to watch the movie, and that could seriously hurt the film's image and performance, all logic aside. Sure, we can probably convince a decent number of people that what we like about MLP is reasonable, but families unfamiliar with bronies may be too alarmed by the "strange guys" sitting in the theater to share it with us. I don't know how the Equestria Girls movies fared since they barely had any coverage, but they were meant to be limited releases. This is gonna be worldwide. And the way I see it, I pray I'm gonna be wrong.

It really depends on what the trailers show. If it appeals to a general audience, the Brony perception might die off.

I think the success of this depends on two things. 

First of, how it fares depends on the competition, not so much id there is a Marvel or Start wars caliber movie, but what the competition id for family movies at that time. there have been times when a family movie was able to hold its own with blockbusters because it was the only option for a family move, and because of that word of mouth spread and more people wanted to see the film.

Second is the audience, are the adult fans going to go see it more than once. I can see people seeing it once with their family than a second time with other fans. That would probably be what happens.

Also don`t forget the international gross of a movie like this. 

Remember that last year Deadpool , a movie based on a character that was little known outside of his fans, and yet it was one of the biggest movies of last year. Partly because it came out a time where there was little competition in that marked, and word of mouth caused more people to want to see it.

Yes, but this movie has the sequels to Blade Runner and Kingsman: The Secret Service to contend with. Unless it gets rescheduled, this is gonna need all the good word of mouth it can get if it's gonna stand out.

Yes, but this movie has the sequels to Blade Runner and Kingsman: The Secret Service to contend with. Unless it gets rescheduled, this is gonna need all the good word of mouth it can get if it's gonna stand out.

My point was that what type of FAMILY movies are coming out around the same time frame. That is where it could do well.If there are not many choices for that market. But while I dont really seeing it do the box office of a Marvel or Star wars film, I think it should hold its own..

Then again who really knows, just go and enjoy the movie, and be grateful that we have that.