Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you are waiting to go on sale before you buy

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Gaming is a wonderful hobby. However, it is one of many hobbies that can be pricey, considering the price of tech and the games involved. However, we live in a wonderful age where digital sales and even retails sales are common, letting us bask in a cavalcade of money saving deals. Many of us may even wait to buy certain games on sale rather than pay full price for one reason or another.

So that is what this thread is about! Are there any games out there that you are waiting to be in a sale before you make the purchase?

For me, one of them is Tropico 5 Penultimate Edition for the Xbox One. I haven't played much of the Tropico series, only owned 4 which I also got in a sale. This is another one that I hope to get when it has a special deal going on.

(edited)

I want to play Windwaker again, but I don't have a functioning GC/BC Wii, so I'm waiting for a Nintendo Selects release, as it's already one in Europe

EDIT: And GTA5, it hasn't dropped in price for the current gen consoles and I'd love to play it 

Edited by Megatron

There are very few games I buy full-price; The Grand Theft Auto and Legend of Zelda series are the only exceptions.

I guess you could say right now I'm waiting for Super Mario Maker to go on sale. It looks really entertaining, but not $60 worth of it. :huh:

I'm waiting for Skyrim remastered to drop down to at least $40, maybe 50 despite it not even being released yet. Skyrim is my favorite Elder Scrolls game, but I don't think I'm willing to burn $60 for a classic with fresh paint.

Same with Overwatch, I played the beta with my friends, and we loved it. Though I'm waiting till that drops to 30, or 40 before buying it.

Just need to be patient, and keep waiting NFS 2015, and NFS Rivals just went on sale, and I got not only both games, but all DLC as well for only $25.

Price is mostly irrelevant for me but even if it's not the same thing I'm waiting for more older games to become available on new consoles via download. They'll be cheaper and easier to access.

That's my answer and I'm stickin' to it. :P

Enter the Gungeon was on sale during the Steam Summer sale, but it was only by 20%. Call me cheap, but I'm waiting for it to drop below $10 before I think of picking it up.

No way in hell am I paying full price for a copy of Mighty No. 9. I know it sucks, but I'm curious enough that I still want to say I at least played it, but not until the inevitable price drop. 

I'm mainly waiting for Stellaris or TW3 going on sale. Right now, there's no possibility of me buying them (generally everything in my wishlist is what I want/waiting for sale)

(edited)

I will pretty much never pay for a game at $60, so typically I will always wait for them to drop to at LEAST $40, and even then I will only pay that much if it is a game I'm dying for. I don't have any game in mind that I'm waiting for right now, but when Batman: Return to Arkham is released for PS4, that will be it. (MIGHT save $40 for that one)

Edited by Chrylestia600

The 2DS console so I can buy one for myself ;;;

Stardew Valley. It's not expensive, but I have 0 dollars to my own name so I'd rather not be asking to buy a game when I'm not even sure if I can commit to it.