Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you show your love and tolerance to people?

Buckbuck

Well, I don't really believe this fandom does the whole "love and tolerate" thing too terribly well, so I don't really need to live by it as some kind of code of life.

But I generally try to not be a gigantic jerk.

Then that's just what Donald Trump enjoys, has nothing to do with his views on politics or government. I would say cool story brah and walk away. 

And here's the thing I love but I don't tolerate.

I show my love and tolerance to people by first understanding that not everyone has the same viewpoint, and then trying my best to see things through their perspective. I also tend to show support by being a listener, offering advice, encouraging them, and reminding them that they are valuable. Essentially, I show love and tolerance in the way I would appreciate receiving it. :)

Edited by Lady Kiriness

• 3 years later...

I respect those who deserve it. Other then that, I don't take bullcrap from anyone or anything.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know...I'm not really good at showing that sorta thing? I like to make things for people...and I'm generally really kindhearted so...I'm nice to people. :muffins:

The love and tolerate thing was a meme, what it basically referred to was that you either love the show or tolerate it point being to not hate the show. Yet I believe it also referred to simply not hating people not telling you that you have to love them. Sort of like you know if there is a group you don't like you dont have to love them or hate just tolerate them is the point of it. 

Of course a lot of people were like hurr durr you don't love and tolerate hurr durr if you did you would be okay with I don't feel like saying the word but pony art not meant for kids. Saying that I applied it in my life by simply keeping an open mind to getting to know people to not judge them before getting to know them.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. Not pushing your views/way of thinking upon others, not getting involved with stuff/problems that you can't in any way solve, if someone is acting like an asshole just ignore them and find someone or something else to do with your time.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I show people my love and tolerance by not bothering them, since that's what most people want.

I can't just apply my own feelings onto others and assume that the things that make me happy, would make them happy as well. I tried and I fell on my own nose with it, so to speak. In a sense, I'm completely powerless when it comes to other people. I can't give to people what they want. I can't make anyone happy. The best thing I can do, is to just not bother anyone, let them live their lives and only interfere in severe situations.

Unless I know someone on a personal level. When I know them well enough to know what makes them happy.

• Brohoof 1

I mean... eight year old OP person that is a nice way of phrasing it :P but you can't show those things, you can only aspire to them. Negatively, probably the most important thing I try to do, is not be too much in my own head; positively, I try to listen to people. 

• Brohoof 1

Love and tolerance are so different. Tolerance is just saying “Yeah, sure, I’m fine with this.” while love is a true, deep care, admiration, and/or passion for someone. To put those two together sounds strange to me. Respect and tolerance, now that makes more sense to me since both of those together shows a decent amount of acceptance for people that isn’t just the bare minimum.

I would say that I do my best to respect and tolerate people I don’t know or I’m not very close to while I love and respect the people close to me. (I put respect twice cause if you really love someone, you should want to respect them, too).

• Brohoof 3

In short, make my foes my friends :wacko: (assuming they aren't genuine butts). If there's qualities other people like about them, I'm sure I could like them too for those same qualities, even if initially we didn't get along.

That or I just try to put those problems in the past and start over. Forget that past. Hold no grudges too long.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1