Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A world run by women?

Buckbuck

Its a hypothetical argument. But feminists have talked about stuff caled Patriarchy which means "man made rules". Now lets say we abolished all of them and let women in charge and men were their property or something. Would you think that would be for the better or for worse?

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that society would change that much. The only real difference would be that women would have the benefits that men have now and vice versa.

• Brohoof 4

I don't think it would change much. Men and Women would just swap places. Women would have an unfair advantage, and there would be movements for more equality for men. That's why it annoys me when there are the "women are superior to men and should rule the Earth" feminists. It wouldn't solve anything. Most feminists are not like that, but they are out there. We need gender EQUALITY, not one gender with more advantages than the other. Besides, we are all just people, no matter what our gender is.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

See, the thing is, despite the myths...Women are still people. It's not "Men" who mess everything up, or "Women" either, it's people. Which means that just like men, some of them are idiots, or cruel, or selfish, and a lot of them will mess things up, a lot of them already do mess things up.

So, how would a world run by women look? Probably pretty similar. Some things might get better, some might get worse, but overall I don't think it would change that much.

Edited by Base
  • Brohoof 5

If what went down in Brazil is anything to go by, it wouldn't be much different.

When Dilma Rouseff ran for president here in Brazil tons of people voted for her believing that a female president would make things better, even i believed so because, hey, everyone needs to have hope in something.

In the end, things didn't change at all: our economy's still bad, our government's still corrupt and our public healthcare is still barely functional, and now that she's impeached i bet that her replacement is going to be just as bad. *sigh*, Alphonse Karr was right: the more things change the more they stay the same...

• Brohoof 1

We've seen a world run by women during the reign of the British Empire.

and look what happened to that XD

True. Queen Elizabeth did well against the Spanish Armada. But she was also runned by the authority of Jesus which was likely written by men. Considering religion and culture in the past.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, i think it would be better. Probably because of the aforementioned rule abolishing, not necessarily because of the women in charge. Still, women are just as faulty as men are. They don't have some of our faults, but they got other faults to spare too. So i guess it's not that big of a change.

• Brohoof 2

If it happened abruptly, I'd say not much would change....however if it happened from the very beginning of our society ...then I feel there would be some major changes.

• Brohoof 2

Ooh, interesting topic.  So, to start with, I'll just say that I agree with the majority--it would be pretty similar, but with some role reversals.  It wouldn't be a utopia.  However, it makes me wonder about a lot of things.  It's a fact that the overwhelming majority of violent crimes are committed by men.  (Some 95+% or something.)  If we had lived in a matriarchal society from day 1, would this be different?  I mean, would men have had less power and ability to cause violence?  Would the women in this hypothetical world have been fairly non-violent?  Or would their power have caused them to be more violent anyway, and nothing would change?  I'm not sure.  What I can make an accurate prediction about is that in society today, boys would be able to play with dolls, and men would be able to wear dresses, and they would be applauded for transcending their gender, becoming stronger, and "fighting the power."  You see, as I've pointed out many times, these sort of unfair double standards only go one way due to the way history played out with respect to gender inequality.

I hate being male.  I feel like I'm looked at like a villain, due to most violence being committed by men.  I feel like I'm lumped in with the bad guys.  I resent that greatly.  Not a day goes by that I don't wish I was female, for many reasons.  I also often wish that we'd had a matriarchal society throughout history.  Given our present world, and what I observe on a daily basis, it's hard not to imagine that a world ruled by women would be better.  I often imagine it being like the female Gazorpian society from Rick and Morty.  But the fact is that I'm imagining a different world that is based on existing history and sociology.  In reality, a fundamental change from the beginning would surely have drastic implications that we wouldn't be able to predict.  The patterns and behavioral trends of females could be quite different.  Ultimately, though, I believe it would even out and not be that much different than the world we have today.

Its a hypothetical argument. But feminists have talked about stuff caled Patriarchy which means "man made rules". Now lets say we abolished all of them and let women in charge and men were their property or something. Would you think that would be for the better or for worse?

That'd be for the worst... You'd be going from patriarchy to matriarchy. There's no difference except gender. There would still persist sexism, but we'd instead see it against men.

When was the last time women were men's property? How does that make sense?

Not always. Politics exist in labs, offices, classrooms, bases, and construction sites too.

yes but in the context of them running the world.

they are just as corrupt as men in politics cough"hillary clinton"cough

post-1927-0-45808100-1469022839_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Our prime minister is now a woman (Teresa May) I dislike her as much as I disliked David Cameron. Her having a vagina and boobs means nothing. Women can be just as corrupt as men.

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 3