Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

your trying your best XD

Oh lord ok lets do this

Quinn: I love all ponies lmoa, I havent watched the show in a while but I hated the episode where the crusaders got there CM. Like I loved the episode but the chunk where the crusaders got there CM was so ehhhhh. Oh my god I love so many OC's its insane. I love alot of Scaevitas's OC's. I LOVE Lunar Isolation on DA or Dash Acadamy. My fav spade is JailBreak because shes mine. OR Punky Luck~

Brigostre: well aj for best,i dont have a worst :v im not caught up enough to know wich is my best/worst ep xD oc's well more something that have like a specific theme to them (like egyptian, space etc) i like those, and comic wise lets go generic and say dash academy

Ive read the very first issue but havent gone much further but i LOVED it, I wish I could read more~

*nods* You should catch up with the episodes lately. Season Six so far is BRILLIANT. I think we've had one middle-of the road episode and even that was pretty good. I didn't like the Crusader one this season though.

• Brohoof 1

Heyo! :)

Like all franchises, MLP:FiM has quite a number of dangling plot threads and odd character designs. What's the top thing out of the show/comics/whatever would you like to see expanded on/explained?

• Brohoof 2

*nods* You should catch up with the episodes lately. Season Six so far is BRILLIANT. I think we've had one middle-of the road episode and even that was pretty good. I didn't like the Crusader one this season though.

We will have to catch up then. Sometimes I loose interest if one or two episodes in a row arent very interesting ^^;

Heyo! :)

Like all franchises, MLP:FiM has quite a number of dangling plot threads and odd character designs. What's the top thing out of the show/comics/whatever would you like to see expanded on/explained?

oooo This is a nice question! The Tree of Harmony I would love to see given a more in depth story. Yeah we had episodes where ponies got there keys and the elements were returned but we dont get to see what the tree can really do!! Was it planted or did it create the world? Can more be made? I want to know!!

• Brohoof 2

Heh well to be honest Ive been working out the story for a few years now, since I was 13. At first, the story was going to be about a small group of "spies" that stole things to live and they made a home underground. and that was it that was the whole story XD 

As I got older I became more aware that Characters like these went nowhere and I started the rewrite. It became a base, Luna "sponsored" them if they did stuff for her etc etc.

Alot of the Story revolves around both. Characters are important but the technology they are building is important too. Its not "futuristic" technology but more practical. I like to think earth ponies outnumber a unicorn 7:1 and because of that tech for non-magic users are needed. And thats where we started in our world building. So the world is jsut as important as the characters that live in it~

Very good, very good indeed.  Being a fanfiction writer I've actually toyed and played around with some of these ideas myself.  Magical technology in particular is a fun topic to explore in doing world building for Equestria.

Speaking of which, based on your previous responses about your planned storyline, do you ever enjoy reading MLP fanfiction on Fimfiction?  Just seems like you enjoy playing with actual story ideas more than many visual artists in the fandom do.

• Brohoof 1

I just woke up, and I'm looking forward to reading through all this (I just love both of your art)--I did scan over the questions, so hopefully what I ask isn't a repeat. :P

What motivates you as an artist? Do you have major goals, or reasons behind why you chose your path in that?

Also, I wanted to say thanks for doing this Q&A~! I'm a bit biased in that I just love seeing digital artists on here. :grin:

( Also, if no one has asked, I'd love to know how you guys originally got into the pony thing ♥ )

• Brohoof 3

Very good, very good indeed.  Being a fanfiction writer I've actually toyed and played around with some of these ideas myself.  Magical technology in particular is a fun topic to explore in doing world building for Equestria.

Speaking of which, based on your previous responses about your planned storyline, do you ever enjoy reading MLP fanfiction on Fimfiction?  Just seems like you enjoy playing with actual story ideas more than many visual artists in the fandom do.

nope! the only mlp fan stories I have ever read are the super scary/creepy ones (like that one with Big Mac, I forget what its called) and when I was younger I used to Read Butterscotch Sunday on DA but that's it! I dont know why. Im a fan of MLP dont get me wrong but ive never liked reading pony fic~

• Brohoof 2

Ive read the very first issue but havent gone much further but i LOVED it, I wish I could read more~

Oh, you definitely need to read at least some more of the series. Granted the quality of the comics has been up and down lately, but if you like the Chrysalis arc, there are some you would enjoy, I am sure~

All right, have you been to any conventions? Of course that can be both pony and non-pony, but I went to BronyCon last week. It was my first convention experience of any sort and it was a VERY memorable time. So yeah; any convention experience; both of you? :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

We will have to catch up then. Sometimes I loose interest if one or two episodes in a row arent very interesting ^^;

oooo This is a nice question! The Tree of Harmony I would love to see given a more in depth story. Yeah we had episodes where ponies got there keys and the elements were returned but we dont get to see what the tree can really do!! Was it planted or did it create the world? Can more be made? I want to know!!

Most have been pretty interesting so far. There's actually an episode about Big Mac, Spike, and Discord playing Dungeons and Dragons coming out later this season. Like DDAMD.

Another question, do you watch any shows other than MLP? If so, which? Do you get any inspirations for the comic from them?

Edited by OwlFeather27
  • Brohoof 1

I just woke up, and I'm looking forward to reading through all this (I just love both of your art)--I did scan over the questions, so hopefully what I ask isn't a repeat. :P

What motivates you as an artist? Do you have major goals, or reasons behind why you chose your path in that?

Also, I wanted to say thanks for doing this Q&A~! I'm a bit biased in that I just love seeing digital artists on here. :grin:

( Also, if no one has asked, I'd love to know how you guys originally got into the pony thing ♥ )

My Goal personally is to be better and get to the point where Brigostre is so I can help more and more.

And Brigostre says "i wanna be an animator/storyboarder one day, i just love drawing and working on such things way too much and the presenting them and seeing people be entertained. it feels me with joy~ "

she thinks its cheesy but I love it :3

Not sure! There itsnt really an episode or thing that really pulled me in. It was more of like a progression~

I started to LOVE it when I found that I could make OC's and make my own things, really~

• Brohoof 4

Oh, you definitely need to read at least some more of the series. Granted the quality of the comics has been up and down lately, but if you like the Chrysalis arc, there are some you would enjoy, I am sure~

All right, have you been to any conventions? Of course that can be both pony and non-pony, but I went to BronyCon last week. It was my first convention experience of any sort and it was a VERY memorable time. So yeah; any convention experience; both of you? :)

I have yet to go to any kind of convention but I have a dream of vending or running a panel at a con some day :3

Brigi went once to an anime-con years ago with friends and thats it :P

Most have been pretty interesting so far. There's actually an episode about Big Mac, Spike, and Discord playing Dungeons and Dragons coming out later this season. Like DDAMD.

Another question, do you watch any shows other than MLP? If so, which? Do you get any inspirations for the comic from them?

Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Miraculous LadyBug, Lots of Anime!!

All the Characters from each of these shows gives us LOTS of insperation. Bill Cipher (I love him hoh my god) Will be the insperation for a character later in the comic ^_^

Hi, there.  

I've never heard of you both, so I want to see about your opinion of this version of my OC's story, which is based off of Dragonball Z.

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/copper-strikes-r9599\

What do you think?  What can I improve upon the story?

I don't think we can help you with that! Your OC is your OC and we don't have a say in what you want them to be like ^_^

but if you REALLY want us to give input, message us personally~

• Brohoof 2

I have yet to go to any kind of convention but I have a dream of vending or running a panel at a con some day :3

Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Miraculous LadyBug, Lots of Anime!!

All the Characters from each of these shows gives us LOTS of insperation. Bill Cipher (I love him hoh my god) Will be the insperation for a character later in the comic ^_^

Evil Dorito pony? Okay then. I can live with this.

How do you feel when you eat a nacho/Dorito if you love BC so much?

• Brohoof 1

Among pony artists, I'd say you both fall into a category that has a very distinct look for ponies, one which is clearly different from the show in a very noticeable way but at the same time still seems true to the spirit of the show's designs.  How did you develop this particular style and design for your characters?

• Brohoof 2

Evil Dorito pony? Okay then. I can live with this.

How do you feel when you eat a nacho/Dorito if you love BC so much?

I prefer Cool Ranch so its a tiny bit easier to do XD

• Brohoof 2

Ah; would love to see you at BronyCon or elsewhere as a vendor. Would love to meet you two someday, and maybe purchase whatever wares you would have. ^^

Going with the question on others shows, are you into things like gaming or anything else like that?

• Brohoof 2

This is the first Q&A I have actually taken part in! lol. This is fun! I love reading all of the answers. :squee:

My quick question for you two is, what do/would you say to inspiring artists/writers, who may be either struggling to find their niche, or somewhat feeling overwhelmed? Do you have any examples of when you felt like you were struggling or didn't feel motivated to continue? 

• Brohoof 4

Among pony artists, I'd say you both fall into a category that has a very distinct look for ponies, one which is clearly different from the show in a very noticeable way but at the same time still seems true to the spirit of the show's designs.  How did you develop this particular style and design for your characters?

I let Brigi answer this one ^_^

"this question is hard! well its years of practice tbh. sometimes i take part of other artstyles and try to add them to mine, for example i noticed that i started making them have that round face shape that is in a lot of cartoons nowdays (wich was totaly an accident lmao)"

• Brohoof 2

Ah; would love to see you at BronyCon or elsewhere as a vendor. Would love to meet you two someday, and maybe purchase whatever wares you would have. ^^

Going with the question on others shows, are you into things like gaming or anything else like that?

Minecraft is what we do most lmao XD 

My sister just got a nice gaming computer so you bet your buck ill be playing more games!! (Soul and Blade, Dragon Nest, Overwatch)

We also run a game called "White Doves Carnival Ball"

Once a month people sign up to place there MLP characters in the Hunger Games simulator and you can win prizes like art or money! While we do that we also play alot of Board Game online or Call me xyzzy which we give prizes for too ^_^ (shameless self advertizing)

This is the first Q&A I have actually taken part in! lol. This is fun! I love reading all of the answers. :squee:

My quick question for you two is, what do/would you say to inspiring artists/writers, who may be either struggling to find their niche, or somewhat feeling overwhelmed? Do you have any examples of when you felt like you were struggling or didn't feel motivated to continue? 

Oh I have lots of stories about that. I personally am struggling with depression and anxiety. Its getting better but I never wanted to do anything! I have SO MUCH to do for the comic and other projects and it was just to much and other times I didnt like the art I was doing. So I what I did was just stopped. and it helped for a bit! For a day or too I just let the ideas rattle around in my head instead of putting them all down on paper and when I started again the ones I wanted to do most where right there when I needed them and it was so much smoother

But this is just my personal method ^^; Im sure there are better ways or doing it :P

What on Earth is a Cool Ranch?

the best thing ever, thats what

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Minecraft is what we do most lmao XD

My sister just got a nice gaming computer so you bet your buck ill be playing more games!! (Soul and Blade, Dragon Nest, Overwatch)

We also run a game called "White Doves Carnival Ball"

Once a month people sign up to place there MLP characters in the Hunger Games simulator and you can win prizes like art or money! While we do that we also play alot of Board Game online or Call me xyzzy which we give prizes for too ^_^ (shameless self advertizing)

Oh I have lots of stories about that. I personally am struggling with depression and anxiety. Its getting better but I never wanted to do anything! I have SO MUCH to do for the comic and other projects and it was just to much and other times I didnt like the art I was doing. So I what I did was just stopped. and it helped for a bit! For a day or too I just let the ideas rattle around in my head instead of putting them all down on paper and when I started again the ones I wanted to do most where right there when I needed them and it was so much smoother

But this is just my personal method ^^; Im sure there are better ways or doing it :P

best thing ever, thats what

Owl are the best thing ever, how dare you suggest otherwise. Also, if the White Dove Carnival Ball is every month, why was the last one in May?

For all--Word to the wise, guys, their Minecraft server is like, really cool, so join it if you haven't. I'm TheLoster99 if ye ever wanna talk.

Edited by OwlFeather27

Owl are the best thing ever, how dare you suggest otherwise. Also, if the White Dove Carnival Ball is every month, why was the last one in May?

fight me owl

We went on Hiatus to work on the comic. It will be coming back in August with even more things to do!!!

• Brohoof 2

Are there any artists, either visual or in a different field (music, video, etc.) in the pony fandom whom you particularly admire or follow closely?

• Brohoof 2

fight me owl

We went on Hiatus to work on the comic. It will be coming back in August with even more things to do!!!

OKAY ILL FIGHT YOU. COME AT ME.

Yay! I missed out the last one =w=

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hello. This is my first Q&A that I've participated in.  :)

Do you have any advice for those who wish to contribute to the fandom, but are somewhat afraid that they'll end up looking foolish?

Edited by DrakeeSkalor
  • Brohoof 2

Oh I have lots of stories about that. I personally am struggling with depression and anxiety. Its getting better but I never wanted to do anything! I have SO MUCH to do for the comic and other projects and it was just to much and other times I didnt like the art I was doing. So I what I did was just stopped. and it helped for a bit! For a day or too I just let the ideas rattle around in my head instead of putting them all down on paper and when I started again the ones I wanted to do most where right there when I needed them and it was so much smoother But this is just my personal method ^^; Im sure there are better ways or doing it

I can completely relate to that, I struggle with anxiety as well. I notice that when I am struggling to stay motivated I do the same thing. Just step back and see what happens. I tend to draw things that make me happy, that helps me to get out of the funk.

It is inspiring to see others (especially those more in the spotlight) overcoming something that is relatable to many people in this fandom let alone other artists and writers as well! 

• Brohoof 2