Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

Are there any artists, either visual or in a different field (music, video, etc.) in the pony fandom whom you particularly admire or follow closely?

tsitra and nazegoreng :D

and of course so many more. We highly admire those who are trying their best to get better as well <3 We love to support them and encourage them to do more and get better

I can completely relate to that, I struggle with anxiety as well. I notice that when I am struggling to stay motivated I do the same thing. Just step back and see what happens. I tend to draw things that make me happy, that helps me to get out of the funk.

It is inspiring to see others (especially those more in the spotlight) overcoming something that is relatable to many people in this fandom let alone other artists and writers as well! 

And Im willing to talk about it as well to help those who need it ^_^

OKAY ILL FIGHT YOU. COME AT ME.

Yay! I missed out the last one =w=

We were thinking of moving and event to the Server but idk how well that would go :P

Hello. This is my first Q&A that I've participated in.  :)

Do you have any advice for those who wish to contribute to the fandom, but are somewhat afraid that they'll end up looking foolish?

Do it. Contribute. You will find your way! If you don't put anything out there (but you want to) how do you expect to grow and get better?

and ask for help, thats ok too ^_^

• Brohoof 5

tsitra and nazegoreng :D

and of course so many more. We highly admire those who are trying their best to get better as well <3 We love to support them and encourage them to do more and get better

And Im willing to talk about it as well to help those who need it ^_^

We were thinking of moving and event to the Server but idk how well that would go :P

Do it. Contribute. You will find your way! If you don't put anything out there (but you want to) how do you expect to grow and get better?

and ask for help, thats ok too ^_^

Well, I think you should have an event on the server, but keep one on dA as well. To be fair.

Heya! *boops you both* It's awesome to see lots of questions being answered! ... I really like your art!  :squee:

Just as @SFyr, I woke up sometime ago and just scanned this topic as best as I could. Excuse me if I ask anything that has been asked already.  :twi:

How much time did it take you to make the Anything you can do animatic? Oh, and got any fav videogames?

Oh, oh! And... what's your favorite drink/snack to get while making art?  :P

• Brohoof 2

Heya! *boops you both* It's awesome to see lots of questions being answered! ... I really like your art!  :squee:

Just as @SFyr, I woke up sometime ago and just scanned this topic as best as I could. Excuse me if I ask anything that has been asked already.  :twi:

How much time did it take you to make the Anything you can do animatic? Oh, and got any fav videogames?

Oh, oh! And... what's your favorite drink/snack to get while making art?  :P

"3 months on the animatic, if you want you can mention that tomorow is the 1 year where i started the first scketch"

^ From Brigi :D

Quinn loves Candy, sugar, bread with butter and jam. On sundays if im working (like today) its Tea with things like an english muffin or soup :P My fav game is POKEMON all of them, all the time

Brigi Loves tea and her fav game is zelda and prof layton

• Brohoof 3

"3 months on the animatic, if you want you can mention that tomorow is the 1 year where i started the first scketch"

^ From Brigi :D

Quinn loves Candy, sugar, bread with butter and jam. On sundays if im working (like today) its Tea with things like an english muffin or soup :P My fav game is POKEMON all of them, all the time

Brigi Loves tea and her fav game is zelda and prof layton

Tell Brigo that I love tea as well and she has very good taste in snacks.

• Brohoof 1

She says thank you :D Tea is great

Definitely. How did this turn into a discussion about tea again?

Anyway, I have to go. Can't let this distract from homework, I'll be back when done. Bye!

• Brohoof 2

@@spadesisters, I have to say, both your goals for your art are amazingly admirable. :grin: I wish you both the absolute best with growing as artists, and for Brigostre to reach the professional animator bit. ♪

Few more questions if you don't mind~♥

If you two weren't into the pony thing right now, or if you wind up doing something else in time, what do you think you would be doing art of?

Do you have any other fandoms that you consider yourselves a part of? --Or, series/worlds you aren't as involved with, but have a strong connection to?

I'm also throwing in a random animation-related question: feelings on Pixar, and old-Disney? ♥

• Brohoof 3

Definitely. How did this turn into a discussion about tea again?

Anyway, I have to go. Can't let this distract from homework, I'll be back when done. Bye!

Have a nice rest of your day :P

@@spadesisters, I have to say, both your goals for your art are amazingly admirable. :grin: I wish you both the absolute best with growing as artists, and for Brigostre to reach the professional animator bit. ♪

Few more questions if you don't mind~♥

If you two weren't into the pony thing right now, or if you wind up doing something else in time, what do you think you would be doing art of?

Do you have any other fandoms that you consider yourselves a part of? --Or, series/worlds you aren't as involved with, but have a strong connection to?

I'm also throwing in a random animation-related question: feelings on Pixar, and old-Disney? ♥

Well I always bring up wanting to do like a pokemon comic so maybe if we ever stopped with MLP that would be the way to go :P

hoh lord so many, we listed a few of the main ones before but Gravity Falls, SU, ML

and Pixar :D

• Brohoof 3

@@spadesisters, ahhh. ♥ Love all those things.

How well do the two of you deal with artblock, and do you have any tricks you've found to replenish motivation?

(Personally new music has always been a massive boon for me in that area, haha.)

• Brohoof 2

@@spadesisters, ahhh. ♥ Love all those things.

How well do the two of you deal with artblock, and do you have any tricks you've found to replenish motivation?

(Personally new music has always been a massive boon for me in that area, haha.)

Same! New music is very helpful. Brigi and I have a mildly different playlist so I sometimes send her stuff and vise versa~

• Brohoof 3

Same! New music is very helpful. Brigi and I have a mildly different playlist so I sometimes send her stuff and vise versa~

With that in mind what music do you two like to listen to? :)

• Brohoof 3

@@spadesisters, I have many memories of trying to mesh music styles with someone I'm close to.. :-P I'm glad y'all have at least similar enough tastes for swapping to be a thing, haha.

Is there a question the two of you have been expecting or wanting asked, which hasn't come up yet?

Or you know, feel free to self-promote with that or whatever, haha. ♪

• Brohoof 4

With that in mind what music do you two like to listen to? :)

Well I listen to a vast playlist. My songs are mood based and I have such a broad spectrum from Indie music to Dubstep (I literally have Miranda Cosgrove as one of my top played songs along with Dragon Force)

Brigi Loves anything with a good beat so lots of dubstep/house/electronic :D

• Brohoof 1

My curiosity demands me to ask moar questions!!! Hope you don't mind!

MotherSalem, what are your thoughts on Pokemon Sun/Moon? Which starter are you gonna choose?

Brigostre, which tea is best tea? (For me, it's chamomile :D )

Question for both: If you had ALL of the money/time to make any project right now, what would you do?

• Brohoof 3

Hello again!  This is a bit of a personal question for me since I write one, but what are your thoughts on what makes for a good crossover in MLP, whatever medium it's in?  I only ask since, while your work is not a crossover per se, you do do a lot with world building and playing around with the Equestrian setting, so there is some overlap in the two.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@spadesisters, I have many memories of trying to mesh music styles with someone I'm close to.. :-P I'm glad y'all have at least similar enough tastes for swapping to be a thing, haha.

Is there a question the two of you have been expecting or wanting asked, which hasn't come up yet?

Or you know, feel free to self-promote with that or whatever, haha. ♪

Brigi asked Fav Yourtubers :3

she says hers are projared, jontron,leafyishere

Mine are GameGrumps, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, pewds, Presshearttocontinue and Jaltoid!!

My curiosity demands me to ask moar questions!!! Hope you don't mind!

MotherSalem, what are your thoughts on Pokemon Sun/Moon? Which starter are you gonna choose?

Brigostre, which tea is best tea? (For me, it's chamomile :D )

Question for both: If you had ALL of the money/time to make any project right now, what would you do?

MOON!! And Popllio :D My seal babeh!

And Brigi likes green tea

An Animated series of our own creation~

EDIT: We have a long list of animations we want to do as well~

Hello again!  This is a bit of a personal question for me since I write one, but what are your thoughts on what makes for a good crossover in MLP, whatever medium it's in?  I only ask since, while your work is not a crossover per se, you do do a lot with world building and playing around with the Equestrian setting, so there is some overlap in the two.

IT has to work. It cant just feel slapped together or out of place ^^;

Edited by spadesisters
  • Brohoof 5

@@spadesisters,

Was there a particular moment that was like, "Yes, I want to animate!" for y'all? Or some pivotal moment where you knew you wanted to go the creative route?

Also, if you two DID get your own animated series, what would it be about? Would there be any major themes that y'all would want to focus on?

• Brohoof 4

Back to your OCs, what is the nature of Alpha and Paper Child's relationship in your mind in your own work?  Inseparable BFFs or something else?  Also, they seem to pop up a lot in the background of your bigger pieces, so are they sort of a "Where's Waldo" type of characters in your comic-related work?

• Brohoof 2

@@spadesisters,

Was there a particular moment that was like, "Yes, I want to animate!" for y'all? Or some pivotal moment where you knew you wanted to go the creative route?

Also, if you two DID get your own animated series, what would it be about? Would there be any major themes that y'all would want to focus on?

For me it was when I realized I wanted to do more art.

Brigi says "...not really? i always was an artist and animation looked really cool and fun and yeah o: i dont really know how to answer this im sorry :'D "

Oh lord that is loaded. We have so many ideas its hard to choose ^^;

• Brohoof 3

Back to your OCs, what is the nature of Alpha and Paper Child's relationship in your mind in your own work?  Inseparable BFFs or something else?  Also, they seem to pop up a lot in the background of your bigger pieces, so are they sort of a "Where's Waldo" type of characters in your comic-related work?

I like to call it Soul friends :P 

As for the pop ups, its jsut something fun we do if we see the opportunity :P Kinda like a hidden Mickey 

• Brohoof 4

I haven't read your comic, but will do as soon as I can  :P I do have a question though...

Have you thought about adding references to other shows you like or easter eggs in it?

• Brohoof 2