Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

what is your favorite colors?

Navy Blue for me

Olive green for Brigi

I haven't read your comic, but will do as soon as I can  :P I do have a question though...

Have you thought about adding references to other shows you like or easter eggs in it?

We have, in fact, done that already ^_^

• Brohoof 3

@@spadesisters, drifting into pokemon tangets real quick. Hope you don't mind. ♥

Do you have a "dream team" in mind for any of the games?

Also... have you dived into the current craze surrounding Pokemon Go?

I've been seeing so many people in my area wandering the night in packs hunting down pokemon. It's so wierd.

• Brohoof 3

I like to call it Soul friends :P

As for the pop ups, its jsut something fun we do if we see the opportunity :P Kinda like a hidden Mickey 

Very nice.  As far as your comic goes, of the three Spade Sisters (their names escape me at the moment since I don't think they get mentioned very much, would you be able to remind me real quick which is which?), do either of you have a favorite you particularly enjoy to work with, either because you like drawing them or really like working with and playing around with their character and personality in the story?

• Brohoof 1

The "Anything You Can Do" hearkens back to classic Broadway, the song being from Annie Get Your Gun. Now I have to ask as a theatre teacher and actor:

What's your favorite Broadway style musical? And if you can't pick, what's your top 3?

Thanks! :D

• Brohoof 2

@@spadesisters, drifting into pokemon tangets real quick. Hope you don't mind. ♥

Do you have a "dream team" in mind for any of the games?

Also... have you dived into the current craze surrounding Pokemon Go?

I've been seeing so many people in my area wandering the night in packs hunting down pokemon. It's so wierd.

I have 6 dream teams made out on my computer complete with names and stats XD

and yes!! I have to get a new phone plan so I can play more (becuase mine shut off) but I am team Mystic :D

Would you swim in a pool filled with SpaghettiOs? 

Hell yes

Very nice.  As far as your comic goes, of the three Spade Sisters (their names escape me at the moment since I don't think they get mentioned very much, would you be able to remind me real quick which is which?), do either of you have a favorite you particularly enjoy to work with, either because you like drawing them or really like working with and playing around with their character and personality in the story?

JailBreak (the blue one with the whip tail) and HeartBreak (the orange one with short blue hair) and the two I like working with most. Heart has such an interesting story and her sister jail compliments it really nice :3 (not going to give to much away)

The "Anything You Can Do" hearkens back to classic Broadway, the song being from Annie Get Your Gun. Now I have to ask as a theatre teacher and actor:

What's your favorite Broadway style musical? And if you can't pick, what's your top 3?

Thanks! :D

Hamilton, hands down our current favs

• Brohoof 3

Hamilton, hands down our current favs

Excellent answer; I'm a public historian myself so this answer pleases me very much.

Without giving too much away (and feel free not to answer this if you don't want to) can we expect to see any canon characters from MLP show up in the Spade Sisters comic at any point?

• Brohoof 2

Excellent answer; I'm a public historian myself so this answer pleases me very much.

Without giving too much away (and feel free not to answer this if you don't want to) can we expect to see any canon characters from MLP show up in the Spade Sisters comic at any point?

Luna and Celestia are the only current MLP canon characters we plan to have in the comic~

• Brohoof 4

Another MLP related question; favorite villain or antagonist? :)

• Brohoof 3

Some people say MLP:FiM should end this season since there's the risk that the quality of the show could drop. (Basically, they think it's better to end the show now while it is awesome, than seeing it become... well... not as good as it was) Do you see it the same way? Or do you wish the show to keep going for many more years? If so, how many seasons would you like the show to have in total?

Hope I'm not annoying you with my questions  :please:

• Brohoof 2

Another MLP related question; favorite villain or antagonist? :)

The Tantabus, I wish it got more time on the show :P

Some people say MLP:FiM should end this season since there's the risk that the quality of the show could drop. (Basically, they think it's better to end the show now while it is awesome, than seeing it become... well... not as good as it was) Do you see it the same way? Or do you wish the show to keep going for many more years? If so, how many seasons would you like the show to have in total?

Hope I'm not annoying you with my questions  :please:

honestly I dont have a good opinion on this because im not really as into the show as I was (dont get me wrong I still love it)

I mean even with shows that are still going we do get good episodes every once and a while so its not a BAD thing to let it keep going

• Brohoof 5

Bit of a personal question for you two, but would you say that one of the most rewarding things about the fandom and being in it was finding and befriending each other?  After all, it was a fellow fondness for drawing ponies that apparently brought you two, one being in the USA and another in Hungary, together; as far as I'm concerned that's putting the magic of friendship to practice right there.

• Brohoof 1

@@spadesisters, do the two of you ever have notable disagreements over the direction of the comic, or your collaborative work? If so, how do you two usually resolve it? :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Bit of a personal question for you two, but would you say that one of the most rewarding things about the fandom and being in it was finding and befriending each other?  After all, it was a fellow fondness for drawing ponies that apparently brought you two, one being in the USA and another in Hungary, together; as far as I'm concerned that's putting the magic of friendship to practice right there.

Thats a good way to put it :D But yes, Im so thankful that Brigi and I are friends and we found each other this way~

Question: Are you staying on MLP Forums to make friends with us humble folks? c:

most likely :D

@@spadesisters, do the two of you ever have notable disagreements over the direction of the comic, or your collaborative work? If so, how do you two usually resolve it? :grin:

Well we keep it seperated for the most part so I write the comic, she draws the comic. She doesnt know much of the story to be honest. The only time she knows whats going on it if shes doing that page or if I need to run an idea by her~

• Brohoof 5

Here's a question - how do you practice creativity? I've occasionally entertained the thought of drawing art, but while tools can be acquired and techniques can be learned, practiced and perfected, I tend to struggle with the idea of creation, rather than re-creation or reverse engineering.

• Brohoof 2

Here's a question - how do you practice creativity? I've occasionally entertained the thought of drawing art, but while tools can be acquired and techniques can be learned, practiced and perfected, I tend to struggle with the idea of creation, rather than re-creation or reverse engineering.

most of the ideas I have come out small. Something tiny but something i really love. Then you can basically snowball it. Add things to it that you think might work well or create a back story or change the design a little. Or keep the small idea. Nothing you do will hurt it, only expand it more.

If you want a good place to start, look up story or design prompts, that helps when im in a block~

• Brohoof 3

Well we keep it seperated for the most part so I write the comic, she draws the comic. She doesnt know much of the story to be honest. The only time she knows whats going on it if shes doing that page or if I need to run an idea by her~

Interesting, sounds a bit like the old Marvel method from back in the day when that company started producing some of its best work and characters.

Well, with that, it appears that our time together is at an end.  On behalf of Poniverse and MLP Forums, I want to thank the both of you so very much for joining us this afternoon and indulging our many, many questions.  This has been a lot of fun for us (and I hope for you as well), and it was very kind of you both to take the time to chat with us.  We hope you've found our little community as accommodating as possible and possibly a place to hang around from now on, if only to chat with some new friends if you so wish or even to share your future art in Octavia's Hall as well.  I wish you both the best in all your work, and hope it and your friendship and collaboration with one another continue to go wonderfully!  :muffins:

(NOTE: I'll keep the thread open for a little while longer in case we have some late questions come in; feel free to answer them at your leisure if you so wish)

• Brohoof 3

Interesting, sounds a bit like the old Marvel method from back in the day when that company started producing some of its best work and characters.

Well, with that, it appears that our time together is at an end.  On behalf of Poniverse and MLP Forums, I want to thank the both of you so very much for joining us this afternoon and indulging our many, many questions.  This has been a lot of fun for us (and I hope for you as well), and it was very kind of you both to take the time to chat with us.  We hope you've found our little community as accommodating as possible and possibly a place to hang around from now on, if only to chat with some new friends if you so wish or even to share your future art in Octavia's Hall as well.  I wish you both the best in all your work, and hope it and your friendship and collaboration with one another continue to go wonderfully!  :muffins:

(NOTE: I'll keep the thread open for a little while longer in case we have some late questions come in; feel free to answer them at your leisure if you so wish)

Oh this was wonderful I love that so many people stopped by and wanted to know about what we do ^_^ thank you so much for hosting us!!

• Brohoof 3

Oh this was wonderful I love that so many people stopped by and wanted to know about what we do ^_^ thank you so much for hosting us!!

But of course, it was our pleasure, and we're glad you both liked it so much!  :icwudt:

Oh, and don't forget everypony to join us again in two weeks for our next Q&A with the lovely SorcerusHorserus, creator of the Dash Academy series!!!

• Brohoof 4

If you want a good place to start, look up story or design prompts, that helps when im in a block~

What are those, if you don't mind me asking?

• Brohoof 1

What are those, if you don't mind me asking?

Prompts are pre made, extremely vague, ideas for you to develop on.

For stories it could be a word like "Space" or it could be a sentence like "Your character went to a coffee shop" and you would elaborate or make a story around it

Designs could also be a word or a palate 

• Brohoof 2

@@VinylWubs, I'll let them know you asked, I'm sure they'll be happy to respond 

Prompts are pre made, extremely vague, ideas for you to develop on.

For stories it could be a word like "Space" or it could be a sentence like "Your character went to a coffee shop" and you would elaborate or make a story around it

Designs could also be a word or a palate 

Looks like we got one more question up above, just thought I'd let you know before we lock the thread for good.  :proud:

• Brohoof 1

Darn I'm late..

Anyway, two questions..

1 Do you like pie?

2. Who does the most work?

Love pie :P

Brigostre for sure, hands down without a doubt

• Brohoof 3