Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does alt Twilight style her hair differently?

Azureth

Well, I think it's mostly because having it up is just convenient for all her experiments. And if you think about it, Sci-Twi and Pony Twi's hairstyles are similar to how Moondancer's and Pony Twi's hairstyles compare.

Maybe she likes her hair that way? Remember, Sci-Twi and Twilight are still two different people, so there's bound to be some differences between them. Afterall, Princess Twilight seemingly has 20/20 vision, whereas Human Twilight is almost blind without her glasses.

Or it could just be another way to tell them apart. 

Also think about their personalities. Sci-Twi is more shy, reserved, quiet and wants no attention at all. She's kind of rocking a "librarian" look.  The pony Twilight had magic by her side (I'm pretty sure her strong magic is what corrected her vision but that be headcanon), she made wonderful friends in Ponyville and was the newly Christened princess of friendship. So I think that her different, more open style, reflects that. They may be the alternate world version, but as @@PoisonClaw, said, they are different people.

I wonder how the rest of the Equestria ponies would look if they traversed through the portal, as far as their style.

• Brohoof 2