Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Secret of double life.

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

RP:https://mlpforums.com/topic/158300-secret-of-double-life-with-shadow-dancer/

Things that have to be planned are basically plot and few details. For starters here is few things that are already "known".

- There will be some kind of powers/magic/abilities/etc. that makes character superior towards humans (meaning that "normal" humans Can Not harm him/her. not even army) they can be...no they will be kinda OP from human standpoint if you want to use that word.

- If you choose to have these powers/magic/abilities/etc. too, our characters will be equal, meaning that their powers can be different, but they Can Not top each other in any way.

Things I like to mention/rules. 

- As said above, you can choose if you have these powers/magic/abilities/etc. too, or if you want to be just normal human or maybe some kind of special solider with equipment that allows fighting these powers/magic/abilities/etc. (if type of powers/magic/abilities/etc. we choose allows that)

- If you have to take break from the Rp for whatever reason, Please let me know.

- You can feel free to add plot twists and other things freely as long as they don't break the plot we have planned.

- I don't demand perfect grammar but I have to be able to understand what you are writing.

- Forum rules.

And after everything is planned there is the characters.

Name, appearance and crucial information are what are only needed. And if you want you character have specific piece of equipment (piece of clothing, mask, weapon etc.) that.

Personality and backstory is no needed to write down, because it's more interesting learn those through Rp, like in real life you don't know those before you know person better.

If you have something to ask, please ask. :)

Edited by The Cerberus

• 2 months later...

@@Shadow Dancer,

Sure, I don't remember what my original plan was since I made this about 3 months ago.

So, we need type of the powers first before the story/plot can be planned with detail. It can be pretty much anything from MLP-type of magic, to elemental powers or something like Ghouls from Tokyo Ghouls and Abilities like super speed. And everything between and more. So in other word, anything. 

Do you have any hopes/suggestions for that?

Okay sure, hmm for powers in general, honestly a MLP style "different kinds of abilities (magic use, strength/endurance, and flight and limited weather manipulation) but for the nigh untouchable by normal humans aspect. They could be on base more resistant to nearly everything. To a point of the weakest of them will have a strength and endurance beyond any regular human

(edited)

So (Did I understand it right?), "super"strength and endurance, magic that allows almost everything(depending on what has been practiced) (similar to unicorn magic in mlp) maybe flight. And resistance to nearly everything. (You mean like poisons and sickness or everything in sense as bullets, blades etc.?@@Shadow Dancer, )

Edited by The Cerberus

As for the last part I meant sickness, poison immunity and high radiation resistance things like that, sure bullets and blades would work but good luck,(you want this to be modern tech or pre modern, like before guns and the like

As for the last part I meant sickness, poison immunity and high radiation resistance things like that, sure bullets and blades would work but good luck,(you want this to be modern tech or pre modern, like before guns and the like

Aright.

I have really no "hopes" for the time period. It can be modern, futuristic, medieval, WW2/1, anything really. My character will probably use sword anyway.

Modern/near future sounds good for me at least because I kinda have an idea for my character that would require near future to use. Anyway as for bullet resistance I would imagine a mage could just block them, a winged human be a hard target, and the strongest variants would make sure they are close enough to render the advantage mute.

(edited)

Modern/near future sounds good for me at least because I kinda have an idea for my character that would require near future to use. Anyway as for bullet resistance I would imagine a mage could just block them, a winged human be a hard target, and the strongest variants would make sure they are close enough to render the advantage mute.

Sure,near future, so ballistic weapons, maybe some kind of armor technology and maybe even mech suits ? Little bit futuristic technology like hologram screens etc? or less future? or more?

Edited by The Cerberus

Yea that sounds good make the mech suits/power armor experimental tech in response to these new powers some now have. And as for holograms, another tech that is there but not quite cheap enough for avrage Joe yet though augmented reality tech would be more advanced

Yea that sounds good make the mech suits/power armor experimental tech in response to these new powers some now have. And as for holograms, another tech that is there but not quite cheap enough for avrage Joe yet though augmented reality tech would be more advanced

So, now we have power type, time period (more details can be said if can come up with examples of technology). Now we need story/plot, place, etc. And Characters after that. 

One thing is that there would be good to be reason why powers would be good to keep hidden (wings can be folded under clothes), doesn't need to be that must keep hidden or die, it can be smaller thing, just something why it would be chosen to keep them hidden. although, that isn't 100% necessary. and our characters don't know each other from start, at least not too well.

That sounds good though I was thinking on playing a normal human with experimental enhancements given because he was selected and accepted to be part of an experiment to see if a superhuman could be created to combat hostile (need a word for humans born with powers)

(edited)

That sounds good though I was thinking on playing a normal human with experimental enhancements given because he was selected and accepted to be part of an experiment to see if a superhuman could be created to combat hostile (need a word for humans born with powers)

That works, I was thinking to make my character "mage type" That has, like name suggests "double life". (I explain that when characters gets posted) and was thinking that our characters meet each other in ways that your character knows mine as 2 different people (both "lifes") and vice versa if your character has double life too.

For word for "Power-people" could be something like:

Evolved

Freak

Unnaturals

Mutants

Anomalies

And are we going with "hide or die" or "just highly disliked/hated/feared/etc." for "Power-people"?

Edited by The Cerberus

Dislike/hate/feared/ECT depending person to person.

As for my character he is military currently on leave as they observe the changes the experiment brings on. He is weary of "Powered-people" due to encountering a few hostile ones before he was part of the experiment.

Wow I'm already thinking about my character lol.

(edited)

Dislike/hate/feared/ECT depending person to person.

As for my character he is military currently on leave as they observe the changes the experiment brings on. He is weary of "Powered-people" due to encountering a few hostile ones before he was part of the experiment.

Wow I'm already thinking about my character lol.

Actually we could make our characters first. Story is easier to plan that way. we can just add the things that requires the story(if there is any) What do you say?

And is it okay to you that "powered-people" would be officially called "Anomalies" and most negative people call them simply freaks?

Edited by The Cerberus

Yea sounds a lot better then power-people to be honest. I'm on my phone at the moment so it won't be till 9 or 10 pm est that I will have a PC available and so my character creation will be done then.

Edited by Shadow Dancer
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Shadow Dancer,

Name: Michael Lahti. (Male)

Age 20-21

Hair: short blonde.

Eyes: Blue but when uses his magic, they get red glow.

Build: Average

Powers: powerful mage type Anomaly.  Has great amount of abilities but is strongest in defense, Levitation/telekinesis(Moving objects with magic) and buffs that help with swordplay (Reflects/speed, etc.)

Equipment: Mask and Custom sword that is made in a way that it can be made more powerful and penetrating with his magic.(Avatar and signature)

Keeps small coffeehouse at day, tries avoid to use his powers there and for now has succeeded.

At night is assassin, who only kills those who in his mind deserve it. (Criminals, corrupt authorities and some who fight him). Known by name "The Mask" because he uses dark clothing at his "jobs" meaning that for many, only and/or last thing they see is his mask. Nothing is known about The Mask besides the fact that he is anomaly.

Say if you don't like something.

Edited by The Cerberus

Subject # 57

Name: Marcus Vindex

Sex: Male

Height: 5' 10 before enhancements  6' 1" after

weight: 260 before enhancements 310 after. (suspected because of bone and muscle growth and density)

Build: Medium

Hair color: Dark Brown

Hair length: short

facial hair: stubble

Eye color: Brown

Identifying marks: Several scars on arms and one across the cheek. Birth mark under right shoulder. 

Abilities/powers: Strength,Endurance, Durability, and Reaction Time increases said to improve as the subject's body adapts and adjusts to changes. Slowing or halt of ageing (Ask for skin and blood samples to further study this phenominon). Signs of possible power or "magic" mutations. Observing for further study no reports of side effects so far from the subject.

History: U.S. Marine selected due to genetic compatibility like other subjects and maybe even better. Fireteam leader with several commendations and a excellent success rate. Parents are still alive and one brother (23) and a sister(30). Close to squad mates as expected. No relationship. On temporary leave for study. 

Done possibility of unexpected side effects or further mutation from enhancement serum

Edited by Shadow Dancer

(edited)

@@Shadow Dancer,

Your character is alright and I finished mine.

Are we going with fantasy-ish-USA as a place?

RP could start in the coffeehouse? And we need the basic story before we can start, it can be planned in detail while RPing but base would be good to have.

And I say this now. You ever have complains about anything in this RP, Tell it. I do the same.

Edited by The Cerberus

@@Shadow Dancer,

About the story.

You mentioned Anomaly cults and they being quiet. So, I was thinking if it would be something like:

Different Cults have been quiet because they have combined their forces and are planning some kind of revolution kind of thing and are strengthening their lines and eliminating those who are immediate thread for the plans.

this is suggestion, so what you think?