Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like the hot weather?

Member Berry

• 4 months later...

I LOVE hot weather, not really the dry kind of hot, but the humid and moist air kinda hot, like it is here in Florida especially during the summer. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I LOVE hot weather, not really the dry kind of hot, but the humid and moist air kinda hot, like it is here in Florida especially during the summer. 

38 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I HATE the hot weather. Especially the humid stuff. Which sucks cause that's where my girlfriend lives so most times when I go down there the weather puts me in a grumpy mood.:adorkable:

I'm sort of inbetween you both, I fucking love me some sun... just hate humid weather,
Especially humid heat

No, I can't stand the heat too long because its where I get most of my headache from.

Absolutely not. If it were merely an issue of heat, then it may be tolerable... but heat comes with an array of issues; more frequent natural disasters, omnipresent insects, constant noise during the day due to lawn maintenance and dogs, constant noise during nighttime due to deafening swarms of crickets... it is overall an utter nightmare in comparison to cool (if not cold) weather ad whatever it brings.

I do find warm weather to be perfectly tolerable, such as the early days of spring... but those don't tend to last terribly long. :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I definitely prefer hot weather over cold weather. My body just doesn't like cold weather all that much, and I also don't like wearing 50 different layers to keep warm in super cold weather. I prefer things humid not dry, and I grew up in a mostly cold and dry climate (though I was born in a super hot and wet climate..) though it does get super hot here too but still dry.

Hot and humid is what I prefer, my ideal temperature is in the 70's I would say. Upper 60's to mid 70's is where I prefer the most, with lots of water in the air. Dry is just too.. Dry. We all need water to survive though so yeah. xD

Only downside of hot weather is bugs, all the dang bugs out and about. And Downside of Humid weather is sweat. Other than that... I prefer heat over cold in many many many ways.

• Brohoof 2

On 4/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, The Recherche said:

Absolutely not. If it were merely an issue of heat, then it may be tolerable... but heat comes with an array of issues; more frequent natural disasters, omnipresent insects, constant noise during the day due to lawn maintenance and dogs, constant noise during nighttime due to deafening swarms of crickets... it is overall an utter nightmare in comparison to cool (if not cold) weather ad whatever it brings.

I do find warm weather to be perfectly tolerable, such as the early days of spring... but those don't tend to last terribly long. :mlp_pout:

I disagree that warm weather in of itself is tolerable, but I do agree with you on the rest. The warmer the weather gets the more bad things come back out. It's like nearly everything bad is associated with hot weather - tornadoes (and hurricanes depending on where someone lives), bugs, and noise outside, as you say. Also aside from the days getting darker sooner, it's so much easier to let my dog out in the winter, because I know there aren't any harmful bugs or plants I need to worry about her getting into.

The cooler months are generally just so peaceful, so worry-free. I despise the time of the year we're in right now, because in the last 48 hours I've had to take cover no less than 4 or 5 times. I'm just lucky that taking cover is all I had to deal with. It could have been worse, but that stress hangs over me constantly during this time of the year. I wish I could just control the weather and take it down to the 40s and 50s where no bad weather happens.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Envy said:

I disagree that warm weather in of itself is tolerable, but I do agree with you on the rest. The warmer the weather gets the more bad things come back out. It's like nearly everything bad is associated with hot weather - tornadoes (and hurricanes depending on where someone lives), bugs, and noise outside, as you say. Also aside from the days getting darker sooner, it's so much easier to let my dog out in the winter, because I know there aren't any harmful bugs or plants I need to worry about her getting into.

The cooler months are generally just so peaceful, so worry-free. I despise the time of the year we're in right now, because in the last 48 hours I've had to take cover no less than 4 or 5 times. I'm just lucky that taking cover is all I had to deal with. It could have been worse, but that stress hangs over me constantly during this time of the year. I wish I could just control the weather and take it down to the 40s and 50s where no bad weather happens.

I absolutely understand that. :please: I have already endured three tornado watches this year alone, none of which have produced an actual tornado, thankfully. Even so, the constant need to be able to drop whatever I am doing to reach cover went from nerve-wracking to outright obnoxious. I can't commit to anything too much, or else I might not be prepared to take cover... which meant that I was productively crippled on certain days .

Either way, you summarized what I enjoy about autumn and winter wonderfully; it is an incredibly relaxing time. Even though this spring has been remarkably bearable, it can never trump winter, in my eyes. Tornadoes and hurricanes being basically out of the question is already relieving enough, but this on top of the much better temperatures, the Holiday Season, the lack of certain insects, lack of allergies, and absolutely gorgeous scenery make autumn and winter the ideal time of the year for me. A forest of warm-coloured trees or a snowy landscape will always be more beautiful than a field of flowers or a tropical sunset, in my eyes.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, The Recherche said:

I absolutely understand that. :please: I have already endured three tornado watches this year alone, none of which have produced an actual tornado, thankfully. Even so, the constant need to be able to drop whatever I am doing to reach cover went from nerve-wracking to outright obnoxious. I can't commit to anything too much, or else I might not be prepared to take cover... which meant that I was productively crippled on certain days .

Either way, you summarized what I enjoy about autumn and winter wonderfully; it is an incredibly relaxing time. Even though this spring has been remarkably bearable, it can never trump winter, in my eyes. Tornadoes and hurricanes being basically out of the question is already relieving enough, but this on top of the much better temperatures, the Holiday Season, the lack of certain insects, lack of allergies, and absolutely gorgeous scenery make autumn and winter the ideal time of the year for me. A forest of warm-coloured trees or a snowy landscape will always be more beautiful than a field of flowers or a tropical sunset, in my eyes.

Last year we had a tornado happen a couple of counties over on the last day of November. I was so frustrated, because that's supposed to be the peaceful time of the year. The vast majority of the time it is, though. That was a very rare event.

I actually really think that beaches and fields of flowers are very beautiful. Nature is just really beautiful in general. What really sets winter apart for me is that it is actually tolerable to be outside. That picture with the flowers looks really beautiful to me, but I just can't help but also associate it with heat, humidity, and bugs flying all around my face. Personally, I do like the winter aesthetic (even without snow) the best, though. The contrast between the evergreens and everything else being brown/yellow has always just been really beautiful to me. I just think that the other seasons are beautiful, too... But only in pictures, or peering out from a window. lol

• Brohoof 1

I hate it! :angry:

I get enough of it as it is here and would be more than happy if the sun became extinguished. How are you supposed to recover from the heat while working, or while hiding inside from it?

At least with cold weather you can simply wrap up or exercise. Give me cold weather any day. >_>

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I LOVE sunshine, but not the heat and humidity that tends to come with it  During the summer,  the mosquitoes will pick up anything that isn't bolted down.  :sealed:

I don't handle heat/humidity very well, but have no problem wearing shorts in freezing temps. Must be the ethylene glycol circulating in my veins.  :dash:

Edited by Ultraviolet Phosphor
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...