Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Legend of Everfree Trailer and Release Date

Golden Star

Looks like it will be interesting; no doubt there. Granted I need to wait until I can get home to fully digest the trailer, but I do like what I see. From the looks of things they are keeping the link to Equestria at least in some form. :)

@@Golden Star

Also letting you know I added a spoiler tag for those who wish to avoid it. :)

• Brohoof 6

The Netflix Premiere was a smart thing to have negotiated. I would not be surprised if Netflix was the number 1 'official' platform for audience viewership of the main series and the EqG films.

• Brohoof 3

Already from the bat this looks way better than FG in several ways the mane 6 don't look like they'll be background characters, the background round characters look like they'll have more important roles to play and speak, etc. I'm already too excited for this I'm abouta go hardcore this whole week in Football practice! But I think we can all agree on what really matters... MORE SUNSET SHIMMER!!!!!

I'll have to see the trailer a couple more times to get my final thoughts and feelings but as of now... The Hype Train is real!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

The Netflix Premiere was a smart thing to have negotiated. I would not be surprised if Netflix was the number 1 'official' platform for audience viewership of the main series and the EqG films.

Another good reason why I'm glad to be a Netflix member. Netflix instant streaming also means jumping between episodes so fast and easy that I sometimes do little mini-marathons on "ONCE Upon a Time" and the FiM/EG series. :)
  • Brohoof 2

This one seems a bit darker then the others. More mature? Nevermind. I admit the EQG movies were pretty horrific the first time i saw them, but after saw them again and now seen the trailer for this next one.  I look forward to it, wether the other bronies in the local area do is somthing else.

This trailer was pretty cool. I'm already in love with all the new outfits on display. One thing I found really interesting in the mane 6 receiving new magic powers it'll be interesting to see how that pans out. And the song that closes out the trailer sounds really good and I look forward to hearing the full version. 

(edited)

So, it looks like they decided to go the route of "officially" giving each of the six unique magical powers, ala power ponies
I actually approve and like this; it adds more diversity to the group besides just being able to summon giant rainbow lasers. Based on this, I'm betting they're trying to push the series more fully into a magical girl direction as well.

So, we Have what look to be Barrier/Shield powers for rarity with her diamond shield thing; That works thematically with her Symbol (3 diamonds), plus it works decently enough with her persoanlity: she's not really the type to be a front line fighter kind of person, so giving her support abilities is a good pick.

Rainbow dash looks to have super speed... so she's basically Pony rainbow dash more or less. Nothing wrong there.

Fluttershy looks to more or less Ma-ti from captain planet, so they're just taking her animal affinity and cranking it up to pony fluttershy levels.

Twilight is... twilight, telekinesis and non specific magical abilities, just like normal twilight.

I couldn't see any abilities used by either Pinkie, AJ or Sunset in that trailer. That being said, Going to bet on super strength for AJ, and probably either Pinkie sense/Cartoon physics in a more Concrete "weaponized" sense for Pinkie.

Edit: So it looks like, based on watching that trailer again, that Pinkie can make Confetti themed explosions: Basically, that she can do party cannons at will without a canon.

large.png

additionally, I got a new theory about what the plot is.
When Gaia shows up and is evil, her face is encrusted in purple gems

1206838__safe_solo_equestria+girls_scree

additionally, her color is Different from her OTHER appearance in the trailer

1206876__safe_equestria+girls_screencap_

and THIRD, we know there's a giant cave filled with Purple/red magical crystals, yeah?

I'm betting the TRUE villain is the crystals, or the being behind them, and Gloriosa/Gaia is being possessed by the crystals covering her; I'm also betting the crystals will try and possess the mane six as well.

Anyways, betting that Gaia everfree (Or gloriosa as I'm pretty sure that's who it is) is just going to be unable to control her powers and this has the problem of her always being seen as malevolent whenever she appears, ala Frankenstein's monster being viewed as evil on sight.
With the mane six getting magic they'll probably try and then synch up them learning to control their magic with Gloriosa having issues controlling her magic, with special focus on twilgiht due to the previous midnight sparkle stuff and fear of her magic due to it.

This trailer has me much more interested than I was in FG.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

So, it looks like they decided to go the route of "officially" giving each of the six unique magical powers, ala power ponies

I actually approve and like this; it adds more diversity to the group besides just being able to summon giant rainbow lasers. Based on this, I'm betting they're trying to push the series more fully into a magical girl direction as well.

So, we Have what look to be Barrier/Shield powers for rarity with her diamond shield thing; That works thematically with her Symbol (3 diamonds), plus it works decently enough with her persoanlity: she's not really the type to be a front line fighter kind of person, so giving her support abilities is a good pick.

Rainbow dash looks to have super speed... so she's basically Pony rainbow dash more or less. Nothing wrong there.

Fluttershy looks to more or less Ma-ti from captain planet, so they're just taking her animal affinity and cranking it up to pony fluttershy levels.

Twilight is... twilight, telekinesis and non specific magical abilities, just like normal twilight.

I couldn't see any abilities used by either Pinkie, AJ or Sunset in that trailer. That being said, Going to bet on super strength for AJ, and probably either Pinkie sense/Cartoon physics in a more Concrete "weaponized" sense for Pinkie.

Edit: So it looks like, based on watching that trailer again, that Pinkie can make Confetti themed explosions: Basically, that she can do party cannons at will without a canon.

sig-4609103.large.png

additionally, I got a new theory about what the plot is.

When Gaia shows up and is evil, her face is encrusted in purple gems

sig-4609103.1206838__safe_solo_equestria

additionally, her color is Different from her OTHER appearance in the trailer

sig-4609103.1206876__safe_equestria%20gi

and THIRD, we know there's a giant cave filled with Purple/red magical crystals, yeah?

I'm betting the TRUE villain is the crystals, or the being behind them, and Gloriosa/Gaia is being possessed by the crystals covering her; I'm also betting the crystals will try and possess the mane six as well.

Anyways, betting that Gaia everfree (Or gloriosa as I'm pretty sure that's who it is) is just going to be unable to control her powers and this has the problem of her always being seen as malevolent whenever she appears, ala Frankenstein's monster being viewed as evil on sight.

With the mane six getting magic they'll probably try and then synch up them learning to control their magic with Gloriosa having issues controlling her magic, with special focus on twilgiht due to the previous midnight sparkle stuff and fear of her magic due to it.

This trailer has me much more interested than I was in FG.

You really love Crysallis,Do you?

Looks kewl and all, but some of the character designs look a bit off to me. What's her face w/ the flower wreath on her head looks like she was cut straight from the promotional art. 

(edited)

I'm really excited to see Equestria Girls Legend Of Everfree after seeing the trailer! The animation is definitely different and I like it so far. I wonder if the magic creature controls the pony Everfree forest too. Anybody know if it will be shown on Discovery Family?????

Edited by StitchandMLPlover

Another good reason why I'm glad to be a Netflix member. Netflix instant streaming also means jumping between episodes so fast and easy that I sometimes do little mini-marathons on "ONCE Upon a Time" and the FiM/EG series. :)

I'm tempted to get netflix just for this movie.

Well, that and Voltron: legendary guardian.

You really love Crysallis,Do you?

Hah, from the back she DOES look like chrysalis.

I don't think we'll see EQG chrysalis in this movie though; Plus, EQG chrysalis is black, not brown. (Sadly. I think the black look is kind of tacky)

1156042__safe_solo_equestria+girls_scree

Hmm, I liked this trailer better than I thought I would. Rainbow Rocks was the best EQG in my opinion, but I think this movie has a decent shot of matching it or even surpassing it. I like this darker turn that the EQG series is taking.

• Brohoof 1

looks kinda cool.

not gonna lie though, Gaia everfree sounds like hasbro used an online name generator. like "lets take the personification of the earth and mash it together with the name of the forest in equestria so it sounds kinda ponyish" her name is just not very clever i think