Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some weird phobias you have?

Vampira Heart

~Trypophobia, fear of random, irregular holes in things..

Dunno...but it just weirds me out and makes me itchy, whenever I see images of it orsee it in the real world.

~Phonophobia, loud sounds.Although mine varies,depending on the sound.

This mainly goes for sirens when I'm close to them.

~Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.

Any and all clowns...dunno why...I just don't like them.

~Trypophobia, fear of random, irregular holes in things..

Dunno...but it just weirds me out and makes me itchy, whenever I see images of it orsee it in the real world.

~Phonophobia, loud sounds.Although mine varies,depending on the sound.

This mainly goes for sirens when I'm close to them.

I have all of those too except the noise cause I'm afraid of any noise that is loud or unknown noises and I have other fears except some of them are very weird :/

I didn't know they had an official name for this fear. Thank you for clarifying it! They scare the living crap out of me...something about all that makeup covering up some hyper-kinetic, overly happy and ultimately chaotic person (or thing). If a clown showed up at my birthday party, I'd call the cops.  :confused:

(edited)

I have a fear of naturally perfect round holes. Not trypophobia, because that doesn't bother me at all, but just... any hole that is naturally occuring and perfectly round... I'm sure that sounds strange, and I sure as hell feel like it is, but yeah...

Oh, and clowns...

Edited by Ink Well

(edited)

I don't think this is a real phobia, but when I was a small child, I was terrified of large, dark clouds at nighttime. I somehow got it into my head that they were black holes, and were going to suck up the Earth. I guess I've always been a nerd. ^_^

Edited by TopQuark

I have the oddly specific fear of very large fish. I'm not necesarrily sure why I struggle with this... Large fish, such as whale sharks or groupers, scare me beyond belief. It's a bit strange to me considering whales and dolphins don't frighten me one bit.

I'm not sure if it has a name, but I'm super afraid of aquatic plants. Some people might see it as the lack of swimming skills, but I really can't swim in the deeper parts of natural waters unless I have a floatie. Because of the plants that lurk in the bottom. They look frightening as well as feel like fear itself, so I can't help but get my breathing latched for a while if I encounter them. It's even worse if I'm diving and suddenly run into the plants.  :love:  Even the thought makes me feel weird.

I'm not scared of much. And I'm very easy to scare. And believe me, my irl friends have tried to make me jump countless times. Never works... Dunno why.

I would say I'm scared of heights/falling, but I'm not. Just a bit of vertigo.

I have a perfectly rational fear of Youtube comments sections.

I think that's called Commentrollephobia :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

Trypophobia is a pretty common one, and almost everyone I've spoken to has it. Though I have it on a minor level, it only bothers me for about 10 - 15 seconds

Hemophobia but again on a minor level... the sight, smell, or thought of blood makes my skin crawl, and stomach turn... Though my own blood doesn't bother me, its other people's blood that causes this. I dunno if this is normal, or not...

Acrophobia again a pretty common one, I've mostly gotten over it to where I won't panic when I'm on a 10th floor balcony. Though still bothers me to where I can't look over high edges, nor watch people go near them, AND GOD FORBID THEY LAY ON THE EDGE... Oh man my Ex did that to me all the time cause she knew it bothered me. It also bothered her sister... so two birds with one stone I suppose.

Melissophobia is my greatest fear, and no matter how much I age I will always be terrified of those flying abominations. My worst experience with this was an 8th grade field trip to a ranch out by a forest to the north. The ranch was large, and it was a place filled with activities in the forest, the ranch itself, and I believe I remember a chicken coop. Though the forest part of the ranch was infested with bees, and wasp, AND OF COURSE THAT WAS NEVER MENTIONED WHEN I SIGNED UP! The field trip was also 15 hours long going from 5 AM - 8 PM, yet I somehow managed not to get stung. 

Well, I have a weird fear of killer whales for an even weirder reason....

I once dreamed that me and my little brother got into a pool which was only as deep as our knees. Then there was a killer whale there that almost ate my little brother. Luckily we were saved my some weird man that got eaten by a bear and we got out of the pool. Since that dream I'm scared of killer whales, DON'T JUDGE ME!

(edited)

I have a strong phobia of most foods (including all meats and vegetables), and it's been this way my entire life.

Edited by Rivendare

I have a fear of lightning.

About a year ago, while driving home from work, my car was struck by a lightning bolt. Thank God nothing happened to my car lol.

And just a few days ago a pole, about 3 feet away from my window, was struck. That loud crack scared the living poop outta me!

And the lightning caused my circuit breaker--which was right next to me--to send out sparks! I'm not joking when say that I thought I was gonna die! It ruined most of my electronics...

So yeah... I hate lightning!

Melissophobia: the fear of bees, wasps, and the like. But you know what's strange? I have never been stung. I just have this intense fear of those critters whenever they are near me. A few years ago, my family and I stayed in a cabin up in the mountains for a week. However, wasps kept getting in at the most inconvenient times. One night, I couldn't even sleep because there was a wasp by one of the windows and I had this idea in my head that it might land on me while I was asleep. When I was a kid, I also used to have nightmares about unnaturally huge bees landing on me.

I also have trypophobia: the fear of irregular patterns or clusters of holes and bumps. I've had nightmares about these popping up on my skin many times. You know those random ads that are like "Lose 20 pounds with this one weird trick" and have a random photo next to them? Well, I've seen a bunch of them with some creepy photo of skin with holes in it and it always sends chills down my spine. Not to mention I lose my appetite.

• Brohoof 1

I have a phobia of the word h*te....notice i can't even type it out without censoring it x.x; I get really upset when i see it, and EVEN MORE upset if i...hear it....like i can flip out really badly over it. I also have a phobia of being called a 'guy'. Both these phobias have made it hard to stay in my social group, and i had to leave it...cuz they couldn't just stop talking in a way i didn't like when they had so many other people to worry about. :/ i understand them..

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a fear of open doors  :wat:  well... during the night anyway. (does that count as a phobia :huh:)

and more or less afraid of the dark

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 1

This is a bit embarrassing, but I am afraid of the dark. I always need to have some light on.

im kinda the same way :P no need to be embarrassed there ;o

• Brohoof 1

I have a fear of open doors  :wat:  well... during the night anyway. (does that count as a phobia :huh:)

and more or less afraid of the dark

Yes it is I have the same one and I hate when doors are open it scares me car doors school doors and other doors all give me a feeling of uncontrol and uneasiness

I have many phobias acually but that is one of them

This is a bit embarrassing, but I am afraid of the dark. I always need to have some light on.

Doing worry I am afraid of the dark too if it is dark and I am alone I will go nuts to find a light
  • Brohoof 2

I have a lot of common(ish) fears: public speaking, being abandoned or lost, spiders (of course)... etc.

But my weirder ones include (but are not limited to...): loud noises, being robbed during the night, dummies, puppets, porcelain dolls, animatronics; and I tend to try and avoid beer-battered mushrooms.  :okiedokieloki: Those things make me very uneasy... although I'm unsure of why, out of every food which makes me feel queasy, it's the mushrooms I'm 'scared' of.  :confused: