Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some weird phobias you have?

Vampira Heart

Odd holes in things are creepy. Basically it, I don't think I have much strong fears, well I was paranoid before and that was legit torture, but I don't think I have been afraid of stuff so much since I got over that, lost my fear of the dark and everything, now I get unsettled or mildly afraid nothing overwhelming.

But fear of conflict, and potential future problems I fear. I am stuck in my room most of every day, I can talk, I can go to the stores don't have a license, never in a relationship, no irl friends. So some minor fears but not phobias related to that stuff, and psychology stuff, like others being irrational leading to potential aggression, being judged I am afraid of(fear of not making a half decent first impression, despite not keeping up my appearances because I don't socialize), theres a lot of small ones. Related to my bronyism, anti-theism, crime regions, and I fear for the future, even if I die I think the future should have something going for it. Don't need a technological singularity getting apocalyptic because of some radical fundamentalists, or paranoid people etc. More like insecurities than fears, I guess thats the word, I have a lot of insecurity, I prolly didn't list half of them.

Edited by Lil Pip

Triskadekaphobia

I take my fear of the number 13 way too far, I outright refuse to write it sometimes. I'm not normally superstitious but bad things have always happened around that number from what I've experienced.

Edited by Battenberg

• 2 years later...

Well I have  Mageirophobia, or a fear of cooking. Probably the weirdest one aside from my fear of public bathrooms, but with that one there's a little extra context.

But I also have a fear of social situations, I have a fear of deep water, and I have a fear of heights. I also think I'm a little afraid of the dark.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

On 2/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, Narcissus said:

I'm afraid of animals. I'm sure that sort of thing has a scientific name but I don't know what it is. I don't like them at all and they make me very nervous.

That's very interesting! As a lover of nature myself, I fail to see many good reasons why to be afraid of ALL animals but I don't shame people who do. I do believe there is a word for your fear. As for one of my phobias, love is a huge one. I always get scared of falling in love with the wrong person. 

Eh, bugs. I'm not scared of all bugs, really just roaches. I'm okay around spiders, beetles, crickets, centipedes, and other creepy crawlies, but I can't do roaches.

I'm also afraid of deep water. I don't swim very well, and I don't like swimming in a place where I can't see what's close.

• 1 month later...

Putting these under a spoiler just in case 

Spoiler

Acrophobia (heights, but if I’m on a really secure platform like with railing all along it and it’s kind of high railings I’m pretty fine still a tiny bit freaked out but not panic attack levels). Coulrophobia(clowns, wearing songs and red noses isn’t too bad, though big comfy couch is one of the very few clown based things I can watch just fine). Katsaridaphobia(cockroaches, they just freak me out okay).  Emetophobia(vomiting, stemmed from having horrible stomach viruses when I was younger, causing the act of vomiting to terrify and freak me out because it’d get to the point where it’d really really burn my throat coming out due to vomiting fits). There’s not a name for it that I know of but roller coasters are kind of a phobia of mine, I’ve ridden like 3 I think and they just weren’t pleasant, the high heights a majority of them go doesn’t help any even if I’m in a cart the thought of going up that high really gets to me. Aquaphobia/Thalassophobia(Drowning/the open sea, it’s mostly just drowning but being lost at sea terrifies me too).  Trypanophobia(needles, I just hate them they freak me out and getting shots even as a full grown adult still scares me tbh).

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I have a fear of unfamiliar bathrooms. It's a trauma that I've had since I was a kid. I'm far better with it now, but I don't think it'll ever truly go away.

Edited by Cash_In