Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some weird phobias you have?

Vampira Heart

I don't know if it counts as a phobia but for some reason I have some weird fear or aversion to velvet.

If I touch something that's made from velvet it makes an uncomfortable chill run straight through me. In fact, it's giving me the chills just thinking about it now  :unsure:

AlektorophobiaAlektorophobia is a specific phobia, the fear of chickens and other fowls such as roosters. 

Its super silly but I am deathly afraid of chickens/roosters. Long story short I was bitten by a rooster when I was a kid and haven't been able to be in the same room/area with a chicken/rooster since.

Chiroptophobia - Fear of bats.

Ever since a bat flew into my bedroom age 7, I've been deathly scared of the endangered flying rabies vessels. I can deal with fictional and cartoon ones, just not real ones.

Sedatephobia - Fear of silence.

This is mostly due to a combination of my social anxiety and mild tinnitus, I need to have some form of noise on in a room at all times, whether it be music, a TV or just people talking to feel at ease. Hell, I have to fall asleep to something on the TV or my computer so I don't go insane hearing nothing but the sound of my own breathing. I even was allowed to have music on during my exams at school because of this and it improved my workload by around 50 - 75%.

I don't know if this one has a name, but I did at one point have a fear of substances going onto my hands and 'contaminating them', which prevented me from washing my hands outside of showers for a full year for fear that even soaps and other hygiene products would cause my hands problems. Was a real pain.

Trypophobia alhtough I'm getting more comfortable with this stuff as the time passes.

I'm also not a big fan of spiders. Well as long as I see them I'm fine, but when they disappear I start freaking out :D

I used to be afraid of the dark back in the days, but I think most of us were and nearly everyone grows out of it ^^

So far im yet to meet someone else with the same fear as me.

Mushrooms, they just make me uncofortable, like they're going to sprout tendrils and dig inside the pores of my skin

-If there's any bug or insect that I cannot stand, it is Hornets, Wasps, and Bees. And for the record, I have no positive memories on any of them. 

-Trypophobia - This is my main fear. I don't know why but I appear to have a kinda severe case of it. If I look at something that could trigger it, it makes me feel really sick. I have thrown up a few times but my stubborn nature denied that this was the reason. 

-Clowns, dolls, mannequins, cause those things are creepy.

-I also have a weird fear of heights on obvious angles. Heights itself are scary but angles make everything worse.

-I hate planes and elevators. Planes can't land easily and elevators could easily drop hundreds of feet without any notice.

Galeophobia, sort of. I don't actually fear sharks, per se. But I do have the fear that, somehow, there is one in any swimming pool, but only when I'm alone in the pool. :crackle:

I have Gephyrophobia. "Gephyrophobia is the anxiety disorder or specific phobia characterized by the fear of bridges." So yea, if you ever meet me irl, never take me over a bridge or so help me god!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm scared of needles, but I've started to get over it in the past few years. I'm kind of scared of open water, but I would say it makes me nervous rather than actual fear. I was scared of bees for a long time, but once I got stung by one I realized it's not that bad, so I've gotten over that fear. Other than that, I don't know. It's not that I'm fearless, because I am definitely not fearless, but I don't have many specific irrational fears.

Edited by El Duderino

I hate medical needles, the mere thought of them makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and often causes me to sweat a lot, but seeing them can actually make me nauseous, on one occasion I threw up. Whenever I need an injection I have to close my eyes before I see the needle, and I have to force myself into pretending that it isn't happening. The uncomfortableness and sweating also extends to surgical scalpels.

There's a reason why I avoid Hospitals when possible.

not really a phobia but i hate flying objects

not like planes, helicopters, ect.

i actually quite like flying in planes.

im talking about small objects, like balls, waterbottles, backpacks. i just get super uncomfortable when things go whizzing through the air. i cant even tolerate playing sports.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing that terrifies me the most is eternity. Yes, I'm scared of anything that might last forever. It's called apeirophobia if I recall correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't stand having my blood pressure checked. Or drawn (but that's because of the tourniquet). I'm not afraid of blood itself, I'm afraid of feeling my veins bounce. I don't like it one bit.

Other than that, I'm good. I'm actually drawn to clowns, mannequins, dolls, the dark, etc.