Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

So we got new info from Comic-Con at the Hasbro panel today! I thought I should share them with you, and you can share your feedback on it! :D

* Josh Haber wrote the season 6 finale, so I like the sound of that!

* Twilight is going to the Wonderbolts Academy! I'm guessing that's gonna be the Top Bolt episode. It might be a Twilight-Rainbow map episode!

* Pony Zombies! I guess that's gonna be 28 Pranks Later, cause it matches the summary! ;)

* William Shatner's coming on the show, so along with John de Lancie, he's the second Star Trek actor coming on the show! Perhaps, he might be a friend of Discord! ;)

* More CMC episodes are coming!

* And finally, my favorite: Spike's confirmed to be getting a song this season! :D

There was more info, but I don't think they're worth sharing, like Meghan answering the fan question with a "maybe" if Celestia is having an episode.

They also shared a preview of the next episode: 

So what do y'all think? :D

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 6

She did one of those non-confirmation confirmation maybe's on Sunset returning and Tia. Also her 'that you know of' comment about season six sounds like Season 7 official announcement is forthcoming.

You can add a spoiler tag by self editing BTW. :)

She did one of those non-confirmation confirmation maybe's on Sunset returning and Tia. Also her 'that you know of' comment about season six sounds like Season 7 official announcement is forthcoming.

You can add a spoiler tag by self editing BTW. :)

How do I add the tag in then? The scroll down thingy that activates the tag isn't there on the edit.

There's been some speculation from Jim's Twitter feed several weeks back that Spike was getting his own musical number, so I'm thrilled to hear Cathy Weseluck confirm the rumor that it will happen in "The Times are a Changeling!" Woo!  :ph34r:

I was surprised there was no confirmation or denial of Season 7 at the panel, though the way folks have been acting at DHX at this panel and other times it seems more likely than not S7 is indeed happening. (How long it is - 26 or 13 episodes - remains a total mystery.)

1) Hm... I'll withhold judgment.

2) Sounds interesting.

3) This, I'm looking forward to. I knew I was in for a treat at the 28 Days Later reference.

4) *dying* I am so excited to for William Shatner appear! Was admittedly hoping that he would have a role as Starswirl, but oh well.

5) I could do without. I don't really see the point of another CMC centered episode, unless it revolves around Scootaloo (specifically, Scootaloo FLYING).

6) This, I am hopeful for. I would very much like for Spike to get some positive spotlight.

Overall, I have high hopes for the rest of the season. :)

Oh woops, forgot to add the spoiler tag. XD Moderator?

Done, but as Jeric stated you can add them yourself. You just have to go the full editor and the drop-down menu should be there. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All of this sounds pretty cool.

Some of the standout news to me was:

1) Josh Haber writing the finale. All of his episodes so far have been awesome!

2) Pony zombies sounds like it could be cool if executed properly.

3) Top Bolt sounds like it has potential to be chock full of Top Gun easter eggs. I mean look at the title of the episode.

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony

I've been wanting another TwiDash episode and it looks like this confirms it. Can't wait, and apparently it's a map episode, which likely confirms a Flutterjack pair up, which is also underused.

• Brohoof 2

William Shatner eh? And with Patton Oswalt being on next week's episode, the number of guest stars increases... HYPE :D

Sounds like some great episodes coming, can't wait. :)

I've been wanting another TwiDash episode and it looks like this confirms it. Can't wait, and apparently it's a map episode, which likely confirms a Flutterjack pair up, which is also underused.

A map episode where Twilight and Rainbow are tasked to go to the Wonderbolts? Could it be the 'bolts are finally going to get some much-needed friendship lessons?  :D

• Brohoof 2

You missed mentioning that Tabitha threw out that there's another Rarity focus episode coming out in the second half.

Probably pony point of view, since she mentioned the rarity episode would have different perspectives in it, correct?

• Brohoof 2

I'm disappointed that they didn't show any animatic clips from upcoming episodes this year.

What's the point? This season hiatus ends this week anyway :dash:

Anyway, so, FREAKING EXCITED :wub:

(edited)

What's the point? This season hiatus ends this week anyway :dash:.

Anyway, so, FREAKING EXCITED :wub:

I like seeing parts of episodes in their animatic form, and making video comparisons showing both the animatic and final versions of the scenes. Edited by Da King
  • Brohoof 1

Another Twidash episode? I can dig it their chemistry is great can't wait.

Unforgintly the newer CMC episodes have been very....not good, IMO so I'm kinda not looking forward to them. Hope I'm wrong and its good.

Zombies....ugh so overdone so guess I can take relef that its pony zombies...

Probably pony point of view, since she mentioned the rarity episode would have different perspectives in it, correct?

That's right!

In fact, the panel was interesting in that their answers pretty much confirmed the list of episodes that included "PPOV".

The only episode we know nothing about is "Every Little Thing She Does", which is looking less likely to be a wrap up of Sparity since "PPOV" is now confirmed to be a Rarity episode. Unless Rarity really is slated to have two more episodes about her this season?

(edited)
There was more info, but I don't think they're worth sharing, like Meghan answering the fan question with a "maybe" if Celestia is having an episode.

Yup. Maybe. And maybe Twilight grows another pair of wings...or we just get another big episode for Luna :dry:

As usual i might be in the minority with this, but i grow tired with such an info about Celestia and it's not funny anymore. Especially if it is from people who are by now rather known for the mindset: "Celestia? Luna, Cadance and Discord FIRST!"

Just say no and i can move on... :dry:

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

That's right!

In fact, the panel was interesting in that their answers pretty much confirmed the list of episodes that included "PPOV".

The only episode we know nothing about is "Every Little Thing She Does", which is looking less likely to be a wrap up of Sparity since "PPOV" is now confirmed to be a Rarity episode. Unless Rarity really is slated to have two more episodes about her this season?

Probably Fluttershy since it'd be weird if she only got one episode in an entire 26 episode season.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if Meghan is either trolling us or is being honest that Celestia might be getting an episode all to herself in the future, and whether or not Sunset will return home to Equestria, but after what was done at the San Diego Comic Con, I can't wait for the rest of Season 6, the next Equestria Girls movie, and whatever they have planned for 2017 alongside the feature movie itself.

I'm sure a lot of Bronies, myself included, are already on the hype train for what the next few months have to offer to keep us excited for whatever is coming up down the road as the series continues from here on out.

A lot of this sounds really interesting.

I am guessing that Top Bolt will be a Cutie Map episode with Rainbow Dash and Twilight and it will be the episode where Rainbow gets another solo song.

Also I am hoping that the Rarity thing that was mentioned was just talking about The Saddle Review and not another Rarity episode this season, there's been more than enough screentime for her this season, I want more from Fluttershy instead.

I am guessing that the Fault in our Cutie Marks will be a CMC episode and have something to do with that griffon cutie mark thing that was mentioned a while back.

And so far there has been no mention of a season 7.

Hopefully it means that there won't be one.